10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2013 7:28 AM by iivrruummii RSS

Heavy Duty Doomed for Failure

Heavy Duty has great potential as a game mod and feels more like a COD game. I don't think it will ever take off in popularity as a playlist though as long as it remains a mosh pit of game types. Think it would have much more success as TDM only. I don't particularly like being forced to play game types I don't enjoy just to play heavy duty.

lewdmouth
        • Test #1
          Re: Heavy Duty Doomed for Failure

i have not tried it but do you know how much health they give them. I have played so much regular dom in ghosts so i have gotten used to the way we get kills and im now finding i am getting 30 round hitmarkers with the SC2010 extended mags and silencer across the map, so its became natural for me.

Last Edited: Dec 24, 2013 11:50 AM
          • Test #1

I agree. I think the only way to make the heavy duty playlist survive is to tab it under those game modes. What I mean is, they can keep it in tdm, dom, and blitz, however they should make it to where when you click on tdm, the option is under tdm whether or not to play classic or heavy duty tdm. Do blitz and dom the same. That way when people choose those modes, they are more likely to give it a try. Oh, I believe the health is 135%, so 1-2 more bullets to kill.

Last Edited: Dec 24, 2013 12:04 PM
            • Test #1

Just tried my first match of Heavy Duty. Thought that with more health, it might fix the problem where I appear to always die from one bullet. No luck. I still die INSTANTLY and my MSBS can still kill people with one burst.

If they added more health, it wasn't a noticeable amount.

Last Edited: Dec 24, 2013 1:10 PM
              • Test #1

And no one is complaining about how this mode completely screws over shotguns and snipers (esp. pump and bolt actions)?

Last Edited: Dec 24, 2013 1:29 PM
                  • Test #1

I agree, if they're going to do a Heavy Duty playlist they need to make sure that pump shottys and bolt-action sniper rifles are worth using. As of right now the sniper rifles OHK to the head. Unforunately, I don't know much about the shotguns because I don't use them but whatever is wrong with them is probably just as bad.

Last Edited: Dec 24, 2013 1:39 PM
                  • Test #1

Everyone is thinking it is going to take all these extra bullets to kills. The have added around 25-30 health. R5 Remington up close does 49 damage.......which means in core it takes 3 bullets to kill.....now do the math and how many bullets to kill in Heavy Duty? 3.

Where you will see the difference is long range encounters where the damage drops due to range and sniper rifles since sinper rifles due a damage of 100. Where the snipers really get screwed (and I love it) is even with Chome Lined which adds 24 damage, it is still a 2 shot kill unless headshot

Last Edited: Dec 24, 2013 1:43 PM
                    • Test #1

I am never going to play it, but if I do I will be using the AK-12 with Extended Mag and Dead Eye.

Last Edited: Dec 25, 2013 7:28 AM