19 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2014 10:53 AM by sennalike RSS

Is Skill Based Matchmaking Gone in this Game?

I always get matched up with prestiged players always with 1.5+ Kdr, I've even seen up to 3.0! I am a terrible COD player, my rank is 46 and my Kdr is a measly 0.76. I remembered in the old games that I would get matched up with players similar to my rank and skill. :/

Note - I only play domination, I miss ground war...

Latest reply: on Jan 4, 2014 10:53 AM by Replies: 19 in GHOSTS PLAYSTATION 3
        • Test #1
          Re: Is Skill Based Matchmaking Gone in this Game?

Man we've NEVER had skill-based matchmaking Other than the divisions in BO2

Maybe we're just unlucky in ghosts?

I usually play

Cranked

Domination

Blitz

Infected

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 11:39 PM
            • Test #1

I guess i'm just unlucky... I just keep getting frustrated that I get matchmaked with prestige tryhards with 2.5 kdr, that camp near my team's spawnpoints. In the first hours of me playing Ghost's multiplayer it felt really fun since I was getting paired up with noobs like myself, now it's just getting annoying.

Grr... hate that riot shield and C4 combination. :I

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 2:20 AM
            • Test #1

Skill based matchmaking has always been in COD. In black ops 2 it just played a bigger factor

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 2:25 AM
              • Test #1

It has never worked properly for me. Not even in black ops 2 where it was supposed to be this amazing thing.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 5:40 AM
                • Test #1

take that opportunity to get better. playing against better players will only make you better faster.. playing with your own skill set keeps you at the same level

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 5:58 AM
                  • Test #1

May I be honest with you:

You claim to be terrible, any particular reason why?

playing vs other "terrible players" does nothing for you and your COD improvement (if thats what you want). The fact that your mentioning it means you care, if you did not care about it you would play and carry on.

Playing vs better players (even 3.0KDR) is a treat, they are the best teachers. Learn from where they shot you, how they moved, what they did. Fighting them, is the only way you can improve your game.

Fighting lesser or equal stat players will keep you there.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 6:32 AM
                    • Test #1

Sometimes they try but this game, in my opinion has been taken over by hackers, worse than ever before. So there's no control in match ups. Do the best you can, under the circumstances and don't give up. The more you play and the higher your points your skill will increase. Keep fighting and have fun.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 7:09 AM
                      • Test #1

I´ve been a fairly good player in mw3 and bo2, but for some reason have not been able to get the hang of ghosts, you just die so fast :/ ... This is probably the reason i´ve played a bit more of extinction squads; just the loadout in multiplayer overwhelms me. however, im only a week into the game so, let´s see if things get better. btw, is it just me, or are the maps way too big ?? haven´t got the hang of that either. lol

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 7:17 AM
                          • Test #1

The maps seem really big at first but once you get used to them they get a lot smaller.  At a week in you are probably overwhelmed but if you keep playing by next week a lot of things will fall in place and a couple of weeks after that you'll be terrorizing the new players with your map savvy.  Just like any other COD, you have to learn the lines of sight and traffic flows.  It takes time to get it all down.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 7:39 AM
                          • Test #1

If you only play domination why worry about KDR? I only play domination, my KDR is okay, but my WLR is pretty poor. But I only play solo, get a lot of poor team mates, and thrown into guaranteed losses. But playing solo is my choice and I accept the outcome for what it is. Playing CoD shouldn't be about the stats. It's about enjoying the game. I can still have fun, even when I lose. I'd even go as far to say that when I get matched with good players they can often turn into boring matches for me. They run around getting all the kills, and we end up with a win but I don't get the same feeling of enjoyment because I end up not doing much. Instead of judging others on KDR try judging on thelevel of enjoyment you getfrom the game. If it's still low then either change you play style or try another game, CoD isn't for everyone.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 7:41 AM
                            • Test #1

Thank you for all your advice! This thread makes me believe there is a really kind and friendly community behind all of Call of Duty's squeakers and idiots.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 8:02 AM
                              • Test #1

The problem you may be seeing is that you're playing a TEAM objective game SOLO. You're apt to run into more parties in Domination lobbies by sheer nature of the the gametype.

I started out playing Domination pretty much exclusively in MW2, but those days are over now. A lot of randoms join this playlist to farm kills, ignoring the objective. For me, in this gametype, it is ALWAYS about the win but unless I've got at least 2 more people in my party, I don't even bother playing it anymore. I just can't stand going 39-12 with 8 flag caps and losing while Timmy NoThumbs on my team goes 8-25 with 1 flag cap.

If It's just me playing solo, and 90% of the time it is, I'm play TDM/Kill Confirmed/Cranked and just run, see, shoot without a care in the world.

BTW - As someone that is currently holding a 3.55 KDR in Ghosts (almost done w/ 4th Prestige) let me tell you...the only person who cares about your KDR is YOU. My friends and clan mates don't treat me any different. If anything, they give me more of a good natured hard time about it. Hahaha.

Cheers!

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 11:00 AM
                                • Test #1

Yes it is gone

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 6:03 PM
                                  • Test #1

Getting the best connection should be the priority. I hope it's gone. If you get in a lobby with full teams or mlg players just leave and reque.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 11:49 PM
                                    • Test #1

Izjar is right, you can't just play against people of your skill range or you won't get better. At the same time though you can still learn a lot even in games that aren't all that productive. For instance you can learn how a weapon works and what you do well when using it. Adapt and set mini challenges in a match. I personally like to try and limit my deaths to a low as possible and not focus on kills. I don't do this because I want to preserve my K/D, I do this because it's amazing to realize at the end of the game that I got 20 kills when I wasn't even putting the effort out to get kills.

There's all sort of ways that you can teach yourself even in matches that seem hopeless. If you can't find those little lessons inside the game then I question why you even play or try to get better?

Last Edited: Jan 4, 2014 10:24 AM