1 2 3 4 Previous Next 88 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 12:49 PM by rondre3000 Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: why not capture (domination)
        Demonhunt115

Because there's no reward.

1) People care about their K/D too much.

2) This game doesn't reward team play, the only one who is rewarded is the person who gets on the objective first.

3) XP means nothing anymore. You unlock everything by level 10.

...If XP meant something, K/D Ratio was replaced by Score/ XP per Minute and Scorestreaks were in the game then it would be a very different story.

• 11. Re: why not capture (domination)
          CoDPS4

Good for you. I also couldn't care less about XP xD.

• 12. Re: why not capture (domination)
            CoDPS4

The fundamental aspect of CoD is KDR. Take away the emphasis of KDR, CoD loses its soul. As CoD is growing older, IW/ Treyarch are trying to take away the importance of it which has contributed to its not-fun-anymore factor.

• 13. Re: why not capture (domination)
              Demonhunt115

In Deathmatch modes, Yes - the fundamental fun is K/D. In Objective it isn't, the fun of an objective mode is complete carnage on the objective point. Look at War from World at War - I didn't give a crap about K/D on that mode but had a complete blast playing it. The fun isn't K/D, the fun is ridiculous carnage, fast paced, action. In my opinion, I think we should scrap Killstreaks/ Pointstreaks/ Scorestreaks all together and bring in a Battle Point system similar to Homefront - maybe with a few tweaks it would be perfect for Objective modes. That's my opinion, but many people would disagree with me on that one.

• 14. Re: why not capture (domination)
                CoDPS4

Exactly, people who possess ridiculous opinions like your own has led to the demise of the greatest franchise ever

• 15. Re: why not capture (domination)
                  Demonhunt115

...Or are trying to keep things fresh? Dude, this franchise has enough criticism thrown at it for not changing. It's your opinion of ''Keep it the same'' that will kill this franchise, playing essentially CoD 4 for the last 7 years is getting really old now. They need to experiment and make changes that may or may not work - but (as Ghosts has shown) people are tired of Call of Duty, and this franchise will not survive Titanfall, Destiny or BF4 for much longer if they won't make changes.

• 16. Re: why not capture (domination)
                    NoLifeKing32

Demonhunt115 wrote:

Because there's no reward.

1) People care about there K/D too much.

2) This game doesn't reward team play, the only one who is rewarded is the person who gets on the objective first.

3) XP means nothing anymore. You unlock everything by level 10.

...If XP meant something, K/D Ratio was replaced by Score/ XP per Minute and Scorestreaks were in the game then it would be a very different story.

This is pretty much the correct answer, except you have everything unlocked by level 1 when you prestige. IW has blundered objective modes two games in a row now, they cater to slayers and no one else. Also, bf4 is just as dead as cod, it's not going to survive titanfall either.

• 17. Re: why not capture (domination)
                      Organ-Donor

KDR means nothing if your WLR and hours taken to Prestige are poor.

You need all three to look good to anyone except children.

• 18. Re: why not capture (domination)
                        gotsomestars

Heres the point you selfish little bell end. You played the same as everyone else right? So what gives you the right to ruin it for everyone else? You want to play how you want? That's fine, as long as it doesn't infringe on others. Apperantly your parents failed to teach you anything about ethics or honor or even playing to win. Enjoy your lifetime of participation trophies

• 19. Re: why not capture (domination)
                          claisty

I couldn't disagree with you more CoDPS4.  It's players like you who are ruining the franchise.  I find it harder and harder to purchase these titles anymore due to selfish players like yourself hurting the community.  If you want to worry about your precious K/D, which means nothing by the way, then you should be playing TDM, Kill Confirmed, Cranked, etc.  My K/D is only a 1.20, but it's because I play objective games the way they were meant to be played.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next