48 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2014 12:56 PM by AGROtheWOMBAT RSS

Please?

dayoldtamales

It's cool that we can finally use whatever outfit we want no matter the team, but can you change it so we can choose the color too?

On most outfits I only like the black variant, and most of the time your outfit doesn't even change to the correct color of a map anyway. For example on Stonehaven (lush and green) you're given a BLACK ghillie.

Can you lift the forced color please? Not like people can blend in anyway.

• Re: Please?
          PSNGamerRednight

only in ffa

PSNGamerRednight

and it is already hard to see people

dayoldtamales

It's hard to see people? Get those eyes checked.

Being able to pick your color wouldn't affect visibility. I just wanna be able to truly customize my character like they said I'd be able to.

PSNGamerRednight

my eyes are good and if you are wearing any color you want will affect how people can see you and if you wear a color that matches your background it'll be even harder to see

dayoldtamales

I wanna wear black. And people are ridiculously easy to see in this game. Only a couple maps have foliage.

lol people are not easy to see in this game is you own it on a prev gen console. it has terrible graphics.

dayoldtamales

Dude.

You're kidding right? I have a 20-inch TV and I play on the 360. I can pick people out across the map. It's not difficult.

I can't believe people are actually saying no to customizing color of uniforms. Like really?

Yeah dude I'm totally kidding, I just love to go around and post useless ****, I mean I can see even the pimples on people's characters and **** like that, omg it's so easy to see people.

You're a dumb ****. Most of the maps are just gray neutral colors, people blend in easy as hell, especially from across the map. Add in shitty graphics from the 360 (have you even tried the xb1 or ps4? its a fckin huge difference) and the fact that many people corner camp with incog, it's actually challenging.

The reason people say no to uniform coloring is because wtf is the reason for it? do I want my team mates to run around in bright pink so they can get killed more than they already do? Who gives a fck about what color your character is? When I shoot you, I see you for a split second and don't even think of you again until I shoot your face again. No one is gonna notice your special customized ugly colors, except you, and if its only you, then why don't you just pretend you're a different color. Use your imagination.

Doctorpsylus

off the grid perk (or whatever its called) takes you off night scopes & removes Gamer ID Tag

Tactics74

What's great is the guys that run around with the red face mask.. DERP.

nicedrewishfela

Only in the Cod Community would they give us a few thousand Customization options and someone asks for more.

Part of the strategy is understanding what you are equipping, how it will look in game, and how it will impact you in game. So you shouldn't need to change the color.

dayoldtamales

Bro.

They can't tell us we can customize anything, and not let us pick color. Color wouldn't affect visibility. This game isn't like that. People get found no matter WHERE they go. A few thousand? There is probably only half of that. A few hats and a few uniforms. You can't even use face paint. It came to us how many years ago? I just hate the color of all the uniforms. Only black looks good to me.

nicedrewishfela

You can't always get what you want.

And this...

CREATE-A-SOLDIER

In Call of Duty®: Ghosts you don't just create a class, you create a soldier. Choose the head, body type, head-gear and equipment, and you can even create a female soldier for the first time. With over 20,000 possible combinations, you can create the soldier you've always wanted. And each soldier you create will also have his or her own load outs.

Hmm...that's got me thinking.... I would like to have a pink cameo with fluffy poke-a-dot slippers and red rollers for my hair, just too help folks out whom have difficulty in seeing at long distances.

phxs72

Oh man that would be awesome.  Getting ambushed by angry housewives before their morning coffee.  Talk about a bloodbath

I know, what would be even more awesome is if some one was to capture it and then upload it, can you imagine the hits and laughs it would generate

phxs72

It would definitely go viral

dayoldtamales

Holy **** you people are idiots.

Only hardcore CODfags would seriously complain about the implementation of a way to adjust your color, when the maps by default adjust the color to suit the environment anyways. No matter where someone hides in this game they are found, whether by SAT COM, Amplify, Oracle, Tracker, Thermal, Dogs, etc. This game has the most available awareness-based features I've ever seen.

You're all just too stupid to think it over. Oh no, I change my uniform color to black from blue. I'll be ****ing unstoppable.

Idiots.

gotsomestars

You know how to tell how smart (or not) someone is on the internet? You count how many times they TRY to insult complete strangers for having a different opinion.

dayoldtamales

Oh no, I definitely did succeed with the insult. And you're right, against someone with a different opinion. An idiotic opinion.

If anyone really thinks that this would be detrimental to the game, they probably just have extremely ****ty eyesight and/or are just completely oblivious to their surroundings. I can stand on top of the broken building in Stonehaven completely still, and notice ANY small amount of movement across the entire map. It isn't hard when the maps are barely dynamic at all. If you see movement, it is a person. No name? Extremely likely it is an enemy. Therefore you aim down your sights and blow him away. It isn't difficult. And yes I own a 360. Graphics do not have anything to do with anyone's ability to spot an enemy player.

