3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2014 4:08 PM by SavageHam RSS

Worst Call of Duty Experience to Date

First of all, I want to make clear that I am not a person that like to complain. I have an extremely high tolerance to people and number of mistakes they make. For me to actually take my time and post on the forum, developers of Call of Duty: Ghosts, you guys really outdid yourselves this time.

I am just going to focus on the few technical issues that are driving me crazy:

1. Biggest of all: I keep losing levels and unlocks that I earned. Very often I log into the game only to find that I am level/levels lower and my unlocks are reversed. I have to re-unlock the items/persk, and re-level my character. This is a regular thing and it's really really makes me mad. Call of Duty has existed for a long time now, even the early versions didn't have this problem. It's very clear that there were no quality control and no attention to detail in creating this game from this company, at least the PS3 version.
      2. Constant disconnect from games. I monitor my internet connection consistently, it's not my internet issue.
      3. Unable to rejoin Extinction after disconnect. I have almost no chance of ever complete Extinction mode with a group of people. And by "complete" I mean last until we were all overwhelmed by the aliens. How difficult is it to program a "rejoin" function after disconnect? And paired with the existing disconnect problem. This gets really annoying.
      4. This is the ONE AND ONLY game that is working my Blu-Ray drive to death. I have never had a previous PS3 game that work the disc drive this hard. The old Modern Warfare versions never did this. I am really worried that it will kill the drive before I can even finish unlock the first prestige mode.

These are just the biggest technical issues I have. And many other gamers have also experienced the same problems. If you guys care about gamers and the future of this company at all, fix it.

• Re: Worst Call of Duty Experience to Date

To be honest I just believe you have some kind of connection issue; all you problems come from the internet side of the game, except of the disc one, which I suggest you to pass it to your hard drive (if able, I'm new to Xbox consoles) and avoid permanent use of the disc reader.

I'd check settings like ports, NAT, WiFi or router ones, etc.

Is there no option to install to hdd ? if so do that for a start. Im xbox so wouldnt know about ps3 install if there is 1.Make sure you have the correct ports forwarded as "Ozhm" suggested If you cant find the ports ill list them for you if needs be although they are all over this forum.2nd you can delete the last update you did and re-install and see if that helps.3rd Make sure IF you have forwarded ports that "uPnP" is disabled as this sort of confuses your modem.Other wise make a static ip address and put this I.P you have made into "DMZ" mode on your router/modem if you have the option.

Theres tutorials everywhere for all of this

Hey AntiSniper,

First I want to start by thanking you for posting your issues in detail. I understand it can be frustrating to experience issues in a game, so I want to help you optimize your experience and help to prevent or even avoid some of those issues. A lot of your issues see to be related to a connectivity issue. I'm not blaming your internet, but sometimes game require a bit of set up or adjustments to improve your experience.

I would recommend to play on a wired connection, as this may help to prevent data packets and files from being lost or corrupt, as this can happen at times on a wireless connection. If you are unable to, you should adjust your router settings to prioritize your console channel, as having other devices connected can take up some bandwidth as well as lower your console's priority in send/receiving. It is a good idea to power cycle your router and modem, as this can help to free the load on them and in a figurative sense, give them a break. You should also set up a static ip address to help create stability on your connection and help to prevent having to reconfigure your ports in the future. A static ip, is manually assigning your console an address so that, if or when your connection is reset or power cycled, it will remain the same and the ports won't be forwarded to the incorrect device. Lastly, to configure your ports, you should try the methods outlined here. When setting up your ports, only use one of the three recommended methods (UPnP, DMZ, and Port Forwarding), as they are all methods to set up your ports and can override each other. Also be sure if you use Port Forwarding to disable the other two methods as well. Should you choose to manually set up your ports the following number should come in handy:

PSN Ports:

80, 443, 465, 983, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480, 5223, 10070-10080 TCP

3478-3479, 3658, 10070 UDP

Call of Duty Ghosts Console Ports:

80, 81,443, 3074, 5223 TCP

36081, 3074, 3075, 3478 UDP

I know that is a lot to take in, and I explained it to the best of my ability. If you get stuck or feel uncomfortable setting up your router, you may call your ISP as they may be able to walk you through or even do it for you if your lucky. Let us know if that helps!