13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 6:02 PM by TargetFinderN00B RSS

Hypno Knife on Rhino??

Everytime I attempt it, the knife usually goes away..so has anyone done it or is it just impossible?

I heard you should aim for its mouth when he opens it but i'm not sure if its possible.

• Re: Hypno Knife on Rhino??
          Stinky666

I'm very confident it's not possible, or if it is you need to be very very specific with aiming.

I think being able to have a rhino on your side, is a bit TOO much, because they would kill the enemy too easily for you/us.

I'm almost 100% sure it's not possible. I sat there throwing a knife, picking it back up and throwing it again over and over and it didn't seem to matter where I hit it he would not become hypnotized. Key areas I tried were face/mouth, stomach and his back legs.

pharfrom

I have not personally seen, nor have I watched any actual video of someone doing it. I highly doubt the programmers would allow you to easily hypnotize a rhino though because it would give a serious advantage for the team, thus making the game far to easy. Hope my reply helps to clarify your question and to stop others from wasting their time attempting to hypno knife a rhino...

I've seen it only once, on Point Of Contact. One of the other players shot at the rhino that appears briefly on top of the building after the first barrier hive. He then charged us & my teammate threw a Hypno Knife at it's face, it worked. I personally haven't been able to do it yet. Maybe it is a glitch that works on specific "appearance" Rhinos only, such as that one on the building.

Those "appearance" Rhinos only attacked if provoked though.

ROXSTARUK

A friend of mine swears this is possible if you hit the Rhino between the eyes... but when I asked him if he'd seen it he said that someone else told him (yeah, sure buddy) -- I think at this point, a few months in without one YouTube video, then it's safe to say that it's either not possible or not worth the effort.

Stinky666

If it was possible, there would be a video on it. Regardless of how difficult it was. In fact, imagine being the first person to capture something as difficult as this on video and sharing it. It'd get some good viewing.

So whatever your mate or anyone else say, it's bullcrap.

Out of all the games I have played, SOMEONE would have managed to hypno a  Rhino and I see it. Sadly that hasn't happened, and the fact there is NO video ANYWHERE, tells you (not suggests) that it's pure and utter BS

ROXSTARUK

Stinky666 wrote:

If it was possible, there would be a video on it. Regardless of how difficult it was. In fact, imagine being the first person to capture something as difficult as this on video and sharing it. It'd get some good viewing.

So whatever your mate or anyone else say, it's bullcrap.

Out of all the games I have played, SOMEONE would have managed to hypno a  Rhino and I see it. Sadly that hasn't happened, and the fact there is NO video ANYWHERE, tells you (not suggests) that it's pure and utter BS

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said

PugnaxAlbere

Hate to be the mythbuster here but hypno'ing a rhino is NOT possible, I have tried it on a few occasions and have not had it work..... different attempts consisted of hypno'in with 1 knife, with 2 knives, with 3 knives and finally with 4 knives which the team had to save for the beginning of the crater area where we meet 2 rhinos...... I once threw a knife into a rhinos mouth and he beat the hell outta me...... tried it again just to be sure and sure enough he whooped on me again LOL..... It would be sorta cool to convert a rhino but then that might give the Dev's a bright idea to make something even harder for us to whomp on. If anyone would like to recreate then event surrounding my ass-whooping by a rhino please add me and we can get whooped on together...... XBOX360..... GT- OFC Pugnax

JSlayer211

Yea, this is pretty much the urban legend of Extinction. I have heard people say that it's possible, but I have NEVER seen it. With all of the hype that being able to hypno a rhino would create, someone would have shown a video of it being done as well as how to accomplish it. I am just going to say this was a rumor someone started and it ballooned out of control in the Extinction community. Don't waste your time chasing this waterfall.

Most of my friends say you have to hit it with 3 hypno knives in a row.

TargetFinderN00B

iirc, the guidebook said that the Hypno Knife will not work on Seekers and Rhinos