11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2013 8:09 AM by Raketti RSS

PS3>>>>>>PS4 guys.

RAMBONER

You guys/gals that went from PS3 to PS4 have you noticed a faster pace while playing GW?  I am getting my PS4 in the next two weeks and just wondered if the pace on GW was a touch faster than it is on 3.  I prefer a little more action/chaos and it seems like adding more people would help. 

• Re: PS3>>>>>>PS4 guys.

fistly there is no ground war on the 360 or ps3, I am online on the ps4 now and there is a total of 20405 online and 1046 in ground war. If you want my advice don't bother! 1 ground war is just as campy as all the other game modes and 2 there just isn't enough people online the most i've seen is 40k so half the games are laggy as hell!! I came from xbox 360 to ps4 and am really wishing I hadn't! Just can't go back now as the graphics are so much better on the ps4 :/

RAMBONER

Yup I know its not on PS3 thats why I was asking about it on PS4. 

The low online numbers should improve by a ton here in about 8 days.  I would guess they will near double.  That should help with match making.  Good to hear that the graphics are quite a bit better.  Granted the $10 upgrade fee makes it not much of a risk really. 

Strange to hear that GW is as slow paced as regular is though since it adds 3 more targets.  That would seem to increase the action just by pure numbers.  Interesting.

Raketti

IMO the game plays about the same, as far as pace goes that is. Maybe in some lobbies there is a bit more action but if you get into a lobby where people play slow, the few extra enemies to shoot at won't help much.

The player count is low, but i don't really get any significant connection issues either. There is the occasional connection warrior but most of the time the game runs pretty well for me, and since i'm from Finland i can't really expect to get very local matchmaking in a game that hasn't got hundreds of thousands online anyway. I dropped a KEM playing KC yesterday, and after some of the enemies backed out and got replaced by new ones i started lagging a bit (which was weird because there was no host migration either), but so far i think that's the first time i've had such a bad connection that it makes the game hard to play.

The graphics are better, and the PS4 controller also feels better to use than the PS3 one. Definitely worth the 10$ for the upgrade.

RAMBONER

Good info there buddy thanks for that.  I have yet to experience any lag on the PS3 when it comes to hit detection.  I have seen guys slingshot around the map a time or two but some of that is to be expected when you are on anything that is not LAN.  It is impossible for it to be perfect ever, let alone always if that makes any sense.

Raketti

Yep, it's the internet and connections cannot be perfect in an online environment, something many people (me included) often forget when you get some questionable deaths. You can expect decent connectivity most of the time, but never having any inconsistencies is impossible.

I'm pretty sure the number of players online will increase during the holidays, and will continue to do so after Sony gets more consoles on the market. Many people would probably buy them if they weren't sold out in many places.

vince217

I don't play Ground War but I do play the other game modes.  Pace is about the same... very fast with the smaller maps, and just about right with the larger maps.  The graphics are a great upgrade. 

i think i will try Ground War tonight to see how it goes.

rlbl

When I play MP solo on the PS4, all I play is GW.  It is terrible on smaller maps, but on medium to large maps, very good.

RAMBONER

@Raketti.   I would have bought one weeks ago if they would have had more supply.  Momma possibly came through for Christmas now so I have to wait until after to find out.  If not I will be getting it asap.  Glad to hear that the graphics are noticeably better.  I was a little worried that it would be the same or not noticeable. 

RL.  Do you mean it is terrible because there is too much going on?  I assume that is what you mean.

rlbl

yeah... the game plays fine.Iif you like the extreme chaos it is ok.

Raketti

RAMBONER wrote:

@Raketti.   I would have bought one weeks ago if they would have had more supply.  Momma possibly came through for Christmas now so I have to wait until after to find out.  If not I will be getting it asap.  Glad to hear that the graphics are noticeably better.  I was a little worried that it would be the same or not noticeable.

Hopefully you will get yours soon, at least the retailers here are saying that they get more sometime next year but nothing certain, some of my friends have tried to get one but it seems impossible unless you buy one with twice the retail price of Ebay.

I've occasionally gone back to the PS3 version because the majority of my friends still play the game on the older platform, and once you get used to the PS4 versions graphics the PS3 version looks kinda ugly to be honest. The PS4 graphics are not mind blowing because Ghosts is not a true next gen game, but it does look a lot better on the new console.