1 2 3 Previous Next 101 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2014 4:00 AM by CodPro3 RSS

Went back and played Black Ops 2

gbear106

I woke up this morning, and since I am on a 150 win streak on Ghosts I decided to go play some BOPS2 until my friends get online. I don't see how everyone says it's a better game then Ghosts. In my personal opinion, BOPS2 is complete garbage. I have a great connection with 50 down and 3 up and I was getting **** on even when I started shooting first. I was using the M8A1 and the MSMC which most of you know are about the best guns in that game and I couldn't do anything with them. I was just wondering how everyone else's experience was with BOPS 2 at the moment.

• 1. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
          iHattoriHanzo0

Everyone certainly doesn't say that its a better game than Ghosts. There are a lot of whiners that come on the forums and share their disgust with Ghosts because they were adjusted to BO2 and assumed heir playstyle would transition smoothly into this game. Only to have a rude awakening.

I don't blame or look down on anyone that prefers BO2 over Ghosts. I feel these two games are polar opposites in the franchise. So negative feedback and passionate disgust is completely understandable.

Ghosts is much more my pace for a fps. The speed and non stop confrontation in BO2 was tiring and frustrating for me.

• 2. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
            gbear106

I agree with you. The people who complain about Ghosts just aren't adjusted to it. They're used to the run and gun play style that was present in BOPS2 and you just simply cannot play like that in Ghosts.

• 3. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
              kerk3r

No offense, but if you start shooting first and still get killed they probably had better aim than you.

Also pubstomping isn't the same as playing solo

Imo black ops 2 is more about skills/reaction time and ghost is more about who sees the other person first.

This has much to do with the TTK or lagcomp in ghost that Iam suffering from, I get killed in what seems to be one shot while in the killcam the guy is spraying like half a mag at me.

Yes, I have adapted my playstyle but I still perform badly in ghost while I beast in black ops 2 for some reason.

• 4. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
                xXBLUDWULFXx

Before I bought the game I rented Ghosts and despite being thrashed in my first couple of games I quickly fell in love with it. When I took Ghosts back, I went back to playing BO2 and found that I was doing even better than I was before I played Ghosts.

In the end I traded in BO2 for a new controller shortly after I bought Ghosts. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed CoD in all it's incarnations since my introduction to the series with the first MW, however, I haven't had as much fun with a CoD title since MW2 as I have with Ghosts.

• 5. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
                  iHattoriHanzo0

xXBLUDWULFXx wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed CoD in all it's incarnations since my introduction to the series with the first MW, however, I haven't had as much fun with a CoD title since MW2 as I have with Ghosts.

Mee tooo.

• 6. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
                    lewdmouth

Cool stories bro's. No amount of "testimonials" are going to save this game. Ghosts is a niche game that only appeals to a very small portion of the COD community.

• 7. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
                      iamyourfather

the only thing i wish in ghosts is for capture kills in dom and everyone getting a point for capturing an objective.

• 8. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
                        iHattoriHanzo0

And I love being that small portion that can see the diamond in the rough. Don't worry, I'm sure the next title will be right down your alley, and I'll be the hater. or maybe we'll both be haters.

• 9. Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2
                          lewdmouth

I would compare it more to a mealworm in your flour than a diamond in the rough. But, to each his own.

1 2 3 Previous Next