1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 174 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 8:03 AM by darkbagpuss Go to original post RSS
      • 110. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
        starbuckfrack

        Pwnsweet wrote:

         

        Not entirely true. The exception being the Wii U which did not have dedicated servers on launch.

        You mean for those 13 people that actually bought one ?

        • 111. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
          Pwnsweet

          Perhaps, but that doesn't make maccabi's post any more accurate.

          • 112. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

            maccabi wrote:

             

            DJ_Immortal wrote:

             

            maccabi wrote.

             

            please dont bother to resort to the "you dont understand" defense its slightly hypocritical

             

            Sorry, cant resist a good Friends quote:

            "Hi Kettle, this is Pot... You're black"

            that would be a really good come back... apart from I do know what im talking about and you've already demonstrated and proven you dont.  nice try though

             

            Yes, the bit where I said I don't work in programming or networking demonstrated that!

             

            However i do work as a technical manager, internal verifier & incident investigator in the energy market. Meaning I ask the nasty questions that engineers like to avoid, such as: Prove what you are saying is accurate! Verify your data!

             

            My point was not that you don't know what you're talking about, rather that you regularly reply to these threads saying "You're Wrong" or "you don't know what *insert topic here* means". Explain why, justify your response. I realise it's a pain, if you've explained something previously, link to it.

            • 113. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
              maccabi

              DJ_Immortal wrote:

               

               

              My point was not that you don't know what you're talking about, rather that you regularly reply to these threads saying "You're Wrong" or "you don't know what *insert topic here* means". Explain why, justify your response. I realise it's a pain, if you've explained something previously, link to it.

              You know this retort of "maccabi only ever says you're wrong and never explains" actually really irks me

               

              this forum is awash with posts explaining nearly every game mechanic you can think of in reply to other posters , theres numerous networking guides i have written on each of the previous game forums and on other cod related websites.

               

              the reason i dont basically repeat myself a bazallion times now is

              a) i CBA

              b) theres a perfectly good search function on here

              c) why spend ages writting something out only to have it thrown back in my face or dismissed by those who refuse categorically to admit they tinfoil theory is wrong'i used to do that and realized it was a complete waste of my time.

              • 114. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
                maccabi

                Pwnsweet wrote:

                 

                Perhaps, but that doesn't make maccabi's post any more accurate.

                nope you're 100% correct i admit i completely forgot about the wiiu my apologies there

                • 115. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?

                  maccabi wrote:

                   

                  the reason i dont basically repeat myself a bazallion times now is

                  a) i CBA.


                  Lol fair enough


                  maccabi wrote:

                  b) theres a perfectly good search function on here

                   

                  True, but everytime I use it I get posts about previous titles (which always makes me question if it's relevant!)


                  maccabi wrote:


                  c) why spend ages writting something out only to have it thrown back in my face or dismissed by those who refuse categorically to admit they tinfoil theory is wrong'i used to do that and realized it was a complete waste of my time.


                  Welcome to my world! (Granted different industry, but still...)

                   

                  On a on a more lighthearted note: at least I didn't point out the irony of your last reply!

                  maccabi wrote:

                   

                  DJ_Immortal wrote:

                   

                  maccabi wrote.

                   

                  please dont bother to resort to the "you dont understand" defense its slightly hypocritical

                   

                  Sorry, cant resist a good Friends quote:

                  "Hi Kettle, this is Pot... You're black"

                  that would be a really good come back... apart from I do know what im talking about and you've already demonstrated and proven you dont.  nice try though

                   

                  I must admit this made me smile  (if this was intentional I take my hat off to you!)

                  • 116. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
                    domgalmem

                    @ DJ_Immortal

                    Dude,... Great Job. Been busy all day and didn't have the time to serve some necessary retorts.

                     

                     

                    @ maccabi -Like I said... Facts are Facts... and all you guys seem to do is try to silence people who come on here to voice their concerns, stating that you want to quelch any misinformation in this forum. However, you fail to provide any evidence to support/substantiate your claims... and keep stating that you have done so before. Moreover, no one, other than you guys ever know what they are talking about... EVER.

