16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2014 9:59 AM by DeathBringer-Zen RSS

solo Easter egg problem (Origins)

madgamesss

ok so i went in odin and pressed the button when the robot announcer said 1. i got purged out if the robot. i threw the beacon at the cement area and the rockets hit...... but no hole.... Why???? would i really just throw one of those beacons out there just for ***** and giggles. Hell no... Treyarch Fix your game. Why do you neglect on the solo players. is it because your playerist???.......   zombie team get you **** together.

• Re: solo Easter egg problem (Origins)

why not do it with someone or in co-op?

DeathBringer-Zen

You must be doing something wrong. I can get past that step on solo every time I try.

You are best to go into the robots right foot (the one at the soul chest side). When you purge out, you can run right across the generator and throw it from the dig mound pile that spawns at the other side. Throwing  from the robots left foot side is trickier for some reason but the right foot seems to be much easier.

Either way, it is very easy to pull off, and since Origins dropped, the step got patched after the last title change to give solo players more time to do that particular step, so there is no excuse for not getting it tbh.

madgamesss

no.... no i did it exactly the way you said it oddly... but still why is there a time limit? thats a question you have to ask yourself.  its a button...... throw deacon..... not a riddle like the rest.

robots circle the battle field..... rockets could shoot from anywhere, any time.

madgamesss

oh 1 more thing i play ps3..... you must play xbox btw they favor that system more for some odd reason and they aren't telling us.

DeathBringer-Zen

It is not system specific. My brother can do the EE on solo each time he plays and he is on PS3. You are either throwing it too late or missing with your throw. You are the only person I have seen complain about this step on PS3. If it was impossible to do on PS3, I am sure it would have been reported on here long before now.

Of course, it may the case that the step was adjusted on XBOX to give the player more time but not on PS3, but even then, it is still not impossible. I have thrown the strike myself at times and had it land dead center of the pit and it still failed to break, but only on rare occasions.

You should just persevere with it. They are not going to apply any more patches or hotfixes to BO2 now anyway, so not much else you can do really.

Rockker-1993

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

You must be doing something wrong. I can get past that step on solo every time I try.

A tad off-topic, but which step seemed to be most difficult for you?

DeathBringer-Zen

Well, for a little while it was the Raining Fire step, but only because I was not aware of the fact that it must have been patched to give more time and throwing it from down the path or over at Stamina was a tad tricky, but Now I get it first time, every time.

Apart from that, the EE is pretty easy on solo, just a chore. I hate building and upgrading the staffs now. lol

madgamesss

also i do not care about whatever the fourms says. Treyarch if you are reading this i would like you to fix this. i have done everything...... and when i mean everything i mean i have gotten to this same step in the easter egg 12 times..... i am a bit irritated  now and i think this little button error is lame as hell. If the easter egg is not for solo players than why does Sam ask for help and when i do not help her she yells at me for not. i have seen others do this easter egg solo so ik it can be done but this button thing seems kinda lame. i like the rest of the easter egg where it's this huge puzzle made up of smaller individual puzzles but this button thing isn't anything that extreme like the others...... lol please fix it 

Davelo07

There is a time limit to make it a challenge and it's not a glitch/error, just a timing issue. Whether it takes you 1 try or 10 there should be no reason why you can't get it done. If you miss twice, take the max ammo from the chest. If you miss 4 times, ride the tank until you get a max ammo. Just gotta be patient and it might be worth watching someone else throw the air strike grenade to make sure your aim is right.

madgamesss

nah its just something really stupid.....

madgamesss

Time is issuse and needs to be controlled. the whole map is great. i love origins but there are still a few smudge marks. Tryarch has came a long way from nacht der untoten. many, many, many improvements have been made but there is always room for improvements.  Help them improve. there may be a reason for the time limit on co-op because its a work together project. On solo there is no team. it's just you there is no need for this pointless challenge with no huge reward at the end. I just want to do the easter egg once for the trophy and for something to do... rather than run a train a group of zombies for 50+ waves. many people have a Point A and a Point B. mine represents time. how much time do i have till i have to do something else. most people play 3 hours or less . no one should have to wait a hour of that time waiting for anything.

Davelo07

I understand what you're saying. I only got that achievement myself today, because I mainly play public (and I only recently got a mic), so I only managed to get to the last step with randoms and also wanted to do it solo for the achievement.

Waiting on the entrance to spawn on the middle robot will take more time than throwing the beacon. The point is, this easter egg is designed for 4 players and will be time consuming solo. Building all the staffs is more boring and painful than throwing the beacon. It's important to time everything impeccably to make it as easy for yourself as possible. But you should easily get it done within 3 hours.

The fact is, nothing glitched or needs fixing, it's just your accuracy and timing on that step has to be spot on. And if patience isn;t your strong point, then you'll never get it done. Most easter eggs involve keeping zombies and waiting around. I actually tried this with a friend a few days ago and opted for solo because he kept complaining about how long it was taking and killing the last zombie. It's not for everyone.

madgamesss

i believe it is an easy fix..... theres nothing wrong with my aim and i did it as fast as my character can run so with that being said either A: it downloaded wrong to my ps3 or i didn't get this so called update to give solos more time

Davelo07

Fair enough, I'm on xbox so I can't say without a shadow of a doubt that it's the same on both consoles, but what you described in your original post happens on xbox aswell. If you miss it by a fraction of a second but still hit the correct spot with the beacon, the rockets hit but no hole appears.

madgamesss wrote:

theres nothing wrong with my aim and i did it as fast as my character can run

So did I, twice. And then the 3rd time it worked. It may be a console issue, but nothing you have described so far is out of the ordinary. It is a very particular step.