1 49 50 51 52 53 Previous Next 786 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2014 2:33 PM by CHEFMARK72 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 500. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
        PSNGamerRednight

I think it should be who has the most clan vs clan wins at the end of the week

• 501. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
          Bielsalmighty

Connectivity would be your issue there. As cool as that would be, not to mention being a blindingly obvious ideal for every single CoD dev out there, its not realistic.

As for the current Clan War setup, I like the fact it forces me out of my comfort zone. I've actually come to enjoy playing a bit of SnR every now and again, been titanically amused at the fact that the best tactic for cranked is to camp your balls off, and when an enemy clan has felt compelled to finally come and take on my lot on our turf (we're an HC clan, you can imagine how long THAT took to happen this war) shutting them out despite them having the advantage felt absolutely awesome.

• 502. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
            captain_howdy69

IndyOldGuy wrote:

Ya know I totally suck at sniping, and an overall average player at best, but just to try it out, I made a sniper class and went something like 15-6 my first try at it in this game, which should tell anyone who is NON biased, and uses their brain, that sniping is too easy in this game. A wall of text is fine and dandy, but all anyone really needs is common sense.. The patch did nothing, I still see people popping their sniper rifles up faster than I can get up an SMG, and I still see almost no flinch in the sniper when hitting them with bullets as they aim down their scopes....

I did the same thing on the weekend. The difference is that I stopped using sniper rifles in CoD sometime after World at War because sniping properly was not really a viable tactic anymore and I detest quickscoping (and quickscopers).

They always say "quickscoping is not easy, it's extremely hard and if you're being killed by quickscopers, then they are just better than you" and other BS like that to try and justify what they do but if I can have a couple of practice matches against bots to figure out my classes and then go online and do this in TDM against real players: CoD Ghosts: Quickscoping Test - YouTube then, as far as I'm concerned, it's pretty damn easy. Take note of some of the kills that I slowed down to show how pinpoint accurate you need to be to actually get the kill while quickscoping (in case you couldn't tell, I'm being sarcastic) since quickscopers always claim that what you see in the killcam where the crosshairs are nowhere near the player but they still get the kill is not what actually happened. This was recorded with my Elgato game capture HD as I was playing so lag, lag compensation, killcams and theater mode have nothing to do with what you see. It is exactly as I saw it while playing
            Now just imagine if that was how I always played instead of being a once off after about an hours worth of practice. It's too cheap and easy and needs to be nerfed into oblivion to try and maintain some semblance of weapon balance.

• 503. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
              iivrruummii

Ya it is so easy.  *uploads his best gameplay in the hour*  What happened to the other 5+ games?  You did bad, and struggled?  It is easy to hide the bad games and only upload the good ones.  Let's see some of your worst games where you couldn't land a shot in a 1v1 gunfight and the games where you get total demolished by better players.  Come on stop lying to yourself and the community about quickscoping being "pretty damn easy".

As for weapon balance, it isn't an issue.  The ARs domination every COD game and hardly get any nerfs worth while.  Really the only weapons that seem to get nerfed these days are SMGs and snipers because all the AR users complain about them beating them in gunfights.

There is nothing wrong with quickscoping.  This is coming from a player that goes on 20+ killstreak tears running and gunning with SMGs and ARs without even trying.  I doubt quickscoping is so much easier than going 20+ killstreaks with SMGs and ARs.

If you would like to provide some valid proof that quickscoping is somehow cheap then you need to start doing some closed experiments in private matches with equally skilled players.  Most likely highly skilled players 1.5+ K/D and 1.0+ W/L.

• 504. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
                captain_howdy69

iivrruummii wrote:

Ya it is so easy.  *uploads his best gameplay in the hour*  What happened to the other 5+ games?  You did bad, and struggled?  It is easy to hide the bad games and only upload the good ones.  Let's see some of your worst games where you couldn't land a shot in a 1v1 gunfight and the games where you get total demolished by better players.  Come on stop lying to yourself and the community about quickscoping being "pretty damn easy".

As for weapon balance, it isn't an issue.  The ARs domination every COD game and hardly get any nerfs worth while.  Really the only weapons that seem to get nerfed these days are SMGs and snipers because all the AR users complain about them beating them in gunfights.