                    Well new flash... many people that you chastise may actually know what they are talking about.

                    For the record I may not be a programmer of video games, but I do work with tech research at a well known company.

                    So maybe, just maybe... I actually do know what I am talking about. Moreover, I generally don't make statements without doing my research...which is kinda actually my job.

                    I applaud your fervor in support of discontinuing the notion that "lag comp" is the cause of our problems. I know that all online FPS need lag comp essentially for the best experience. However, what you neglect is that lag comp can and does affect players with different pings (as someone who codes you cannot dispute that... it has been known for almost two decades or more)- if you don't look it up sometime. That said if the if this were not an issue with the lag comp system in cod and as an extension a problem with my "internet connection" then shouldn't I experience the same "lag issue" in BF2/3/4 and kill zone, after all I am playing them on the same system? Wouldn't it be logical to then conclude that there is something unique to COD (lately). Moreover, why is it that I can QOS my router, tether my phone (shh don't tell) or download files while playing, and this resolves my issue with COD but creates havok with my other games?...Now am I imagining this... or perhaps, just perhaps, I'm on to something here.

                    I bet you will also say that the wanted bullet phenomenon that we have all experienced in FPS (especially in COD games) is not due to lag com.... When this has specifically been noted as being one of the unintended consequences of lag comp for years- Are you disputing that?

                    Yes, People should know the difference between lag and lag comp... but lag comp does have undue effects and poor implimentation of lag comp only serves to exacerbate said issues.

                    Before you come back at me with ..."I don't know what I am talking about" or "Lag Comp does this... and not that" or something to that effect,... I am going to sayI agree to disagree with you and yes I am subborn as a mule and refuse to take anything you say at face value without some solid evidence. Emperical evidence suggests to me that I am on the correct path...hey but what do I know ... right?!

                     

                    "take a cookie,... and you'll feel right as rain!"

                    • 117. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
                      domgalmem


                      please show me where it says that Ghosts runs on dedicated servers... they said a hybrid system of dedis and listening servers.

                      you are correct about this ... they are currently in use.

                      • 118. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
                        PRaNK5STa7

                        TTotally agree with your on your lag comp vs lag Part. But not sure how that is applicable to ghosts. Mw3 and bo2 really struggled in this area, but ghosts is the best I have seen since cod4 which had arguable the least amount of compensation for slower connections.

                         

                        also not sure if it is the Dedis but has anyone else noticed host migrations are a thing of the past?

                        • 119. Re: How bad is your lag compensation?
                          nuttin2say

                          There's no one trying to silence your concerns.

                           

                          There's loads of "evidence." The problem with people new to the forums is they assume their issues are "new." Because of that, they "demand" answers. Well, here's a news flash - none of the people you are making demands of gets paid by anyone at ATVI to get on these forums and discuss the issues with you. There's two huge threads that answer just about any question you have. Maccabi created one of them and Foxhound the other. If you want to take a short cut and not spend a lot of time reading through them, then maybe you want to think to yourself, "Hey, these guys have been on the forums a long time. Maybe they've already been through this stuff and maybe I might want to try some of their suggestions" before getting all bent out of shape over "your" issue.

                           

                          As far as being an "expert," your qualifications fail to pass muster. Hey, even I've had the job title, "Administrator." And I don't have the first minute of training for such a job.

                           

                          As far as telling starbuck to "show" YOU where it says Ghosts runs on dedicated servers, why don't you just do a Google search. It's all over the internet the ACTUAL story on how dedis are implemented in Ghosts. That said, you're obviously reading only what you want to read because in damm near every thread starbuck posts someone has to argue with him over the very thing you said. - starbuck has been telling people left and right it is a hybrid system!

                           

                          You guys are wanting to make these lag discussions way more complicated than necessary. That there are people willing to explain to you how online gaming works proves nothing except they want everyone to have the best game possible.

                          1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next