18 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2014 1:54 AM by macron0 RSS

Game stuck at fantasm forest kaos

Hello,

Swap force keeps getting stuck at end of fantasm forest.  After defeating kaos, nothing happens.  His ship goes down.  His health meter disappears.  Nothing happens.  We continue to fly in space looking at the red and blue targets for shooting water.  I have unplugged the portal multiple times.  The chord is straight and away from the box.  Not connected to internet.  We can hit + to get to other options.  Seems like there are lots of posts about getting stuck.  What can I try?

• Re: Game stuck at fantasm forest kaos

Hi. That same thing happens with my kid's game. Will somebody from Activision reply, please?

Thanks.

jgsketch

I too get stuck in the exact same place. My game freezes at other areas too, but if we just retry that particular level or area after a reboot we are fine. But not this one. Wasted 2 hours going through the exact same land just to have it freeze after beating Kaos three separate times. I've followed the freezing guidelines that have been posted, but they do not help. I cannot continue with the game. Please Help. This is frustrating. Thanks.

Hi. The same happens with our game. We're playing Skylanders Swap Force/ Wii and everything's fine until we beat Kaos three times. After this we don't see any other enemies - only our 2 cursors. We can move them but nothing happens.

Following other hints we deleted old saved games but without success. Really frustrating as we tried this chapter three times! Looking forward for help!!! Thanks.

OGHuxtable

Hi Jgsketch,

We appreciate you taking the time to post.  Can you please specify the platform you are?  Also, clarify the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.  Such as checking the game disc for scratches, fingerprints, cracks.  To help identify if the matter is disc related, would it be possible to try the disc on another console (friend/family member)?  Additionally, please specify the exact point where the freezing occurs.

Regards ^AH

Hello,

I am using a Wii.  I do not have another console to try it on.  I have cleaned the disc and checked for scratches and smudges.

The game does not freeze so much as it fails to proceed to the cut scene / cartoon.  The end of the level requires you to shoot down Kaos in his flying ship.  His health bar is at the top of the screen.  We have shot him down 3 different times.  His ship disappears and his health meter goes away.  Per the guidebook, this is the end of the level.  However nothing happens.  We can still move our cursors / targeting circles on the screen.  We can still fire at nothing.  We can hit "+" to get to the options screen.  The game still moves and responds, it just has us staring at blue sky with no bad guys.  At this point it should proceed to the next cut scene cartoon and then take us to Woodburrow for the next level.  It does not.  We just stare at blue sky and can fire at blue sky but do not move forward.

If I hook my Wii up to the internet, is there a patch?

What else do I need to try?

This sounds like a problem that has happened to other people in the same manner.

jgsketch

I'm using the Wii original. I did check the disc and cleaned it. It did not help. I've also gone through the normal steps of making sure the cord is not bundled, away from other electronic devices. As for what happens exactly, see kkd1 response above mine. It's the exact same issue, place and time.

My child can no longer play the game and this is unacceptable considering the amount of time and money invested in this game and characters.

As for the suggestion of removing Wii console memory and channels, this too is not a good solution. I have profiles and saved game info on here that I'm not willing to loose.

FYI...I had the same problem on my wii.     I delete my internet connection and it worked!

OGHuxtable

Hi Jgsketch,

Thanks for the update.  I don't believe I indicate to delete any Wii Channels in my previous post; however, it was recommended to try the disc on another console, if possible.  Trying the disc on another console will help identify if it's disc related. Often times small scratches on a game disc may not appear to be an issue but the drive may have an issue reading the disc.  This is only one suggestion to help identify the issue.

Additionally, the game does not require an internet connection as there is no online "multiplayer" feature.  If you haven't already done so, please try disconnecting the console from the internet and leave it offline.  Restart the console and see if the freezing still occurs.  All of the troubleshooting steps are simply to identify what's causing the freezing by process of elimination.  What may appear as the same issue one user is having may actually be quite different.  We're here to help pin point and resolve the matter.

Regards ^AH

jgsketch

So, all these people with the exact same problem might be caused by different things. Seems unlikely.

Any case, finding someone with a original Wii has not worked out. Most of moved onto Wii U or other consoles. So I cannot test my disc. As mentioned before, I inspected the disc and cleaned it. I reviewed Activisions guide for game freezing and followed all recommendations. I've tried other users recommendations for troubleshooting as well. No luck here.

How often is the CD the issue? Are there newer CD with a more updated release of the game? How can I obtain one?

I'm done trying to troubleshoot it. I would rather sell it and with the money just switch to Disney Infinity.

Bluemoto66

Like everyone else we are having freeze problems with Swap Force on a Wii. Then our portal quit working entirely.

After trying all the support steps we tried the disk and portal on another Wii and it still did not work so Activision sent me a new portal.  It worked but the game freezes are still happening. The freezes happen anywhere and with out a pattern.

One or two figures on portal, sometime at start of game just walking in Woodburrow.

Thinking of upgrade to Wii U in near future but have a few questions:

Are the portals the same for both games (Wii and Wii U)?

Is the Disk and Software the same for both games? I know that the Wii U is backward compatable so they should work but is them any thing lost by not have the Wii U parts?

We have had similar problems and freezing in the exact same spot. What we found is...

1) Free up at least 1500 blocks before going to #2.

2)Hook up to internet at the beginning of game so it will get any updates/patches.

3)Unplug wifi router while playing so game cannot talk to internet

4)This stinks-- but limit swapping

5) When it freezes at Fantasm Forest it saved the game. We closed down game. Started back up with internet off and only one character and it got past it.

Activision tells everyone to try another console (we did), clean the disk, clean the console, have the portal in the middle of the room, don't put other characters near portal when not in play, etc.

But these freezing problems are usually because this game was forced to run on the wii and it can't handle it. I wish we had bought the wiiU version. Good luck.

macron0

Hello,

We purchased Swap Force for the WII  (Dutch version) last week en now we are also stuck at the en of the fantasm forrest. We have tried several times and it is very time consuming to keep trying al the basic solutions. Deleting al save games and channels is not an option.

It seems that other people have the same problem at the same point in the game. So I think activision should really ackknowlegdge this problem and come with a solution for this. problem. We spent hunderds of euro's on the skylanders figures and expect a working game!

So support please dig into this.