13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2013 7:45 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Does real-life body operations affect your gameplay on Call of Duty?

So, if you didn't understand what this was saying, does your body function effect your gameplay on CoD? Well, you're probably thinking "No, Call of Duty isn't real life. It is only real to the nerds." Well, yeah but the way your brain functions, does it effect the way you play? For example.

The reflexes you have in real life could depend on how quick you react to enemies in CoD. If you had slower reflexes, then you'll react slower. Faster reflexes result in killing the enemy faster. So, it is not "practice makes prefect" when it comes to CoD. Reflexes result in this kind of thing. A scale of reflexes is shown in the bottom. It shows the scale of how reflexes work kind of like IQ or Earthquake measurements.

But its not just reflexes, its also "multi-tasking." What this means is thinking about more than one thing at the exact same time. Multi-tasking gets easier as you grow older, which may explain why adults are generally play better at CoD than kids. Multi-tasking is very important in CoD, because when you're playing its like saying "You have to think about flanking, and also your back, and what you're going to do when an enemy appears." If you don't think about that at the same time, you are pretty unorganzied already. So, next time you think about how to get better at CoD, train your reflexes and multi-tasking objectives.

Links v v v

Reflex Training aim400kg.ru/train/?a=pr&ln=en

Multi-Tasking Tips www.entrepreneur.com/article/225865

Reflex Scale

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4Header 5
      CensusScaleTimeAgeComparison
      1Very Slow5 seconds70's+Sloth
      1.2Very Slow4.8 secondslate 60'sSnail
      1.4Very Slow4.4 seconds60'sTurtle
      1.6Slow3.5 secondsearly 60'sToad
      1.8Slow3 secondslate 50'sTadpole
      2Slightly Slow2.4 seconds50'sFish
      2.2Slightly Slow2 secondsearly 50'sBeetle
      2.4 Quick1.3 secondslate 40'sCat
      2.6Quick1 seconds20's or lowerFly
      2.8Very Fast0.7 seconds20's or lowerBee
      3.0Very Fast0.45 seconds or lower20's or lowerRat
        • Re: Does real-life body operations affect your gameplay on Call of Duty?

So if I got a .3411 average on the reflex test...am I in the rat category?

xxphenomen4xx

I like to think that because I was so good at driving to the net, through three defenders, to getaan easy layup, conditioned me to be more aggressive and slippery, in game!?  But because I am an athlete doesn't really mean I could be better than anyone else.  I just like to think it does!?  What's funny ia that I prefer to snipe and snipers dont usually rush?

ghamorra

My sensitivity is low because I snipe which means I'm looking further off in the distance exponentially increasing the sensitivity. When I rush I'll turn it up to 7 mostly because it takes a while for me to adjust and 7 is usually where I can max out after playing a few matches sniping on 4 or 5.

You stats about time, if I'm assuming correctly it's in regard to how quickly someone can react or at the very least process information. Those are best case scenarios, I've played against people on high sensitivities that can move that quickly but they certainly aren't processing information that fast.

adw1983

What the heck is that chart anyway?

Time to aim precisely on target and fire?

I have an average reaction time of .25 seconds about now -- so it cannot be reaction time.

So... What is that chart??

rlbl

yep... After I drink too much beer, I have to take a piss.  Therefore I have to put my controller down and I cannot play for a period of time.

You did say real-life "bodily" operations right?

nuttin2say

adw ... you are probably a "younger" player. I say this because you miss the premise of the thread: the premise is that the condition of your body can influence how well you perform. While the OP uses age to demonstrate that thesis, other factors beyond age can also affect your body and, thus, your performance.

For example, your reaction time after 10 hours of nonstop play is going to be much slower than it is after 10 minutes of play. Conversely, your first 10 minutes of play are probably not going to be as good as the next hour of play.

If you've had a rough day at work or school, you're probably not going to be on your best game that night. If you have other things on your mind, you will probably not be at your best game play.

Etc, etc.

I don't get what the "census" is. In fact, OP, you would do better to explain what each column represents. I think your ultimate thesis is that there is a sweet spot of being able to multi-task and react quickly that makes for better performances in COD. There's no doubt about that. If you watch the forums, older players (35+) and female players tend to be more likely to perform better. Sorry guys, women tend to see both sides of an "argument" than we do. Younger players take these things as insults, but they would be better served learning from them.

A few years ago, the American military raised the recruitment age maximum to, I think it was 42. They've since lowered it again, but the rationale at the time was that while younger soldiers can react faster and take more damage (bruising, minor injuries), older soldiers could better discern risks such as when an engagement was even necessary to begin with.

The point is, overreacting faster than everyone else doesn't win the battle. And, generally, we can see that reality shine through in the various threads that are created.

starbuckfrack

Drewish kind of has a good point there that is not in those results.

Reflex in my opinion is based on a 1 vs 1 western style gunfight. But this game doesnt (or shouldnt) require you to be in a 1 on 1 "Draw! style" gunfight. This game requires strategy which again in my opinion wins the fight, not reflexes. Strategy such as coming up behind an enemy, throwing a grenade in the proper place, reading the minimap correctly, etc. This doesnt really require reflexes.

I mean sure not being tired, and having a mindset on the game itself has a certain play in those factors many times during when you are playing. If you are pumped up to kick some ass and yelling at the screen "get some !" your age really doesnt come into it because you mindset is on the game so you are going to probably win more gunfights using strategy.

Of course though the person yelling "get some !" at the TV screen will most liekly be a run and gunner .