There is nothing wrong with quickscoping.  This is coming from a player that goes on 20+ killstreak tears running and gunning with SMGs and ARs without even trying.  I doubt quickscoping is so much easier than going 20+ killstreaks with SMGs and ARs.

If you would like to provide some valid proof that quickscoping is somehow cheap then you need to start doing some closed experiments in private matches with equally skilled players.  Most likely highly skilled players 1.5+ K/D and 1.0+ W/L.

Just because there aren't as many quickscopers as in previous games at the moment, doesn't mean it's not a problem that needs to be fixed. Especially since one of their big things with Ghosts before release was "quickscoping is not in the game" (along with dedicated servers on all platforms). Both of which were just marketing lies to get the people that have had enough of the yearly CoD BS to buy it since they knew sales were going to be down this year.

As for whether quickscoping is easy or not, why don't you give it a try for yourself and find out (although the fact that you're ******** about the video implies that you are already a quickscoper and don't like people saying it's easy). I urge everybody who hates it to give it a try and see for themselves. I might just keep doing it for a week and make a few more videos and see how that goes. As long as that's okay with you master.
                As for the *uploads his best gameplay in the hour* comment, I never said I played for an hour. I said that I played against bots for an hour to figure out my class setups, and then I went online, so maybe you might want to know what you've read before you reply next time. I think most community colleges have night classes so you could maybe brush up on some of those reading comprehension skills.

I played 2 or 3 games online before I stopped to edit the video. There's a few clips from one or both of the other games but they were slow and full of campers so I spent most of the two games running around looking for something to do and edited the boring crap out. I have had a few games since and the videos are on my hard drive but I haven't had the time to be bothered editing any videos since saturday.

• 505. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
                  iivrruummii

I never said anything about the amount of quickscopers.  Maybe you should go work on your reading comprehension skills too.  As for what I said I wasn't quoting you, they are asterisks.  It was more of a hypothetical assumption of what you did.

As for media BS, it happens all the time.  This is not an isolated incident.  IW said that there wouldn't be Last Stand on MW3 but guess what...there was Final Stand, the same exact thing.  As for quickscoping, I might just go play a game on Strikezone with the USR and attempt to quickscope and probably go negative like everyone else, but it all comes down to if the gun fights are in my favor or not, and let's not forget about the bad players that are easy to kill no matter what gun you are using.

Ya upload some of your worst gameplays and keep all of your deaths in the gameplays that way we can see how hard quickscoping really is.  I bet most of your deaths will be in close quarters by either SMGs or ARs.  It may be a hunch but my hunches always seems to be correct.

• 506. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
                    captain_howdy69

With the *uploads his best gameplay in the hour* part, I never implied that you were quoting me. I was, however quoting you and I added that part because you obviously misread the whole played for an hour part from my first post as I played for about an hour with bots first. But, I've already been through this and don't feel that I should have to repeat myself.

Also, I'm also well aware that you never said anything about the number of quickscopers. You did say that "The ARs domination every COD game" and that's true, not just in terms of the amount of kills but also the in number of people using them. However, the only reason quickscoping is not destroying every lobby yet is because the christmas noobs have only just got the game. Give them a few months and they'll be everywhere like in Black Ops 2. Every game will have 10 out of 12 players quickscoping. Mark my words, it's the same cycle every year, although, every year seems to be a little worse than the last. So maybe this year it'll be 11 out of 12 players in every lobby will be quickscoping.

• 507. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
                      MuscledRMH

Dear Teanah,

I made an interesting post why the health needs to be increased and why it will make Ghosts better and more fast paced.

Link: How to make Ghosts more fast paced!

• 508. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
                        gotsomestars

Its fine how it is. You want more health play heavy duty.

• 509. Re: Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts
                          TinyLittleTimmy

It suddenly feels like the health has been increased, no more accidental spray fire 1 bullet kills from SMG's thank goodness. This makes me wonder if all those super insta-kill bullets weren't hackers that started every match with deadeye already maxed out or something. Every once an a while a sniper will camp shot me but hey that's to be expected. Whatever slowly changed over the last 2 weeks, thanks!

1 49 50 51 52 53 Previous Next