Don't confuse a person throwing insults for a person who is unintelligent. You'll lose that fight I guarantee.

Bielsalmighty

I wouldn't mind the idea. Theres no point posting that though.

As for picking people out on previous gen consoles, I'm with you, I've cross-mapped people sat outside the castle with Incog on stonehaven using iron sights. But then I spent a long time fiddling with my TV settings to get things looking just so.

Yeah, given the choice I'd go with black uniform too, makes a good foil to the Bodycount heads!

phxs72

You can't tell me that Housewives in curlers rocking a LSAT or better yet Combat knife coming at you wouldn't at least make you grin just a little at the absurdity.  Come on, I see that frown turning upside down.

KC135R

Funny, Just like a person running with a gillie suit on with an SMG. It would be almost impossible to run with a gillie suit on in real life plus it defeats the purpose of a gillie suit which is to blend in. "Hey Bob, is it just me or did that bush just run across the room?"

And there could be a skin for Riley to change it into a cat or a poodle too and the grenades could be cups of coffee and smoke grenades be packets of smokes

dayoldtamales

See it's thinking like that that gets this franchise nowhere. I didn't suggest anything along the lines of a cat skin or... coffee cups? Seriously? Smarten up.

Who cares about my color? I do. It's called freedom of customization. The same thing IW wouldn't shut up about during their reveal of what was promised to be the game that would be this franchise's salvation.

Yeah, bull****.

Seriously dude? Grow a sense of humour and learn how to take a joke!! We were all having a giggle at how you are complaining about such a small issue. And if you followed the whole line of the joke started by @Homie_Simpson, and possessed a sense of humour, you would understand the joke. Get over yourself and enjoy the game for what it is and stop finding tiny and insignificant things that waste everyone's time and brain matter by just clicking on your ridiculous post.

PSNGamerRednight

they did not mention color, and keep in mind that your color should match your team, if someone is wearing the same color as you and you  are rushing around you might assume that is your teammate it is red team vs blue team not rainbow vs rainbow

Highwayman0226

I'm not a fan of all teammates wearing different colors.  I also don't like the idea of having to worry about what color I'm wearing on different maps.  The way it is now works just fine.

TOLAND

Having each team mate wearing different colors in HC would lead to a lot of team mate rage with richochet.  First thing I notice when scanning is uniform color.  It's always been more reliable than looking at the player name.  I'm sure we have all had those moments were players names magically turn from green to red.  Don't know if it's a hack or a glitch but I've seen it happen through all the titles.

And I have to ask, with no theater and this being first person view only, why would you want to add another layer of processing to a game which already struggles with lag at times?  The game has to render each time you scope in and out.  This would add one more layer of complication to that.

And the reason I see that you are giving for all this is that you only look good in black?  Well, the only time I look at me(?, wait no that's a character avatar) is in the create a class screen and you can preview camos there all you want.  I'm sure I've seen the black camos.  Just switch it when you are on that screen and then you will be able to see yourself in all your raven glory.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a horrible idea, but this type of choice would open up more problems than it would be worth.  I just don't see any benefits to outweigh the drawbacks.  Maybe you should write IW and let them know that they aren't matching the proper colors to the right maps for camo purposes.

And the people here are poking a little fun at you, but they are good people and if they are posting on your thread, whether they agree with you or not means you got your say.  It's a game, we're here to have fun.  I hope you don't take what you read too seriously and miss the opportunity to make some new friends. 

Peace

KC135R

I liked how Thermal only worked on the enemy in BO2. It allowed you to not shoot your teammate if ony a leg was sticking out. Did that yesterday simply because NO NAME showed up over them. I shot them, received damage, moved a little to the right and suddenly (magically) a green name showed up over their head.

Poppa-Ghosts

I've got to concur that at least in the FFA mode different color options would be a nice change even if only as DLC similar to alternate weapon camos.  Easy additional $$$ for a small coding change.  It is not as if "Run and Gun" FFA players are attempting to be subtle anyways.

To those of you that say you can or can't see players in the current game:  Human eyes pick out movement more so than alternate colors or patterns.  Also humans tend to see shapes not found in nature such as the straight lines of backpacks or radio antennae with greater ease.  That being said human brains are also alerted to certain colors which they perceive as "danger" (yellows and oranges predominantly) more easily; as is also the case with harshly contrasting colors.

And I agree:  Black is slimming - - - it looks like my DEVGRU HEAVY could benefit by losing a few lbs.

