7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2013 1:19 PM by Firesens RSS

fetching online profile... ... ...

r33k

something i have been meaning to talk about for some time.

i wanted to get the input of the forum to see if i, myself have a problem or if its something thats generally seen by you.

as you start the game and join xbox live, it fetches your online profile and you get that message. now, this ONLY happens to me on IW CODS, but the initial fetching of the profile will hang 98% of the time. canceling(using b) and retrying will not affect this and it will timeout again. ONLY when the console is reset, will it join. after that, everything is just fine.

NAT is open, line is fine. everything looks great. again, only on IW games. treyarch games fetch(they dont use that term but i will here) the profile properly and fast.

tell me what happens to you.

• Re: fetching online profile... ... ...
          filthy3627

I literally just tweeted Activision support about this. I log in to multiplayer and it connects to xbox live then I get stuck waiting for it to "Fetch my profile" and then I get the servers unavailable error. I have to back out to main menu and then connect all over again. It connects me eventually, however sometimes I have to repeat the whole back and forth 2-3 times and it's getting very annoying. My nat is open and my connectivity is fine, so I am not sure why this happens. if I get any info. I will relay back to this post.

filthy3627

There is a couple of good responses to this problem under Ghosts support forum. No permanent fix, but little advice at least.

Join a friend's game and have them go to and start a private match and then end it. Otherwise, you just have to keep going to the main menu or dashboarding until it loads...I think.

Exactly the same issue I have when first going to play online, also my clan mates complain about it all the time too when they get online join our party and then cant "fetch" their profile until they restart their Xbox and try again.

One more thing I've found weird is the rare time I fetch my profile the first try and join games they are the most ridiculous, choppy, glitchy, laggy, unplayable matches ever seen, so im better off restarting anyway!

EJKHunter

To be honest, when that happens to me, I dashboard, go into storage, delete the current update, then restart the game and redownload the update

that was literally the only way I was able to fetch my profile last month... all of last month... nothing, and I tried every trick mentioned above, worked at all. I got so used to turning the box on, wiping the update, then redownloading and starting the game that it's muscle memory

This stopped happening with the 12/23 update, and only pops up randomly (usually when the server status is Defcon 3 or 4) so it isn't a big deal anymore.

I've tried to logically figure out what's causing it, but it seems to have something to do with your connection to the IW database where profiles are kept and, at least for me, the current patch variables.

Again, I have friends that simply dashboard and reload the game and it works for them.. but it would not with me... I could dashboard fifty times in a row and it wouldn't fetch my profile fifty times in a row... but if I wiped the title update and redownloaded it, it would find my profile instantly when I got back in... so...

It's an unnecessary problem but considering the dev's on this CoD, one that won't ever be completely fixed... they have a history of patching things that don't need focused on and ignoring things that are clearly broken parts of integral GUI or mechanics either in menu's or in gameplay itself...

I don't need to remind anyone of the rock on Fuel...

I play on a moderate NAT (dunno if that's relevant) and experience this issue occasionally.  Usually clearing my xbox cache takes care of it; I don't normally have to do a full restart.  Might give that a shot first.

Firesens

Your not the only one same thing happened to me, only way to fix is to dashboard and restart the game apparently.