1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 108 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 6:50 PM by gotsomestars Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 20. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
        Starbuck_OS

-Lag compensation breaks due to awful matchmaking

-Revenge spawn breaks the spawn system.

-Streaks are no longer rewarding

-Awful game stutter, fps drops, sound stutter, menu lag, lack of dedicated servers in cities with data centers with previous COD servers.

Do you see the very obvious recurring problem? the netcode cheats players and adds delay due to other players that have bad internet connectivity such as lag, jitter, packet loss, it does not function; you might be ignorant or awful at the game (not trying to insult you) so you might not even notice.

• 21. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
          starbuckfrack

If they added delay just like one or two previous CODs they would add delay for ALL the players. You cant add delay for one or two specific gamers because they have a better connection.

Besides how do you know you arent the one with the bad connection ? Its impossible for you to have a constant "good ping"  every game.

Lets say you are in LA and the other enemy is in New York. If the host is in Virginia then the player in New York has a better connection than you.

• 22. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
            gotsomestars

Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it true.

• 23. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
              Starbuck_OS

Because its not based on ping, its based on jitter and packet loss as well, please I know you think you know what you're talking about, but you really don't.

Please... PLEASE.. go educate your self on networking, I will even assist the process, topics you should research:

-Lag

-Packet Loss

-Jitter

-Bandwidth

-Latency

-Connection hops (because you mis-understand how latency works)

Then finally you can dive into the actual issue of COD

Rewind time (a process of lag compensation)

Good luck.

• 24. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
                Starbuck_OS

You're welcome to disprove it, I have documentation and facts on my side, you have ignorance.

• 25. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
                  starbuckfrack

Sorry but did I mention hops or packet loss or jitter in my post ? I dont remembering mentioning anything like that in my post. I didnt mention the types of connections when routed to the host either. I didnt mention weather during that post. I didnt mention maintenance in that post either. I didnt mention ISP changes either . How about the change when you get rerouted many times in a match should I mention that too . Maybe to make you happy I should just make an entire 6 pages on how it works.

all I said is you PING would not be better if the host was in Virginia. PRIMARILY this game bases you on your ping when connecting. This game does not put you in a lobby based on your packet loss or your jitter. Those are just side effects of connection issues .

Now if you want to get technical your PING would change consistently, your jitter could change you hops could change , your packet loss could change ass well and usually does during a match, etc. All during the same  match.

My statement is true they dont add delay for just one person. They add delay for ALL players and put them in a buffer. Stop trying to change the subject. It is mathematically impossible for you to have the best CONNECTION in all the lobbies you are in.

And BTW "menu lag" ? Really ? All games can have some sort of menu lag, just like all games can have loading lag sometimes. Did you ever notice that Netflix loads longer sometimes ? Doesnt mean that the Netflix code is screwed up.

• 26. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
                    starbuckfrack

Here is a quote from a developer that worked on COD who now works for respawn.

Question

does lag compensation punish players with good internet ?

Answer :

Nope. Antilag makes it so you don't have to lead your targets, but it doesn't change the order of the damage on the server. It does the damage in the present, with entity positions from the past. But if you don't have antilag and players know how to lead their targets perfectly, it behaves exactly the same.

The world is rewound to play back the bullet when the lagged player's fire command eventually arrives at the server, but the low-ping player will still have the first chance at killing the higher ping player, because his/her fire commands get there first.

To put it simply: if two players both unload at each other simultaneously with the same weapon with perfect accuracy, the low-ping player will still win.

Now, if the higher ping player shoots and gets his/her fire command to the server first, then he/she will win.

---------------------------

Unless you think I lied there too and dont know what I am talking about.

• 27. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
                      starbuckfrack

And for those that think its a lie.

Respawn Entertainment forum • View topic - Does lag compensation punish players with good connections

Remember this for those people who think they got punished.

• 28. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
                        Starbuck_OS

And BTW "menu lag" ? Really ? All games can have some sort of menu lag, just like all games can have loading lag sometimes. Did you ever notice that Netflix loads longer sometimes ? Doesnt mean that the Netflix code is screwed up.

Actually the menu lag is PC only, due to a bad port, all other platforms run seamless.

This game does not put you in a lobby based on your packet loss or your jitter. Those are just side effects of connection issues

The side effect is horrible delay added to users, compensation might not add delay user by user, but it continues to change every new connection, and sometimes just adds too much delay compared to the people who get compensated, its actually sad is as bad as a 1 second delay.

Also I changed no subject, I simply pointed out you do not know what you're talking about and miss lead users into believing there is no problem, I will not stand for it.

Also if you're going to cite how lag compensation works, maybe you should go and ask Respawn how rewind time works, because MW1 and MW2 were the best CODs in the series for networking the delay in the game caused by compensation wasn't bad, in-fact it was balanced outside of host advantage (which I would rather over this garbage netcode we have now any day) , I would rather Infinity Ward copy paste the net code from those games to ghosts, but you assumed didn't you, now please once again go research how lag compensation is handled in Black Ops 1, Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 2 and now Ghosts, I'll give you a clue, they all have over tuned rewind time.

(rewind time is the process, its a part of lag compensation; just in-case you think I am attacking lag compensation, its actually the mandatory thing in FPS)

Here maybe a good example how the delay works. (please skip to 3:45 for the example if you do not wish to watch the whole thing)

• 29. Re: CoD Ghosts: Bad Hype
                          starbuckfrack

Where did I say there was no problem ? No where.

"If they added delay just like one or two previous CODs they would add delay for ALL the players. You cant add delay for one or two specific gamers because they have a better connection."

Where it that statement did I say the game was perfect ? Where ANYWHERE did any of us say the game was perfect ?

Where in that statement did I mention there WAS or WAS NOT rewind time ? THAT is changing the subject.

I stated that if they DID (do you notice the word DID) add delay they would add it to ALL the players which means I did NOT state they do not add a delay.

And if you bothered to read the link I posted to you they mentioned rewind time.

You may think I have no idea what I am talking about but you can clearly see that you dont know how to read what is typed in front of you.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next