TOLAND

"And I agree:  Black is slimming - - - it looks like my DEVGRU HEAVY could benefit by losing a few lbs.",  Poppa-Ghosts

LOL!

Get that boy off the Twinkie diet!

Poppa-Ghosts

I thought Twinkees went the way of Tactical Insertions in FFA - - -

I miss putting together a weapon class solely for the purpose of booster busting.

And while we're at the complaining about the lack of different color options - -

can anyone explain why the space and under water environments from the campaign mode were neglected in the multiplayer modes ?

What happened to those outfits and environments being left out in multiplayer ?

We aren't allowed to pick the color because that would make games very confusing & unbalanced. Slap on Incog & run around like a god. WHEW!

When the match starts I check my team's color & shoot at anything that's not that color. Screw waiting for a name to pop up. Usually the guy is dead before his/her name comes up.

ghamorra

"Whaaaaa, I want to customize my soldier"

*IW gives the little kids their option to change their soldier appearance

"Whaaaaa, I want more customization because nothing IW does is good enough"

I said the same on another post saying the same when the game had only been out a week. People are never happy with what they get. If a game comes out with awesome graphics and no lag there will still be people ******** about wanting something else or the game by being broken.

nicedrewishfela

Give this community an inch, they'll ask for a mile.

KC135R

It would be cool though if each team/country had different support and weapon options. Instead of everything being the exact same. You play as the rangers you truely play as the rangers and not just change your uniform. You dont get a Hind and so on

nicedrewishfela

It might be, but you still have to have balance, which is valued far more than what you are suggesting.

Even in Battlefield where you have two different sides, the guns are pretty much equivalent to one another.

As it stands right now, both sides have an equal chance of winning, which in a game scenario is how it should be.

KC135R

of course, there would be no point in playing as the underdog if it wasnt balanced or if there wasnt a point boost for doing so.

nicedrewishfela

I see where you are coming from. I do.

I just don't see it working in the game as it currently is.

I have said often that Return to Castle  Wolfenstein was my all time favorite FPS shooter. I feel like it is the only game that got Team and Objective Play 100% correct.

For those not familiar, let me sum it up. Was a WWII shooter (the SP campaign had occult themes, the MP was arcade military). In MP you had Axis vs Allies (Germans vs Allies). Each player had a choice of 4 classes, each with unique weapon choices and loadouts and abilities. LTs could distribute Ammo and call in air strikes. Medics were just what you think... they handed out Health Packs and could revive downed players, but had limited weapon choices and ammo. Engineers had the ability to repair elements in the game such as  gun turrets and to plant TNT to breach walls/doors. Soldiers had no special abilities but had access to more powerful weapons and ammo to blast the enemy. Germans had German weapons (MP40/MP44, Potato Mashers, etc). Allies had American/British weaponry (Thompson, Browning, Frag Grenades,etc)

The maps ranged from medium to HUGE.But the great thing was... you had an overall objective and several minor objectives. The game could be won if you ONLY got the overall objective, but you could earn points and make it easier for your team by completing the minors. One team attacked, the other team defended. You had a set time limit to complete the objective or you lost. Then you swapped teams and the other guys had a chance to attack or defend.

So let me give you an example- First was a D- DAY themed map. Germans spawned in a well defended cement fortress over-looking a beach head. Allies spawned in Higgins Boats (troop carriers, you've seen them in Saving Private Ryan) along the beach. Germans had fortified positions with high powered Machine Gun Nests,  Allies had trenches and cover to use that could be blown apart. Overall Objective was to capture the German Plans and broadcast them over the Radio to command. The Plans were deep inside the Fortress. So as Allies, you had to first fight your way up the beach to the wall surrounding the Fortress, which was tough in itself. When you got there, you had two minor objectives- which was to breach a door on the left side or the wall on the right side. You could even boost other players over the wall if you knew what you were doing. German players could either sit inside and defend or go over the wall and attack. Anyways, the Allies would try to breach the perimeter and get into the Fortress. As you moved up, your spawn did as well. So once you had breached the outer wall, you might spawn in a bunker or trench closer to the action. The Germans would retreat further into the complex as the action went. Anyways the Allies had to get the orders out of a back room. There were a few entry points, including an air vent. Once you had the orders, you then had to get them to the Radio Room. If you dropped them another player could pick them up for your team or to return them for the Germans.

That game, to me, got the balance and the idea of objectives right. Each player had a role and if you didn't perform your role your team would get steamrolled. Not to mention there were a TON of User-Created maps (One of the more creative being a child's bedroom in which you played a toy soldier amongst giant toys).

But in CoD, which is so rapid fire and quick twitch and challenge/stat driven... I just don't see it working.