4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2014 2:50 AM by MelkorXV RSS

My PS4 froze and now I have lost all my campaign progress?

Hi,

My PS4 froze loading up the Netflix app and I had to turn off the console at the plug.

Now I have lost all my campaign progress (I was about 3/4 of the way through the game on Veteran) and it is only allowing me to start a new game when I access the campaign section on the menu?

Can someone please advise on what to do? I have tried uploading the data to PS+ online and redownloading it but it is still not working. I have all the trophies up to this point (Atlas Falls mission) and really will not start all over again.

Michael

• Re: My PS4 froze and now I have lost all my campaign progress?
          EmiliozGunz

Hello MelkorXV,

Thanks for taking the time to post!

I am sorry to hear about your campaign reset. Have you tried navigating to the chapter select menu and see if you can load up from the last mission you were on? This might not be the last save point you started, but at least you wouldn't be starting completely over.

Just let me know!

Thanks,

^JG

ATVI Support

Hi JG,

It doesn't give me the option to chose a mission, the only option available is to start a new game?

I would be happy with going back to the start of the mission I was up to but really don't want to start the campaign all over again.

I've got Battlefield 4 which I haven't started yet but will just switch to that if this can't get resolved.

Let me know what I should try/do to fix this?

Thanks,

Michael

otisman666

This seems strange to say the least.  Did you do all this gameplay in one session or had you saved, left the game and come back again already?  Can you find your game save file when you go into your memory section under options?

There are instances being reported where the PS4 is losing data due to memory corruption, but I didn't think that applied to game save files, but then again this is all new territory for all of us.

I had been playing it on and off since it launched so I had saved, left the game and come back multiple times. Yes, the game data file is still there - its around 13mb in size, that the one right?

Is there anything I can actually do to get this back? I haven't started the campaign again yet and I probably won't bother as it took me quite a while to get to where I was.