17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2013 4:57 AM by milo-iq RSS

does reporting a hacker really work

Jullzwolf

I see a lvl 60 full prestige player in the lobby, I check his status and playing hours are only 1 day. Obviously haxed. I report the player for cheating. I switch lobbies cuz I know they don't get banned within a snap and ofcourse no one is really interested in playing a match with a flying invincible dude.

Now here is the thing. I report them but I see them again. Am I wasting my time by reporting? They are increasing day by day and gaining more skills too. This squeeker hops in the pre-lobby and says look im a noob which he was lvl 1. Then he was like wanna see me top u all? then boom lvl 60 full prestige.

This game should not be easily owned by squeeking haxers.instead of new maps and more dlcs. Please improve the security before the multiplayer gets incredibly infested with haxers.

• Re: does reporting a hacker really work

no it doesn't

it's there to make you think they care so you keep buying their games

Yeah...your better off just leaving the lobby dude..one of the first things I do before I play a game is i check the other players K/D and Win/Loss...if I see a player with a 2.77 K/D and a W/L of like 10.0 I leave..because they are either boosters or they hack.  The only way you get a K/D like that is super camping...hacking..or boosting I was playing Prison Break one time and this guy was hacking and was off the map shooting people..he was like 28-0 but no tag confirms

Lag_Cursed

Some new forum badmofo was just extolling his 4.6 kd in another thread. LOL

ANWRambo

Too bad K/D has nothing to do with how good you are as a player overall.

My question is....what is your win/loss ratio?

That is far more important then Kill/Death.

Who cares if you camp in a corner the whole match getting a lot of kills watching the spawns.

You don't help your team mates out which leads to a loss most of the time during objective modes.

That is why most have a low or negative win/loss.

Too worried about K/D which means nothing at all.

I understand what your saying and I agree to an extent...but W/L ratio does not prove much either..if your on a team that is garbage and is not collecting tags or securing flags and they are sitting around it is hard to win..again..when I play with friends or my clan mates it is much easier to win...k/d can be important if a player is not a camper..if they move around the map and they rely on reflexes/skill to get kills then it does matter...its all relative dude...I have played against clans that have great K/D's but we run over them because we get tags...on the other hand I have played with people who have great W/L ratios but they get killed 30+ times on K/C which hands the other team tons of tags..

S0nia

"if I see a player with a 2.77 K/D and a W/L of like 10.0 I leave..because they are either boosters or they hack.  The only way you get a K/D like that is super camping...hacking..or boosting"

Narrrow minded.

Yes there have been/still are hackers but they're being dealt with.

High win/loss ratio's are easy if you're always playing in a party with decent players, in a gametype such as TDM.

Experienced players who have played the past COD titles for many years are more than often going to be better than average, meaning higher K.Ds. Also, having a good headset such as Astro a40's allows you to pinpoint exactly where enemy players are. A 2 or even 3+ K.D is not difficult in these circustances.

As for boosting, tac inserts aren't selectable in Ghosts. The last time I've seen boosters were from the odd game or two in Black Ops 2 FFA. Other than that, how often do you really come across boosters? The prime of boosting died out long ago.

And "super camping" how often do you see a genuine corner camper pull off a good scoreline? If they're camping, it's not difficult to revenge kill by flanking them, especially since you know they're sitting in one place.

Is this your first COD by any chance?

umm..no its not my first COD...#2 dont be getting obtuse..I am speaking in a general sense...the other night I came across a guy who had a win loss ratio of 67.0..I have a tough time believing that is legit...if you have a legit 2-3 K/D and a super high w/l ratio good for you...but as I said lots of people I come across like that exploit things...like spawn trapping ETC...which is cheap...if you have to use cheap tactics then your not really a good player...not saying you do..im just saying..my k/d is 1.48 and my w/l is like 1.0...they are very average numbers but I play legit....I win more obviously when I play with friends...if I lone wolf it its a bit harder especially on k/c because people tend to be reckless on it

zzyzzwix

At the moment, I'm sitting on a 3.25K/D and a 2.29W/L. You just don't have to play like an idiot, and the Assault Strike Package helps.

Lag_Cursed

ABSOLUTELY NOT! 

ANWRambo

The report option is just there to give you the illusion that action is being taken.

It's like sending a PSN message to someone who has you on their block list.

Yeah you can send them a message to make yourself feel better but it never reaches that person.

It gets lost in internet land limbo and is never heard from again.

Izjar11

it works, and why would would a player level 60 with one day played be considered a hacker?

I've been getting called weird things lately, did you just buy the game?

Jullzwolf

I pre ordered ghosts. I'm playing cod since mw3. It's impossible to reach full prestiege lvl 60 in one day. Even if ur a top player with exp bonus running. It usually takes at least 1 day to prestige.  Say a professional can do it in 7 days of gameplay. Normally it should be at least 10 days of game play. Just wondering if u just bought the game...?

Any player who prestiges legitimately should know that. If people are calling you weird things... I can already see why...

Note: hackers in ghosts can easily change their level and prestiege and many other things too.

TheBeastlyDude

Yes, they are being banned but they just make a new name and start over with no worries. Until they work with Sony's security group, this will keep happening. But it seems they are probably onto a fix to stop those with all perks soon, if it's not fixed yet. I only played a few games since Monday and hadn't seen anything but it was only a few games.

CupcakeBandit

the only solution is to charge everyone to play online. You would be less incentive to cheat when you put real money down. It would also discourage people to make multiple accounts.

Schoat333

I'm not denying that this guy hacked, but be careful. Squads mode does not show in hours played, yet you can still rank up. If this person was playing squad mode mostly, realistically they could have ranked up that way, and have hardly an hours showing.

Now, 10th prestige I doubt, because max xp in squad mode is 2000. that would take a long ass time lol.

Jullzwolf

This happened in the pre-lobby. The player joined the server and was lvl 1 new account. Then he says " yo look ima noob". No one responded. Then he said "watch me top u all" then his level became full prestige 60. Then he changed his name to x square O triangle. Then we logged out.

milo-iq

Not in my experience of COD, have reported a few mainly boosters cases still open