1 2 3 4 Previous Next 104 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 6:53 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

Quick Glitching is a HUGE problem in this game, and the only people who are defending it, are the ones who are doing it.  There are MILLIONS of problems with this game, and quick glitching is one of them, if not the most.

• 11. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
          captain_howdy69

Probably because they said that "quick-scoping is not in the game" several months before release and patching that would be a hell of a lot faster and easier than trying to fix spawns and lag. Balancing snipers just involves tweaking stats for perks and weapons etc and can be completed and rolled out a lot faster, while fixing spawns and lag is a hell of a lot more involved.

• 12. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
            gbear106

In my honest opinion the whole increase flinch part of this nerf is needed. You can shoot at a sniper that has his scope up, when he is using focus and he will not even flinch off your body. As for me, I just hate quick scoping. I snipe sometimes, and I have gotten a few quick scopes. I myself find it cheap when I get one on an enemy who has been shooting me way before I shoot him. Quickscoping is mainly what people considered over powered because like myself, we've all been killed by a quickscope, when we started shooting first.

• 13. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

QS is retarded if you want to play a non realistic game play halo.....no real sniper in real life can QS so why have it in here im tired of snipers running around QS with the USR witch is supposed to be a 1 shot kill from chest up and they shoot me in the arm or leg and kill me its BS and if the mlg players are pros they should be able to adapt to other weapons

• 14. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
                starbuckfrack

As been said hundreds of times even though I dont quickscope. So that part about "the ones that defend it are the ones that do it" is wrong. It is consider as an exploit by the ones that cant avoid it, like for example the stupid players that run around a corner without checking and THEN not shooting fast enough for the quickscoper to ADS and shoot. Quickscopers KD ratio is one of the lowest in the game, so if you cant shoot a QSer fast enough you need to adjust your tactics. A QSer definitletly has a poor hit/miss  ratio compared to other shooters because they can only hit someone about one fourth the time.

Quickscoping is NOT a glitch in the game. It is planned by the developers to leave or keep in the game.All they have to do like in some previous games to make it so you ADS longer thus removing the so called "glitch".

They tried to remove the chance to quickscope in some previous games but it turned out to be a bad idea to the general quickscoping public.

• 15. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
                  Ryumaou

DiReTRiiX wrote:

During the days of CoD 4, Quickscoping was seen as being skilled

Really? In what community did you play the game? I guess must have been around kids messing around with that broken mechanic.

iamyourfather wrote:

The sniping in this game seems fair to me, and im not a qs. I feel that the guns are balanced which i like even the snipers.

I agree. QS already isn't a big topic on this game. The maps in Ghosts also promote the traditional use of a sniper rifle (in contrast to BO2 where snipers where more often used as shotguns with insane aim-assists)

• 16. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

starbuckfrack wrote:

. Quickscopers KD ratio is one of the lowest in the game,

This is definitely true. Darth Super, probably one of the best Snipers in Ghosts shows off his K/D (1.09). He uses sniper rifles exclusively.

Call of Duty: Ghosts My Sniper Stats & Prestige 5 Finished - YouTube

• 17. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

the biggest problem mechanically in this game is snipers, the QS  needs to go, and im glad they are removing it.. if you want to QS you better have skill.. I play FFA and it is riddled with kids thinking they are faze.. when i snipe im scoped in 90 percent of the time, which is what a sniper should be, not this crap of ads in and out like a mad man, and when a sniper can kill an smg in cqc.. tthere is a problem there

snipers dont run a round they catch an area and defend it, that is a proper sniper.. i say good that the QS is going away, and it sounds like it is a true removal, not the crap treyarch did.. and even what treyarch did, which was basically nothing, all the little kids were crying about it.. cant wait to see them make videos on it now

• 18. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

In short, quick scoping wasn't supposed to be in the game in the first place, so it needed to be patched out. We bought the game partially because it was announced they removed it from the game.

Quick scopers can't be mad about this. It was not supposed to be in the game in the first place!

Getting mad about this is like getting Count Chocula in your Frankenberries and then getting mad that the next box only had Frankenberries.

• 19. Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?
                          rankismet

amathyx wrote:

qs has always been seen as an exploit by bad players

thanks

Nah... it's seen as an exploit by anyone with common sense and a mere modicum of understanding of the mechanics which are being exploited.

You're still very welcome.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next