26 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 11:53 AM by Bielsalmighty RSS

No HCTDM in current clan war??

Bardygrub

I cant seem to find a HCTDM node in the current clan war??? any one else?

• Re: No HCTDM in current clan war??
          OUHATEME

This time they only gave us 2 hard core modes and 8 core modes.

Bardygrub

what would be the thinking behind that i wonder???

ukscorpz

I thought this was odd also, why are the devs hating on HC players?

Isn't it frustrating enough to fork out our good money for a hack infested game?

Now we got clan wars trying to force us to play all the infantile game modes that some juvenile devs dreamt up?

But we only got ourselves to blame. If we do not like the game modes of a particular clan war we should boycott them.

Play only the game modes your clan enjoys.

Don't get sucked into "trying" the other modes just for the sake of the clan war.

Let them read the stats at the end of the clan war and see the flop they created.

7chp

@Magpie_42 Anyone forcing you to play anything you don't want to play? You paid much for Clan Wars? My game has improved immensely after paying "all the infantile game modes that some juvenile devs dreamt up". Juvenile enough to make a game obviously forced down on you. You know the stats? Get some perspective before you rant, plz.

As for the thread starter: HC is way less popular in general than core, don't have any numbers but there were massive complaints last time with all the HC game types. Anyways, if you play predominately HC this Clan Wars, you get more points! The two HC game types are worth 25CP each, with the core types worth way less (minus S&D at 20CP).

We capped HCDOM last night, often had to wait a very long time to find a game at all. Two to three HC game modes each Clan Wars sounds about right. (I enjoyed playing HCDOM way more than the other HC types last CW).

@7chp

You are forced if you want to win the clan war.

Clan Wars may be free but the game wasn't.

Free is a poor excuse for inferiority of a product.

...and ranting is is what this medium is all about!

Happy Shooting!

Bardygrub

your direction towards the "thread starter" makes no sence when HCTDM nodes were in the 1st 3 clan wars, hence why i started the thread.

7chp

@Bardygrub Sorry I thought you were missing more HC in general, not just that one type. Should have directed that at the others in here.

Can I just ask you HC guys, why do you prefer HC? This war, the HCDOM was very fun, but the HCKC was just riddled with campers in every corner, many never even taking the tags... And I remember from last few wars the camping in the HC modes was very heavy, is this normal or have I just been very unlucky?

Bardygrub

ive only ever played HC and yes mostly HCTDM, so cant really say if there is more camping in hc or not. I mainly snipe, but compared to previous cods there seems to be a lot more sniping in ghosts but the game is more suited to snipe IMO.

OUHATEME

I Prefer hc because it better suits my playstyle. I prefer that usually the first to start shooting wins as to who can maintain target . It promotes better team communication IMO . You can tell when your going against a team that communicates. As far as campers go I've actually encountered more in core.. Granted they are in every game mode but in hc just because you got killed doesn't mean it was by a camper there is no kill cam .. I run and gun , I camp , and I camp kill move, I defend , I go after the objective I use whatever playstyle works for me for that game mode so if there is a true camper I know where he is at easy kill.  Cant compare the numbers from core to hc because hc has 1/4 of the playlist . That is a pointless argument . I don't think one is better than the other it's just a preference .

Excellent post, you pretty much mirrored my thoughts.  I have not played too much core on this game but on every other COD game I can safely say that core modes always had more camping going on .   Yet, all I ever hear about is how HC is riddled with campers.  For this game, there is more corner camping going on due to the size and detail of the maps but it is something that a good player can deal with after they learn the maps; people tend to camp in the same locations. 

I prefer the gunplay in HC as well.  Too many times in core I feel like I am killed because I have an inferior set up to the person that killed me.  I hate feeling like I am being killed in two shots and yet it is taking me 4 to kill someone.   This could be a product of my imagination, but I know in HC that if I was killed it was because I missed and or the guy was quicker than me, there is no guessing.  (and if the enemy saw me first, then I fkd up) Furthermore, I I like how you have the ability to get long shot kills in HC where as in core there is usually enough time for the enemy to run for cover before you can finish the job. 

I also prefer the screen in HC, it is less cluttered. 

Finally, I'll say that the core in this game has improved a bit because it does seem to take less shots to kill someone these days, just my opinion. 

Bielsalmighty

All the HC modes?! There were 4, to Cores 6. Core clans still had an advantage. Yes the two HC nodes are worth more than the rest in this war, that doesn't mean there has been much interest in them at all. My clan capped both, another clan went for one of them for the first time the other day, we beat them to the 2nd cap when they opened it, then recapped it again when they took it after we got off. Other than that its been core core core core core.

