9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2013 8:56 PM by nuttin2say RSS

Mikhail Kalishnikov: Hat's Off

nuttin2say

I may get flamed for this, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Yup. I said it and I mean it. Yes, he was a commie. Yes, he designed a gun that has been responsible for the deaths of millions of people. Many of those innocent people. He did design a damm good gun. And those guns have been used on both sides of the fight. Most importantly, while that gun may have been on a side that was against us, most of the people using the gun believed they were fighting for a better life. You can't blame the soldier for the bad ideology of the politicians. Kalishikov was a soldier first and designed a soldiers gun. And in a time when Americans are losing rights by the dozen daily, my hat is definitely off to someone who is a symbol of something we all have a basic human right to bear: a firearm.

• Re: Mikhail Kalishnikov: Hat's Off
          ghosthound

While I agree that Mikhail Kalashnikov should be applauded as an inventor, even an inventor of a weapon, basic human rights do not and should never cover anything as crass as the so called 'right to bear arms'.

I feel a great sadness that so many Americans have been brainwashed by the NRA re this issue.

nuttin2say

Brainwashing?

When someone uses a term like "brainwashed" to describe a people, as if they are too stupid to think for themselves or as if the idea of bearing arms is something novel, I don't think the emotion being felt is genuine "sadness." Throughout human existence, individuals keeping and bearing private arms has always been a foregone conclusion. Only since the common man became literate, capable of knowing when he is being oppressed and capable of retaining a record of oppression have governments decided that keeping and bearing arms is not a basic, individual right. That being the reality, who is really being brainwashed?

ghosthound

'Sadness' was my polite way of avoiding having to say 'pity', in that I pity the utter stupidity of a group of people who have been brainwashed into believing the right to bear arms is such an important right - a right that the rest of the civilised world seems to get on quite nicely without.

Equating the possession of clubs, knives and swords to that of firearms is ridiculous. Throughout human existence humans have also believed that the world was flat and that the earth was the centre of the universe. But then again many NRA members probably also still believe in 'creationism'.

nuttin2say

Whatever floats your boat, ghosthound. If you want to believe that some ego-centric morons know better than you what is best for you, go on ahead and believe that. You wouldn't be the first to admit to being too stupid to know what is best for yourself and you won't be the last.

iHattoriHanzo0

Makes me think of a great movie.

Unknown-1.jpeg

NoLifeKing32

He invented 1 weapon and it has killed 100 million people, I'd call that a successful career.

maccabi

NoLifeKing32 wrote:

He invented 1 weapon and it has killed 100 million people, I'd call that a successful career.

considering most ak47s in the world are fakes and he never patented the thing nor made any money off  but a recent licensing agreement for the name on certain products it wasnt really that sucessfully..

the entire story is like the weapon version of tetris

matuzz

He designed the weapons because of Nazis and he would have rather made agricultural inventions.

I celebrated his accomplishments by going on a killing spree with the Ak47