19 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 8:49 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Are Kontrolfreeks legit? I want YOUR opinion

Do they actually effect your aim and performance?

Swagtus
        • Test #1
          Re: Are Kontrolfreeks legit? I want YOUR opinion

I love them.  If only for the reason that they make concave tops so my fingers dont slip on the ps3 sticks.

Last Edited: Dec 30, 2013 2:56 PM
          • Test #1

I love them too!!!!!

Last Edited: Dec 30, 2013 3:03 PM
            • Test #1

When I first started playing BO2 I used control freaks.  It allowed me to increase my sensitivity from 7 to 12 on BO2 and improved my aim from when I was terrible.  After many hours of practice, I have since taken them off because the increased leverage took away too much tension from the sticks, and instead I decreased my sensitivity significantly.  On BO2 I now play on a 4 or 5, on Ghosts I play on 3. 

My aim is now near spot on, and I will rarely lose a gunfight if I fire first.  When I first started playing, this was not the case at all.

If you find yourself at a plateau in improving your game, I'd recommend the kontrol freeks.  The one I liked was the Green CQC model.  Once you've improved with the kontrol freeks and find yourself at another plateau, I recommend taking them off, and playing at a lower sensitivity.

How I was able to move beyond the kontrol freeks and further improve my aim / game was by changing my discipline on when I would go ADS and when I would hip fire aim.  A good way to think about it is like this...

hip fire aim = big adjustments

ADS = fine adjustments

For opponents that are far away or mid range I will hip fire aim and then ADS.  For opponents that are close range I will hip fire the weapon and then ADS to finish. 

An advanced technique to take out multiple targets is to alternate ADS and hipfire for fast controlled movements. ADS one target and when that target is finished quickly pop out of ADS and hip fire to the next target while ADS'ing back in to avoid swing past the aim point.

When I check areas looking side to side also I use hip fire aim.  Additionally, I when moving from area to area, I make sure my cross hairs are always pointing at where an enemy is most likely to show up (ie, doorways, halls, windows, corners)

By maintaining this discipline, I am able to gain the benefits of better aim with lower sensitivity, and mitigate the negative effects of slower look movement.

Last Edited: Dec 30, 2013 3:16 PM
              • Test #1

They are 100% legit!! love them ,, they just make the controller a better fit for my hands with the extended thumb sticks .. I have them for both 360 and the xone .

Last Edited: Dec 30, 2013 4:03 PM
                • Test #1

I actually didn't care for them.  I tried them out for a few weeks and while I didn't see any change in my stats, I just didn't like the way they felt.  To be honest, they didn't help me much.  That's just me though.

Last Edited: Dec 30, 2013 5:14 PM
                  • Test #1

Hey Everyone!

This thread was moved from the Ghosts Support Sub Forum to the Ghost General Discussion as the topic is not support related. We appreciate your enthusiasm and encourage you to be active among the community! Happy Hunting!

Thanks,

^AJ

Last Edited: Jan 1, 2014 6:36 PM
                    • Test #1

I first started using them on BO2 and loved them.  On the ps4, I just couldn't get used to the shorter sticks.  Now that I have my freeks for the ps4 controller, I'm right back where I need to be.  The added height to the sticks should give you the ability to make better movements with your aiming - becoming more precise.  I would highly recommend them for anyone who plays the game outside of just goofing off.

Last Edited: Jan 1, 2014 7:04 PM
                      • Test #1

Probably a day or two.  I use the concave freeks.

Last Edited: Jan 1, 2014 7:30 PM
                        • Test #1

I wanna say thanks to the OP for posting this. I got a set in the mail atm and was wondering what people thought of them. What sort of kontrol freeks do you all use??

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 12:39 AM
                          • Test #1

IMO the folks who suck use them, that and scuff controllers....might as well have someone spoon-feed you dinner while you are at it.

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 5:05 AM
                              • Test #1

Do you even know what kontrol freaks are ? I doubt it , the only thing they do is extend the thumb sticks which for people with larger hands makes the controller a bit more comfortable. They are a snap on attachment that in no way changes the game, just the fit of the controller in your hand.  and when it comes to using moded controllers it would depend on the reason they are being used as I know some with disabilities that use them so that they can play....

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 6:37 AM
                              • Test #1

they are legal and each have their own reason for using them, i got them because i have huge thumbs and it always felt like i was barely holding on to the stick. they give me more surface are to grip with, prob all in my head but they feel better. also my hands twitch for medical reasons so when my fingers spas out on me instead of spinning 180 degrees im only going 90.

i run cqc on my left movement stick and phantoms on my right aiming.

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 5:55 AM
                                • Test #1

i tried then and didnt like them at all , but i will admit everyone of my controllers has a domed right stick as i can aim alot better than with a concave stick

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 6:00 AM
                                  • Test #1

FYI if you have a set for your 360 dont bother buying for the xbone , just use a lighter , heat up the three plastic grippers and bend them in slightly they should then fit the new controller fine , saves you buying a whole new set

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 6:54 AM
                                    • Test #1

I didn't know which I wanted, so I ordered the set of 3 last year.  I prefer the shortest (close quarters I believe).  I believe it has helped my aim in the fine adjustment department while allowing to play on a higher sensitivity.  Even if they didn't help my performance, having large hands, I like the feel of them.  I only have one on my aim stick.

The ones I got for my PS3 fit my PS4 controller as well.  No modification necessary.

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 7:18 AM
                                      • Test #1

I have big hands and need them to prevent my hands from cramping. They do wonders for me, but I'm still using a low sensitivity. (Sensitivity of 4-6 depending on system.)

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 8:49 AM