21 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2014 3:54 PM by VECTORdude RSS

Spawn Killing "Guard" Dogs?

Last time I checked, GUARD meant to protect, not to spawn kill me in the map Sovereign. Dogs track me even if I've done nothing wrong, going across the map just to bite an innocent player.

VECTORdude
        • Test #1
          Re: Spawn Killing "Guard" Dogs?

LOL Dude it happened one time. The likelihood of that happening again is slim to none. No need to make a thread

Last Edited: Jan 6, 2014 6:36 PM
          • Test #1

Sounds like you're having a rough day.

Last Edited: Jan 7, 2014 7:12 AM
            • Test #1

I think the issue probably lies with when the owner of the dog dies.

It tracks back to where the player is and is obv programed to munch anyone that it comes across on the way lol.

I really don't see a major problem with the dog as a KS tbh, if I see one Ill make sure I keep moving back and firing and 9/10 I'll drop them before they pounce.

Last Edited: Jan 7, 2014 7:15 AM
              • Test #1

The across the map roaming thing is pretty darn annoying.  It happens to me all the time.  In fact recently, I got killed by the same dog 3 times back to back.  Once because he came across the map to find me and two more times right after I spawned back in.  That is a bit ridiculous.  On one hand you hate to punish a killstreak that someone earned but I don't think that it is supposed to just run across the map looking for random enemies to attack and yet it does from time to time.

Last Edited: Jan 7, 2014 7:19 AM
                • Test #1

You made me think of vid I made on Carrier in BO2. The vid is very short and the spawning dog kill at the end made me rage quit faster than the speed of light. I literally spawn into the game as I start to move and you will see how long it takes for my temper to shoot through the roof. 

Last Edited: Jan 7, 2014 10:03 AM
                    • Test #1

And people wonder why fixed-spawn gametypes have ceased to exist on this CoD title. This is the true cost of killfarming in objective gametypes, and why I'll always advocate PTFO or GTFO, and also that CoD reeeeeeeeeeeeally needs a time limit TDM. No score limit or cap, just 10 minutes for people to kill away to their hearts content and the team with the highest killcount at time-out win.

Last Edited: Jan 8, 2014 4:45 AM
                    • Test #1

I was playing TDM strikezone last night.  I got the guard dog then shortly died, the dog getting my killer.

I then respawned and my dog got another immediate kill so assume this was still where I died at the other side of the map.  I then got into another firefight, killed 1 and then died myself.  I respawned again and my dog quickly racked up 2 kills, I got into another firefight took out 2 and then died.

Respawned, dog quickly got another 2 kills and then suddenly I saw him again running towards me.

I can only assume that, by respawning, the dog changes direction to head towards where you now are and in these smaller maps, it increases the chance that he will run by people which he obviously does attack unprompted.  Therefore, I guess you may of experienced something like this on Soverign?

Last Edited: Jan 8, 2014 12:43 AM
                      • Test #1

Yeah I've came across this quite a few times in FFA . Recorded it using SkyDrive and tweeted it to acti assist and the guy was pretty shocked lol so its obviously NOT ment to happen and said he'd pass it on to the powers that be So it should be fixed soon

Last Edited: Jan 8, 2014 4:41 AM
                        • Test #1

We all have had the joys off getting our butt bitten by the mutt, I'm going to change tactics from now on or my socks in the hope it don't track me down from the other side off the map(s)

Last Edited: Jan 8, 2014 4:59 AM
                          • Test #1

Or I just steal all their revenge kills ie their in the chemist on warhawk lol and I'll tell them over the mic "there's no point camping in there as I wont allow you to get any kills haha" that really pi$$es them off !!

Last Edited: Jan 8, 2014 5:03 AM