20 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2014 1:27 PM by OGHuxtable RSS

ghost freezig my console

Hello guys, me and a couple of other people from the internet have a big problem with game. It just freezes our console. What I have tried so far:

- exchanging disc at the game shop

- rebuilding database

- messing up with display options on my ps3

- deleting game and installing it again

- cleaning my blu-ray lenses

- borrowing disc from my friend

just to mention, ALL OTHER GAMES are running without any problem. I have made a research on the internet. Its not just me or 2 other people, It happened to a massive group of people. I have paid for it with my hard worked money and in the end i received a product which is freezing my console ? (again thats the only game that is freezing my ps3).

Latest reply: on Jan 11, 2014 1:27 PM by Replies: 20 in GHOSTS SUPPORT
        • Test #1
          Re: ghost freezig my console

part 2. (dunno why i have send the first in the middle )

Guys i just need to know is there any fix comming soon ? Do i need to go to the shop and fight with them about my money back and go for i dont know, battlefield 4 ? It seems you are just putting the same answer (copy + paste) to every single same problem.

I am coming back from work, all I want is to play 2-3 matches online, and guess what ? FREEZ after 2 minutes of the first one, every single time.

What should I do ?

Last Edited: Jan 4, 2014 2:43 AM
          • Test #1

I hadn´t realized this is a common thing, I also expierenced the freezing as you comment and it is only with this game now that you mention it. I thought it was just my ps3, maybe it was too old LOL; and i only play like 1 or 2 hours at night  .. hence, it would be great to know if this problem has a solution.

Last Edited: Jan 4, 2014 6:25 AM
            • Test #1

This happens to me with Black Ops 2   so sad because i think that bo2 is the best call of duty

Ghosts occasionally freezes my ps3, hasn't happened in over a month though.

I recommend you buy ghosts from the playstation store, not the disc.

Last Edited: Jan 4, 2014 7:57 AM
              • Test #1

any reply from the game developers ? please guys i really enjoy cod games

Last Edited: Jan 5, 2014 3:44 AM
                • Test #1

Many think this is due to a faulty disk, or dirty blue ray lense. I have the digital version from the store and mine freezes every so often. It's happened around five times since launch,the last time was yesterday. Everytime it has happened has been when there is a lot going on in game, i.e. a lot of streaks running. My only theory is my ps3 can't handle the memory needed. Unless it starts happening more frequently, I will just live with it.

Last Edited: Jan 5, 2014 6:20 AM
                    • Test #1

digi version says its not the ps3 blu ray!

Last Edited: Jan 5, 2014 2:36 PM
                        • Test #1

It happened twice today, again there was lots going on. I had just called in a squad mate, juggernaught, and odin, I threw two thermobarics to clear the area, and bang it froze. Other players were calling things in at the time. My best guess is this is all taking up too much ram for the ps3 to handle. Be interesting to know if the ps4 players have had any freezes, I bet they haven't.

Last Edited: Jan 5, 2014 5:29 PM
                            • Test #1

if it is a ram problem why  other ps3 players dont have the same problem as us ? I was thinking maybe it is a network connection problem?

EDIT:

Will Activison show some interest in our problem PLEASE ?

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 2:49 AM
                                • Test #1

This wont provide any comfort but I can tell you this anyway.

PS3 freezes first started being reported here in Black Ops 1. Back then Vahn (Treyarch developer) posted on here and said they were investigating the cause. Some theories were that it was too many explosions, but Vahn said they tested that and proved it wasn't the cause. In the end they gave up. It would be nice to have the problem recognised, and looked into, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 6:14 AM
                          • Test #1

It happens to me and my clan but only on hcdom when we are winning. Its like someone hits their lag switch to long. When it happens it freezes everyone up the ps3 for everyone in the lobby. 

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 9:51 AM
                              • Test #1

Interesting, I only play HCDom, and each time we have been in the lead, nearing the end of the match.

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 10:17 AM
                                  • Test #1

Oh yeah its always at the end of the match and when it's a very close game. I also play mostly HCDOM though it has done it to me in core modes. hihoney24 I was wondering if everyone froze or if it was just me, now I know. Wish it would get fixed though. I've must have been cheated out of 100,000 + XP already

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 12:26 PM
                                  • Test #1

Interesting. This happened to me in a HC Dom game last night as well. We were about 10 points away from victory and my PS3 just froze. When I rebooted and signed back on I noticed that the friends I had been playing with were in the process of signing back on as well so it must have affected everyone in the lobby.

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 1:09 PM
                                  • Test #1

Check for a hot console.  If it's hot on the bottom then move around to get a cooler system!?

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 12:33 PM
                                    • Test #1

xxphenomen4xx

Check for a hot console.  If it's hot on the bottom then move around to get a cooler system!?

Console is not hot when it happens it effects everyone in the lobby

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 1:06 PM
                                      • Test #1

any updates on the problem ?

i have tried t restore factory settings on my console, played 5-6 atches without freeze, thought it has fixed the problem and then.... again.

Last Edited: Jan 9, 2014 2:10 AM
                                        • Test #1

Greetings pureayreo,

Thank you for posting your concerns! I have moved your thread to the support portal for better assistance. Are you on a wired or a wireless connection? Can you let me know your NAT type? Do you have a physical copy or a digital copy of your game? Also, make sure to clear your data: Remove PS3 game data utility files.

Sincerely,

^CA

ATVI Support

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 1:27 PM