29 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2014 11:31 AM by cranium2001 RSS

Lagging a lot recently

SlyFire01

I've been rubber banding, hits not registering, etc. lately (past 2 days). I'm pretty sure it's not my internet, anyone else had these problems recently?

• Re: Lagging a lot recently

Yes,  the server status is Defcon 4, if you also noticed when you are editing a class the player model lags when loading ,it is either MS problems with azure servers or COD data servers are having issues. Another thing I noticed is since I got the xbox one almost every match was on dedicated servers, it seems to have been reversed now and the xbox is backing to choosing a host 8 out of 10 matches, why the change all of a sudden I have no idea. Am I surprised? Not at all.

MLGTWISTED

I have noticed a ton of lag since christmas.

Ever since the last update I can't hit anybody13.   I am an elite player and know my way around networking....

So I go out by a new modem Surfboard 6141

Gaming router                        DGL 5500  All ports open upnp enabled and xbox one put in the DMZ I have tried everything

All brand new cat 6 cables   EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW

I have a 60meg down and 12 to 16 up through Comcast

They even came out and changed all my lines and put all new fittings on for me so everything is new and their is no problems on their end and my PC is getting solid speeds with fairly low latency 15 to 22ms  but when I do a diagnostic test on my xbox one it ranges RAPIDLY CHANGING from download speeds to low as 9 all the way up to 60 and uploads from 9 to 12  but my latency is 74ms.... the only thing I can figure is they are using the servers in Washington State.

Either way it goes it makes the experience VERY UNENJOYABLE.  One second I'm inside a house and the very next I magically teleport half way across the map or I go in a door and im back outside I go in the door again only to be taken back outside and over and over.  Everybody is now shooting me before I see them or I shoot them reload shoot them again and with one shot im dead.

Its not just me my whole clan suffers from this also and it makes playing the game null.

So you have to trust me when I say I have tried every configuration and trouble shooting here in my home from the line outside in and every configuration possible with my router.... all at the latest firmware but I will not be playing until they fix this because I can truly say that ive tried everything and if anyone on these forums could throw me a bit of resolve or even state there is a problem and we are working on it that would be great.

Thank you for your time

SC ROTIC

GAME OVER

You left out a few things like:

- ADS'ing and the gun pulls to the right or left, up or down without any input from the controller ( off target )

- I.E.D's waiting until players have ran past for it to blow up.

- Helicopters Shooting away from players instead of at them

- Emptying a LMG in to a guy of 65 rounds and he fires one shot and kills you.

- Spawning in front of enemies and on I.E.Ds, IMS's, if lag is on your side it does not kill you

These all are game breakers, due to lag or whatever reason, I do not care about the dog, over powered guns, what I do care about is what I do when I do it, it happens.

I anticipate Titan Fall get's it right, few more months to go. Cheers!

SlyFire01

Not sure if you're being serious or sarcastic...

WiimotesRus02

SC_ROTIC wrote:

Ever since the last update I can't hit anybody13.   I am an elite player and know my way around networking....

So I go out by a new modem Surfboard 6141

Gaming router                        DGL 5500  All ports open upnp enabled and xbox one put in the DMZ I have tried everything

All brand new cat 6 cables   EVERYTHING IS BRAND NEW

I have a 60meg down and 12 to 16 up through Comcast

They even came out and changed all my lines and put all new fittings on for me so everything is new and their is no problems on their end and my PC is getting solid speeds with fairly low latency 15 to 22ms  but when I do a diagnostic test on my xbox one it ranges RAPIDLY CHANGING from download speeds to low as 9 all the way up to 60 and uploads from 9 to 12  but my latency is 74ms.... the only thing I can figure is they are using the servers in Washington State.

Either way it goes it makes the experience VERY UNENJOYABLE.  One second I'm inside a house and the very next I magically teleport half way across the map or I go in a door and im back outside I go in the door again only to be taken back outside and over and over.  Everybody is now shooting me before I see them or I shoot them reload shoot them again and with one shot im dead.

Its not just me my whole clan suffers from this also and it makes playing the game null.

So you have to trust me when I say I have tried every configuration and trouble shooting here in my home from the line outside in and every configuration possible with my router.... all at the latest firmware but I will not be playing until they fix this because I can truly say that ive tried everything and if anyone on these forums could throw me a bit of resolve or even state there is a problem and we are working on it that would be great.

Thank you for your time

SC ROTIC

GAME OVER

Hi, I'm a WiiU player, I've been having issues recently after upgrading my internet and thought I would look through the forums and see if this is a cross platform thingy. My best speeds are 30 down, 3 up and 11 ping, which is a huge improvement on my previous 3.5 down, 0.67 up and 50ms. But now I keep getting hideous rubber banding and disconnection every few games. I used to suffer from bad lag, but never had the disconnections. Beats me!!

The low population is causing most of the lag for all players.

spike

Are you in the UK?

We are, and my clan mates and I have noticed that just before 11pm GMT there's a sudden change in server and game quality.
                        This has happened for the past few nights.

We've been discussing it between ourselves and fear the host servers may be moved at this time. Several reasons for this assumption.

1)We routinely lose connection around 10 to / 5 to 11pm, causing dashboard re-load for us all.

2)Games go from playable to unplayable for all games after that time.

3)Some enemy gamers take a bullet but most don't ~ are those that take lead local? and those that don't remote?

If the servers are being moved around 11pm from EU to US (be it maintenance/ temp or permanent!) it would kind of explain the symptoms you describe and we experience.

This is pure discussion & based on our experience, but it may help us come to understand what's happening.

