23 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 12:42 PM by Patrlck86 RSS

EXPLOSIVE VS ARMOR PIERCING?

Hey everyone, just a quick overview: Has anyone noticed a definite damage difference between explosive and armor piercing ammo?

I mostly play with explosive since I can deal damage even if my aim isn't the best (it isn't) and can take out a whole bunch of scouts with one burst and damage enemies on groups. I don't usually play with AP since I prefer the qualities of explosive I mentioned above and I haven't noticed a difference between the damage done between the two types. (note: the AP helping against armor doesn't score up much points since i aim for the weak spots)

So my question is this; Is there a difference in the damage done by explosive and armor piercing ammos?

Latest reply: on Sep 2, 2014 12:42 PM by Replies: 23 in GHOSTS EXTINCTION
        • Test #1
          Re: EXPLOSIVE VS ARMOR PIERCING?

If I use Armor Piercing, and am shooting an enemy in the armor plated areas, it seems to take more bullets to kill, than if I just use explosive and shoot it anywhere. SO I always use explosive ammo.

Last Edited: Jan 5, 2014 11:59 AM
          • Test #1

I find explosive is the most versatile and helpful when you get towards the end.

I guess though it depends on your weapon. I'm a sucker for the simple weapons as I find them most effective. I always get the AK 47 near the second hive at the start of the game and use it for the rest of the game.

It reloads pretty quick too, which is quite helpful towards the end of the game.

All those machine guns (and the chainsaw) while having great firepower, take an eternity to reload which is a pain if your being attacked by multiple aliens.

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 2:41 AM
            • Test #1

I run explosives and ask everyone else to use it as well in order for it to stack better.

I let my sentrys deal with the rhinos.

Last Edited: Jan 7, 2014 11:34 AM
              • Test #1

i run fire for hives and have one person run ap for rhino's other than that explosive is the all around ammo used for scouts scorpions ext.

Last Edited: Jan 8, 2014 11:52 PM
                • Test #1

Even the scouts have armor plating right on their forehead.  If you can hear the clinck see the sparks and yellow armor symbol than you are hitting armor

Last Edited: Aug 29, 2014 12:24 AM
                  • Test #1

I've got horrible aim but I refuse to ever run with explosive ammo.

Last Edited: Aug 29, 2014 11:00 AM
                    • Test #1

I always use incendiary, Armor piercing is really only good for the Rhino and usually the sentries will take them out pretty quick, It is nice to have one person with armor piercing and throw out right before rhino appears or whenever there is a rhino.  Explosive seems to do less damage, although does a little damage to anything near by, it does less damage than any ammo with a direct hit.  The only time cryptids are close to each other enough where the exposive would be valuable is if you are getting over run and they are all over you.  Otherwise, Incendiary is the way to go.  It does the most damage since it continues to burn and damage if you move on to another.  Plus does a lot more damage to barriers in POC.  Everyone has their preference though, just with most I have played with, we all have incendiary and sometimes one person runs armor piercing for Rhino.  Usually they don't upgrade it though, because you don't need much, once you take the rhino down you go back to Incendiary. 

Last Edited: Aug 29, 2014 12:51 PM
                      • Test #1

Was a bit confused until I saw the date of the first posts. Explosive is garbage since they nerfed it back around March IIRC, it was great before the nerf though. I used equip Incendiary before the nerf for the barrier hives and people would whine in lobbies for me to switch to explosive even though I wasn't putting any points into it and was always the armor or feral guy.

Blew a lot of people's minds when they saw you could take down the first barrier hive in 10-15 seconds.

As for armor piercing I have always hated the stuff. The damage over time from incendiary's burn damage is far more useful than AP IMHO, especially against scorpions and seeders that will jump out of your line of fire. When they leave your field of fire or you have to reload you're still doing damage with incendiary.

Last Edited: Aug 29, 2014 1:31 PM
                        • Test #1

Ever since explosive ammo had its nerf and reduced its explosive radius, it became a less popular ammo type to run. many enjoy AP due to lack of need to aim in designated areas in order to reduce armoured plates being shot.

Last Edited: Aug 29, 2014 2:13 PM
                          • Test #1

Takes 1 bullet less for Ap ammo versus Explosive on scouts that takes around 4 average.

Last Edited: Aug 29, 2014 6:05 PM
                            • Test #1

On awakenng explosive ammo is bad, easter eggs dont brake with them or ark.

Last Edited: Aug 29, 2014 11:42 PM