1 2 3 Previous Next 73 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 9:28 PM by Ajaffaroo RSS

Riot Shield + C4 Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included

I signed up just to say this.

Riot shields are ruining search. I play a lot of search. Unlike a lot of other complaints, riot shields are consistently a problem. Adapting to them ruins the whole experience. In order to adapt to facing a riot shield you need to waste at a minimum 5 perk slots - which leaves you fodder to anyone using a normal class.

They don't ruin any other playlist (for obvious reasons), but a riot shield built correctly can kill 4 people on average per round. Riot shields can throw C4 with no exposure. They have portable radar and can detect anyone unwilling to waste 3 perk slots. Also, danger close + noob tube secondary + reflex + extra lethal is simply too powerful for a class with a constant UAV. Its just OP.

Possible solutions I thought of (I'm sure there are better ones):

1) Make it so when riot shields use C4's they expose themselves. Strongarm + a quick C4 = no exposure. It isn't possible to combat this, especially when they see you coming wayyy before you see them (from the portable radar)

2) remove portable radar in search, its just too good. I don't feel like i need to explain why having the equivalent of 3 satcoms constantly on is too good.

3) limit 1 riot shield per team in search "Sorry, someone else is already using a riot shield".

4) nerf the portable radar - make it go slower

5) make it so even if weapons are switched the riot shield still moves slow

I hate complaining about stuff - but this one I couldnt keep to myself.

Wondering how the community feels about this?

• 1. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included

Um the Riot Shield is ruining Search and Destroy? Wow so much irony in this post it's too easy but here goes nothing let me guess you are posting this because someone finally found a way around your Amplify campy style is that it? Or is it because you rush the spawns? Regardless of why you are complaining why do you think it's okay for someone to have to adapt to how you play but you are unwilling to adapt to how they play? That makes no sense and it's selfish not to mention all of your solutions are irrational because for one the player is exposed while throwing C4 and I have killed them many times while they get exposed. Also a quick semtex or rocket going behind them or sticking them will kill them as well. This play style has many counters Off The Grid and Danger Close are two of them you could even throw down a Trophy System before you encounter them. Odds are these players don't Tactical Resistance so you could just spam them with tactical grenades.

Your post about the motion sensor is ironic in every way the motion sensor is no worse or different then Amplify only it involves sight instead of sound like Amplify you don't even have a sweeping motion on Amplify it's constant. So why are you complaining about the Motion Sensor instead of Amplify oh that's right it's because you use Amplify in Search am I right? Learn to adapt or stop playing if I can make a Riot Shield guy rage quit so can you it's called adapting maybe you should try it some time. I can't wait until Riot Shielders start using Amplify lets see how mad everyone gets about that. There is nothing overpowered about the Riot Shield if you think there is well it's probably because you don't know how to adapt thats what this game is all about.

• 2. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included

Um the Riot Shield is ruining Search and Destroy? Yes, that's the title of the post.

Wow so much irony in this post it's too easy but here goes nothing let me guess you are posting this because someone finally found a way around your Amplify campy style is that it? No, I don't even own a headset,  I usually play on a low volume because of others around.

Or is it because you rush the spawns? How is this relevant?

Regardless of why you are complaining why do you think it's okay for someone to have to adapt to how you play but you are unwilling to adapt to how they play? As my argument, rather obviously details, the adaptation is not typical in this case, it requires a narrowly tailored class which compromises 1) your experience 2) your ability to confront regular, non-riot shield players. I can explain this in more depth if you can't understand this.

That makes no sense and it's selfish not to mention all of your solutions are irrational because for one the player is exposed while throwing C4 and I have killed them many times while they get exposed.  Nope, not if they throw it quickly enough. Also, I'm aiming to represent the majority of players. Not everyone can shoot a pixel like you.

Also a quick semtex or rocket going behind them or sticking them will kill them as well. Lol, this isn't a solution. "just stick them" solves any problem. Quickscopers? Just stick them! Someone rushing? Just stick them! This just doesn't even address the problem.

This play style has many counters Off The Grid and Danger Close are two of them you could even throw down a Trophy System before you encounter them. Odds are these players don't Tactical Resistance so you could just spam them with tactical grenades. I guess you don't play search very much. This is just a bit naive, with all due respect. "This style of play has many counters". No. It has one counter, specifically using Off the Grid and Blast Shield (you erred by saying dangerous close, I assume). As outlined above, this isn't a solution.^^

Your post about the motion sensor is ironic in every way the motion sensor is no worse or different then Amplify only it involves sight instead of sound like Amplify you don't even have a sweeping motion on Amplify it's constant. Well, I think both need to be fixed, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. I scored pretty high on the LSAT, so I can confidently identify a fallacious argument. *points at your argument*

So why are you complaining about the Motion Sensor instead of Amplify oh that's right it's because you use Amplify in Search am I right? Nope. Don't even own a headset.

Learn to adapt or stop playing if I can make a Riot Shield guy rage quit so can you it's called adapting maybe you should try it some time. I can't wait until Riot Shielders start using Amplify lets see how mad everyone gets about that. There is nothing overpowered about the Riot Shield if you think there is well it's probably because you don't know how to adapt thats what this game is all about. I'm sorry you're in a bad mood -- This is a bit .. over the top, no? Work on constructive feedback, it helps everyone. Ranting like this is just indicative of personal issues, which I don't care for.

For future posts, please try to keep it on topic -- thanks!

Dym

• 3. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included

I offered you solutions and you refused them and now you are saying I should come up with something constructive? Denial much? I gave you a list of counters and you won't use them how am I suppose to help someone who is in denial about their own skill level? I do play Search thanks for asking though I get killed by Amplify users way more then Riot Shields so learn to adapt to all situations it's simple. Find their weaknesses and exploit them here's one thing you can do fight fire with fire I did it and it worked they got mad and rage quit because I used 2 C4s and 2 rockets instead of one and just threw two C4s while they were too busy scrambling to get their secondaries out. Don't hit the shield hit the person you will do more damage that way. If you still don't find this constructive then there is no helping you and expect a lot of flame from users who don't like complainers. I apologize for mistaken identity I thought you were an Amplify user who was mad about their tactic not always working. Anyways hope you can find a solution cause nerfs are too extreme people still shoot through the shields so they very underpowered if anything.

• 4. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included

Fight fire with fire isn't a solution. That's simply trying to solve a problem by joining in on it. That's like me telling you, instead of complaining about amplify, why don't you just use it? Would you accept this argument? Ok then.

• 5. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included
                  VECTORdude

Make a completely dedicated riot shield buster class. Have things like noob tubes, launchers, and stuns and use danger close to ensure the kills. Problem solved.

• 6. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included

I just disagree with the "problem solved" theory. It's best to see why this doesn't work in actual practice by trying it out yourself. Making a anti-riot class basically makes you a complete dud to any non-riot opponent. Severely handicapping yourself because 3 opponents are using riot shield just doesn't solve the problem as easily as your post would have us think.

I just disagree.

• 7. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included
                      Shadowelite555

I sense a forum argument about to happen between pro and con Riot Shield/C4 users. The only idea I have to oppose the latter is to change the time in which the C4 is thrown. So when people are carrying Riot Shields, changing the swap rates between the equipment so that there is a moment of vulnerability. That's the easiest solution. It wont completely nerf Riot Shields, but it gives a chance to fight the C4 combo.

• 8. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included
                        half-megatron

LMAO please turn your game in!!!!

• 9. Re: Riot Shields Are Ruining Search - Solutions Included
                          half-megatron

Another I can't adapt post...yawn.

1 2 3 Previous Next