1 2 3 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 6:41 PM by starbuckfrack Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Adapt.. no. Conform.

I'm sure you've all see the word 'adapt' all over the forums. Players suggesting that others player need to adapt to a different play style.

The truth is, (for some) Ghosts does require adaptation, in fact so much so, it requires some players to completely alter their play style.

With that being said- I feel the best games allow for many different styles that can achieve similar results. And as a game that is part of a series, forcing followers to have such limited options in one part- and not in another just seems like a misstep.

Correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't a gaming franchise that caters to a wide number of players offer a wide assortment of play styles? Just seems rational.

So, do some players need to adapt to Ghosts? Yes. But since in this case, the choice was taken from them, conform is a much more accurate word.

-This coming from a tactical player that misses all the crazy chickens running around

• 1. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.
          rankismet

TG-ThoMz wrote:

I'm sure you've all see the word 'adapt' all over the forums. Players suggesting that others player need to adapt to a different play style.

The truth is, (for some) Ghosts does require adaptation, in fact so much so, it requires some players to completely alter their play style.

With that being said- I feel the best games allow for many different styles that can achieve similar results. And as a game that is part of a series, forcing followers to have such limited options in one part- and not in another just seems like a misstep.

Correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't a gaming franchise that caters to a wide number of players offer a wide assortment of play styles? Just seems rational.

So, do some players need to adapt to Ghosts? Yes. But since in this case, the choice was taken from them, conform is a much more accurate word.

-This coming from a tactical player that misses all the crazy chickens running around

So... what playstyle has Ghosts taken away?

• 2. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.
            nicedrewishfela

That is exactly what I was thinking...

It seems if people really were "conforming" in this game, they'd just bash it all the time. Excuse me, OP, for enjoying the game and learning the best way for me to play it.

• 3. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.

Almost all parts of rushing are obsolete with the low ttk and amplify.

• 4. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.
                nicedrewishfela

*Edit* Mindless rushing is obsolete.

I tend to agree with you on the Amplify, but I have been able to rush/move with some success.

• 5. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.

This is a post intended for players that aren't enjoying the game or who do not want to learn a new way to play. Plus, how would more variety prevent you from enjoying the game? However, if you'd like, i can make a post for the other half (like myself) that enjoy the tactical play style- but I like to see both sides.

• 6. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.
                    rankismet

TG-ThoMz wrote:

Take this how you wish...it's not meant to be an insult... just an observation.

If you can't rush in Ghosts... then you've been doing it wrong.

Want to really get better at rushing?

Learn to rush in HC. Seriously.

Once you get how to move around a map whilst not being as exposed as Miley Cyrus at an awards show... you can rush all you want.

• 7. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.
                      JustSomeGuY

I'm a run and gun kinda guy, and when I first started playing Ghosts, I would get furious.  After learning the maps, choke points, and common camping spots, I'm doing much better.  It just took some time for me to get adjusted. 

• 8. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.

rankismet wrote:

TG-ThoMz wrote:

Once you get how to move around a map whilst not being as exposed as Miley Cyrus at an awards show... you can rush all you want.

• 9. Re: Adapt.. no. Conform.
                          rankismet

TG-ThoMz wrote:

This is a post intended for players that aren't enjoying the game or who do not want to learn a new way to play. Plus, how would more variety prevent you from enjoying the game? However, if you'd like, i can make a post for the other half (like myself) that enjoy the tactical play style- but I like to see both sides.

Still not tracking on what playstyle is missing.

You can rush.

You can camp.

You can snipe.

You be a BK quickscoper.

You can tube.

You can sit in a corner with your thumb up your bahookey.

What am I missing?

1 2 3 Previous Next