5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2013 4:32 PM by SavageHam RSS

why is this game still lagging!!!

Microsoft360

This game is so temperamental, I have days where mp is absolutely fine, and days and nights 'like tonight' where its total trash, its got serious lag spikes making it completely impossible to play... when is this going to be sorted once and for all?!?!?!? or like BO2 are we going to have to wait for months for a proper fix????  

• Re: why is this game still lagging!!!
          SavageHam

Hello Microsoft360,

I moved your thread to the Support Sub Forum from the PC Sub Forum, as it is a better fit.

Can you please let us know what your PC components are? Can you provide your Speedtest results? Have you attempted disabling the Dynamic Fur and PhysX Turbulence in the Advanced Video settings in game? Do you have the Steam Community enabled when playing online? Have you double checked your drivers for updates?

Thanks,
          ^AJ

Microsoft360

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Here is my spec

Vortex IV
              Operating systemWindows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 build 7601 (64-bit)
              CPU typeIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4900MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz ()
              RAM16304 MB
              Video cardIntel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (2112MB)
              Video cardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M (3072MB)
              Disk driveModel TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 ATA Device (Size: 931.5GB)
              Optical driveD: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208DB (CD-RW/DVDRW)
              NetworkIntel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
              NetworkRealtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (Speed: 1Gb/s)

Drivers all up to date (ver 7.5) have 40 gig fibre internet, most of the time the games fine (with exception of cheaters)

here are speed test results anyway

15ms ping

Download speed: 44.08mb/s

Upload speed: 10.23mb/s

the games actually runs better when I enable Dynamic fur, and PhysX is a given as I run a NVIDIA GTX 770M

SavageHam

Hello Microsoft360,

Are you able to determine whether it is FPS lags or actually connectivity lag? Did you try disabling the Steam Community in game? Are you playing with your laptop plugged in? Do you have your power settings set to High Performance, and the game always set to run on the dedicated graphics card? Your laptop may be trying to switch back to the integrated graphics card to save power, which may cause an FPS drop. Can you try the steps at the bottom of the page in this link: Activision Support.

Thanks,

^AJ

Microsoft360

Hello Savagham,

It looks like its both, a lot of matches the game is fine and in others its horrible 'but as I said most the time its absolutely fine' (with exception of increasing number of cheaters using hacks and aim bot controllers)

There is most definitely FPS lag, as the frame rate just stutters in a lot of games  - and when I'm having a connectivity problem the game usually lags consistently for longer frames, usually for the entire match till the host leaves.

I don't have an issue with any other game online.

I have my laptop plugged into its charger all the time and have power settings configured to 'High Performance' so don't think its power issue. I use my GTX 770m with all my games and use it as a gaming default, using integrated graphics is even worse as the frame rate is just shocking, I haven't tried disabling Steam Community in game yet, so will give that a go.

will also try the steps provided, again thanks for the replies very much appreciated.

Thanks

SavageHam

Hey Microsoft360,

Have you tried lowering the setting on either the Nvidia Control Panel or the In Game settings? I'm sure you've already attempted that as well to help improve performance vs quality. Is anyone else using the bandwidth when you are playing? Have you tried power cycling your router?

We're here to help! We appreciate your patience and cooperation in the matter!

Thanks,

^AJ