1 2 3 4 Previous Next 112 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2014 11:12 AM by bullclaws Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
        TourettesGuy03

Removing equipment with it equipped? Are you serious? Do you just want free kills?

Yes I find the C4 annoying, but its not like the riot shield itself is overly useful when not used in tandem with a lethal accessory.

I use throwing knives with it, so whatever, but I dont get angry at the C4. It's your choice to let them get that close. Best "fix" (though I don't think they should) would be to put the shield down when you use accessories like in other titles.

• 11. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
          maccabi

The issue isn't the combination of shield plus c4... it the fact you can equip a radar onto your shield the range of it makes it nigh on impossible to sneak up on a shield user. As they know where and more importantly when to throw the c4

But the flip side of this equipping stuns and any of the other counters to shield users means while the set up is annoying it is easily countered if you are smart

• 12. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
            gotsomestars

Does otg counter the riot shield radar?

• 13. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
              r33k

nerfing C4? ABSOLUTLY NOT

its already slow enough to detonate compared to previous titles.

there is no shield/C4 epidemic.

there ARE counters to people using shields.

can we PLEASE stop the whining. this happens every release. when you whine, it shows the rest of the world how you cant cope or overcome things. its weak.

• 14. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                belly120

Ghosts is a game of trolls vs non trolls lol

my solution is note their tag, drop out and go your recent players list and mark them as a player you don't want to play against. then go elsewhere, when gaming the purpose is fun, yes countering stuff is easy in this game but why should i have to spend my life building classes to deal with pr*cks who just want to annoy people.

• 15. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                  ukscorpz

Is it really an epidemic?  I've not come across a shield user yet other than the bot controller kill streak?

• 16. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                    gotsomestars

So they are pricks for beating you? Interesting.

• 17. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                      Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Not only they are pricks but they are cheaters, too. I report every single one I encounter. They are abusing two perks, Strong Arm and Reflex. Anything that abuses something in the game is cheating in my book.

I encountered a whole clan doing this tactic and I went severely negative. I think I went 3-25 on that game. The game was KC and they were owning me and my team so bad. I started berating them on the mic when the match ended and I called them noobs, no-skill players, cheaters, and I told them I reported them all. They just laughed at me and told me I'm a sore loser and they have the nerve to tell me that I have more skill in complaining than playing the game. Next match went on and they employed the same tactic. The results were the same. Those cheaters won by a blow out.

This Riot Shield + C4 combo is really ruining the game. It is very unfair and I refuse to dedicate a class just to counter this underhanded tactic. Why should I adapt? I'm not going to stoop low just to counter this diabolic tactic. IW should do something. They should remove C4 from the game and they should make the Riot Shield more balanced by severely nerfing its movement speed by 75%. I don't care and I hate this tactic and IW should nerf it so bad and make it not viable.

IW really needs to do something about it and they need to do it fast. It's not fun losing to these game-breaking Riot Shield cheaters with no code of honor.

• 18. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                        ukscorpz

So how did they replenish their C4 if they were invincible behind their shields?

• 19. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                          rankismet

thebiindsniper wrote:

In my opinion, the best way they can remedy this is by removing the ability for equipment to be used while the shield is equipped.  As a result, the shield itself will be restored to its proper defensive based purpose.  While they're at it, have the C4 updated to only allow remote detonations when the equipment sticks to a surface, thus disallowing any midair explosions.

If the devs can take the time to understand why it's too powerful, then perhaps we can get somewhere.  But we'll most likely end up having to bite the bullet until the next Call of Duty is released.  Business as usual I suppose, especially when it comes to making the lesser skilled feel happy about themselves.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Well... this presumes it's an epidemic and an issue.

... but...

... I do like the idea of removing mid-air explosive capability.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next