So heres the thing - HC players make up 30% of the playerbase. Playercounts from title to title show this, and we've been consistently stepping out into core to take on the core clans as they wont touch HC nodes with a bargepole. Core clans have been able to compete and win without ever playing a game in an HC node. For 3 out of 4 wars, HC clans have pretty much had to step out of HC and spend the majority of their time in the war playing Core to have a shot at winning, nice to see the Core clans dont want to have to do likewise. 6 core nodes to 4 HC nodes still favours core clans, as HC clans will have to take a core node or two if they want to stay in contention for 1st. 8 core to 2 HC is ridiculous whatever way you look at it.

One last thing about Hardcore.  I've been playing video games longer then most of the kids who play COD and my pride alone gravitated me towards hardcore.  Maybe I am crazy, but the name hardcore fit me better.  In my mind, it is kind of like showing up at a park to play baseball.  On one field there is a softball game, another a baseball, and finally a tee ball game...which one am I choosing?  Softball is for girls, tee ball is for kids, I am playing baseball.  If you are correct, sadly 70% of the community falls into the softball/tee ball category.  Again, I am over it, tee and neon yellow ball people can have there broken ass clan wars I'll be fine.

Bielsalmighty

I just play it because I prefer the way it plays. Core players moan about going into gametypes they dont much care for, and god forbid they should have to cap an HC node or two when they have a significant advantage in gametype numbers to begin with.

I can handle myself in Core or HC just fine. I dont mind having to play Core, I'll do it for the win. But it just bites a little bit when I'm putting myself out to grind out wins, and find people whinging that their preferred mode 'only' *rolls eyes* constitutes 60% of the scoreboards nodes.

And before I get called a bad kid who cant hack it in Core, if that was true I wouldn't have pulled off a 24-0 in cranked earlier, or run a train to finish 7-0 with 10 caps in Blitz last night. I can turn my hand to either, but I'd rather see certain core clans having to do the same for once. Instead of calling us girly BKs and refusing to come and put their money where there mouths are. Not all core clans are like that mind you, but plenty are, and this is just pandering to them.

phxs72

I found that odd as well but on the upside the two HC nodes that we do have are worth 25 points each which is more than double the point value of any of the other core nodes.

IIt does force you to be a more well rounded player. We lost our 1st war because our clans preferred game mode is HCTDM, but this game is about more than any one mode. now that we all have some practice any game

style is easy. I'm glad they mix it up, I'm tired

of people saying how good they are, at this game or that game. mofo, ghosts has many aspects and unless you're good at all of them you're not good at all.

And another thing, why do people try to use camper as an insult? It's just a different tactic, totally inside of the rule of the game. If you don't like it play cranked or any button smasher game. Learn how to play against and win against any play style in any game type and shut the F up about how other people play the game if they're not hacking. If you really want to be a whiner then go find some people who are actually HACKING to complain about.

7chp

I recognize the difference between being a camper (who IS a bad thing) and one that can control an area (which you cannot do without being a fairly above average player).

With campers I mean the campers I've encountered who sit in a corner or lie in a bush or some rubble or some random spot any normal player just swishes past 'cause that's not where the fight happens. They just sit there. Doing nothing but sitting there. When I return and they are still there, that is camping. And you're a ******* camper if you do this, and you should take it as an insult. If you do this in KC and go 12 and 4 with no tags picked up, you deserves every piece of feces and explosives thrown at you.

I have amplify on many classes, I hear you coming, I wait 'till you show your lead boots, and you are dead. Then I move on (picking up the tag if applicable).

Hardcore has always been neglected. The fact that they actually added more game modes to hardcore is still shocking but with the more game modes we get less hc nodes. Sure the nodes are worth more but no one wants to take them so you cap them once then you sit there. Meanwhile everyone takes the core nodes multiple times and surpasses the clan that plays hc. "there were many complaints about hc nodes" so the logical thing is to put more core than hc? The core players don't like playing hc so it's unfair and they must be catered to meanwhile hc players who don't like core must play core. The logic is massively flawed and stupid as can be. What's the point in playing the clan wars anyways? The only clans winning are the ones boosting wins by having clan members using non clan member accounts to back out allowing them to capture every node in about 30 minutes or less depending on the number of members boosting.

You are 100% correct.  We took hardcore domination on day one and left it alone; nobody has even attempted to knock us off. I am a competitive person but I'm over it. 

Bielsalmighty

My clan, an HC clan, has won 2 out of the past 3 wars, and we're chasing 1st place in this war HARD. No boosting going on, though 1st place has gone from 10 members to 20. British grit and elbow grease in full effect, plus the fact that I'm a Londoner and I will not lose in my backyard without a damn good fight!

If you suspect a clan of boosting wins, contact Beachhead on twitter. They do actually take action if they find people doing this.