NOTE: DEFCON 4 after 11pm would still be accurate, but the quality of the games is simply unplayable. Feint wafts of BO2 in the air and that knot in the stomach that tells us we still can't get a reliable game after all these years! :/ deeply frustrating.

Good luck guys, hope things get sorted, and SOON!

EnenDavey

I have noticed that after 11pm it certainly becomes more laggy, I also notice that after midnight I seem to be playing with more euopean players, the increase of german, french and spanish plays goes up a whole lot.

Now it could be down to serves changing, but could it also be down to a lack of UK players to fill games up and therefor game outside the normal servers have to be used?

vims1990

Has it been anything similar to this?

Bear in mind it was a while ago but just curious if this is the same experience you had.

bendotcom

I've been having problems for the last 2 weeks. The game has become unplayable for me now, I join a game and no matter what I cannot kill anyone, I fire 3 sniper shots right in someone's chest and none of the shots register. I just followed a guy right across the map firing a PDW into his back and after 2 clips he died.

Like others say, the game was playing pretty flawlessly for me until a couple of weeks ago and I'm in the UK aswell. I'm really getting to the point where I'm done with cod, they appear to have no willingness to make a game that works consistently on a fundamental level, I even have operations that I should have completed 10's of times but the game wont award me them. It's really getting to be a joke.

Indeed, the game did play flawlessly, I got the Xbox one december 10th and I did not start having a challenge with it until december 26th. With 15K players on line there was no lag, no hit detection issues, no rubber banding, nothing until December 26th. Now the average player base during peak times is 60K + and we have lots of lag, rubber banding, hit detection issues and so on.

- Either a problem with Azure Servers

- Problem with COD Data Servers Lagging the game

Problems increase now with lower numbers as mentioned ( low peak times ), don't you find that odd since it played flawlessly with only 15K online, now it has challenges with that amount and during peak times? I do, something is going on and with the history of this company and game all we will hear is silence and our imagination to what the problem is and equal is tlly sit for another year with no fix, dedicated servers or not.

It is too bad, COD used to be the premier game which set the standard for FPS where the only complaints were the smack talk and spawn killing and those hacking the game for an advantage.

R.I.P Call of Duty.

SlyFire01

Yeah especially the rubber banding, but it seems to be better recently but I haven't been on as much now as I was before when I noticed all of the lag

I get that in OFFLINE squads, not even connected to the net. If I delete the latest patch, it's fine again.

Until Infinity Ward accepts that their game is going down hill and tries to get Call of Duty's population back all consoles will suffer from lag caused by distance and ping. I mean look at Dice they have a crashing and freezing problem and now they have discontinued all DLC until these major issues are fixed. No I am not a fan boy of Dice just going by what I am seeing. I am gamer of all trades meaning I play anything worth playing. What they need to do is find a way to tone down the lag a bit and fix the spawns and security then worry about everything else.

Very wise indeed. We may not enjoy that dice servers are down, that the multiplayer has issues connecting to servers and the lag is out of this universe if we do get connected, however I respect them for admitting there is a problem and the willingness to find a solution. Good on them, take notes Activision.

Tactics74

Dude, I wouldn't be surprised if Activision only rented the dedicated servers for 1 month.. P2P time boys!

It is playing like p2p indeed, seems this may be the case, 1 month rental in order to get people to buy the game after that stop paying. Interesting isn't it?  Let's see how this works for them in future game releases.

Edit: *Something I just realized, maybe this is why they have it Dedicated and Listen Servers so they could remove the dedicated servers and default to the listen servers after the sales were made. I gotta tell ya, that is brilliant! They called it "So you always have the best experience", but what they meant was "So we can ensure we still make sales and when we do not want to pay anymore we have that option"

The guy who came up with this idea is absolutely brilliant.  Seems this is why the lag and all the issues appear out of no where all of a sudden.

Hello MS: Yes, we will take 40,000 servers

1 Month Later: Yes MS, let's drop those down to 5,000 servers and the 35,000 connections can be on listen servers.

='s our current experience on xbox one compared to the first 30 days of owning the xbox one.  Tsk Tsk Activision.

Even Halo doesn't have this many lag issues and they are strictly P2P with a fragmented community and a low population.

Pshankstar

Last night was the worst for me.  I was kicked off some games and had to reconnect to a new game.  The rubber banding was consistent on almost every game.  Once it kicked me out of the game and sent me to the Xbox One home screen, then when I tried to get back into COD Ghosts it had to boot back up again.  It was like the game crashed without any errors.

These problems did not exist prior to last night so I wonder too what is causing the problems?  I hope tonight is not a repeat! 

IDK where you guys reside, but I rubber band about once very 5 days or so, if not more. I do not lag, I run the fastest speed on Comcast with their gaming router and I run 3 Xbox One's, 4 Desktops, 1 Laptop, a PS4 and 5 Phones all on Wi-Fi and anyone in my game including myself does not lag regardless if they are on my team or not. Mind you, everything is also connected wireless in the house so I have no idea why you would lag...

emperor413

Game has been fine till today, seen so much rubber banding today. WTF happened? Its played perfectly since xb1 launch and suddenly today every other to every 3rd game is screwing up. Not my connection, in central USA, get it together IW, havent seen it like that since MW3 launch 

Demultanocte

Same here. I was playing almost perfectly until last days. Something happened. Now the game is very laggy for me. My internet connection didn't change. What's happening?

same on ps4 since last clan war game is just unplayible

FlavaSprinkles

Greetings SlyFire01,

Thank you for posting your concerns! Please let me know which platform are you playing on. Are you on a wired or a wireless connection? Do you posses a digital copy or a physical copy of the game? Also, make sure to visit the following link for advice on lag: Activision Support.

Sincerely,

^CA

ATVI Support