39 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 4:56 PM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

And now I get disconnections!

WiimotesRus02

So my phone and internet provider ended my service on 31st Dec and I decided to go the fibre optic route. I get 30mb down, 3 up and a ping of 11. You would have thought things would get better with this game, wouldn't you?

Somehow the graphics have got worse when you move about, frame rate is awful and now every other game I get disconnected from the server or host, and when it sorts itself out, I come back with a strict nat type and have to reboot the game. Does anyone else get this problem, and would going wired help?

Why is it when you think you're moving forward, everything just goes backwards?

• Re: And now I get disconnections!
          BlackMetroid95

I dunno whats going on Wiimote- i got new internet too, and the game runs better than it did before- and even then wasnt that bad. Now it doesnt lag too much unless more than 3 people are streaming as opposed to one. You'd think that would be good right? Except now i disconnect from the servers too occasionally mid match.  2 out of 5 matches i get kicked due to bad server connections. I was on a few KEM streaks- and i lost them... Maybe its your connection to the servers? Im in Canada over here..i dont get the problem.

Ryumaou

Strict NAT all of a sudden? Sounds like you're using new hardware from your new provider.

Kit_n_Kaboodle

Have the same , i changed from just over 4 down an 0.9 up , to 120 down and 12 up and i get disconnected far more now than i did before .

As for strict nat there is a solution that i found works but im not sure why it does .

I'm on virgin media with their latest superhub , the only way to get an open NAT type is to go into the router settings on your pc and look for DMZ settings .From there all i did was added the last 2 digits of the wii u's mac address that appears in the router mac connections list to the DMZ list .

I have no idea as to why it works , but it does .

If your on BT infinity , the same can apply as i done that on my bros 1 .

However even with the nat open , disconnections still happen especially if you in a group with a foreign host ( I get kicked far more when my US buddys are group leader than if im in control of game joining )

yea i would play around with the router settings. i had to get a new router not too long ago, kept same service, and the new router wouldnt let the wii u connect for multiplayer online. i read some stuff about the DMZ and that seemed to work for some people and other consoles but i ended up just removing/fixing the firewall settings to allow the wii u access.

not sure if this will help since you can connect a little bit but maybe

BobbyMcGee

please go wired bro. seriously the wiiu wifi is trash. sometimes i also get gamepad disconnects when my phone gets texts etc, running off its own network. interference, unstable connection, etc. just so many reasons to at least try it. you may end up with open nat.

if i go to miiverse and back or bounce around between accounts it switches my nat from open to moderate...

BobbyMcGee

also, try speedofme on your u browser. ping somewhere in the staes...

RAGEmajichands

this doesnt work for me on wii browser, something about download too large and asks to reload or cancel

WiimotesRus02

RAGEmajichands wrote:

this doesnt work for me on wii browser, something about download too large and asks to reload or cancel

Same here, but when it did it didn't give me the option to pick a server in the states to test my ping..

BobbyMcGee

yeah i just rechecked and it only allows me to ping chicago, but i dont mind since thats the middle of the states...

if you click on the menu icon (the three bars at top left on test page) you will find info on how it works, and server locations depending on country/location etc. if you are unable to download the testfile id say you have some internet issues you need to look into. the "download" is actually a test file, this is how your speed is calculated.

WiimotesRus02

BobbyMcGee wrote:

yeah i just rechecked and it only allows me to ping chicago, but i dont mind since thats the middle of the states...

if you click on the menu icon (the three bars at top left on test page) you will find info on how it works, and server locations depending on country/location etc. if you are unable to download the testfile id say you have some internet issues you need to look into. the "download" is actually a test file, this is how your speed is calculated.

I'm telling ya man I have no issues with anything else, as a Dj I download music from everywhere and send it all over the place too. Its takes seconds to download mp3 and wav format music and sending it doesn't take much longer. On my old internet it took several minutes in for WAV and a few less for mp3. Like I always say, there is nothing wrong with my internet, its just these games. The xbox works flawless, its just this game and bo2. I put in MW3 earlier, not to play as such, but to see how it was, open nat, full green bars, smooth as you like. It makes me laugh how we've become obsessed with our networks.

RAGEmajichands

does anyone change their dns settings? i always change mine from auto to google 8.8.8.8    8.8.4.4

I have been getting more of those types of disconnects lately too, and my setup has not changed at all.  When it happens, it isn't just you that gets kicked form the match, it is the whole lobby (from my experience anyway).

I would guess that you are seeing more frame rate drops because you are hosting more matches since you have better internet.  That's just a guess though.

As for the NAT settings, add your Wii U to your routers DMZ, that's the only way to get it to open.

WiimotesRus02

I'm certain its just me getting disconnected, only one time I returned to the lobby I got kicked from. After I get kicked, the console is like frozen. I can't go to my friends list, find a game or anything. Then everything goes off and a message comes up saying reading save data, then I find myself having to reconnect to the game, when I get back, I'm on a strict nat, except once, this has to be the biggest abortion of a game ever made, all the BS you have to do just to play it, absolutely crazy and unacceptable..

RAGEmajichands
                                        when that happens you're better off pulling the plug it the Wiiu then rebooting the console. I have allies that often get kicked or freeze. I rarely freeze,ithink it's because I dns settings and not have it in auto. even if I have my IP on auto.

When I get disconnected, I never have a problem with freezing or anything like that, I just need to find a new match.  Maybe I am having a different issue.

like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I'm certain its just me getting disconnected, only one time I returned to the lobby I got kicked from. After I get kicked, the console is like frozen. I can't go to my friends list, find a game or anything. Then everything goes off and a message comes up saying reading save data, then I find myself having to reconnect to the game, when I get back, I'm on a strict nat, except once, this has to be the biggest abortion of a game ever made, all the BS you have to do just to play it, absolutely crazy and unacceptable..

Remember that night when I thought Nintendo Network was down?  And you were checking to see if you could connect to help me out and give me some info?  Sounds like the exact same thing.  Or at least very similar.  The difference being I couldn't connect afterwards.  There was another time though where it did this, I could connect, but my NAT was strict when I got back on.  Just like you.  Pretty sure NN was having issues on that one, but some people could connect just fine.  IDK.  Your issue sounds very similar.

Kit_n_Kaboodle

Didn't know if you had sorted this problem but i have recently stumbled on a far easier and more stable change for the superhub settings .

Before,  I had changed the DMZ so that it accepted the mac address of the wii U , however i was still getting disconnected at random an the only thing that it nows turns out is that it allowed an open NAT .After talking to a few people in the xbox community it turns out that the DMZ setting that i changed was only a partial fix as every 30 mins or so the router would automatically try an either set the DMZ value correct or would not allow certain port numbers through ,hence the disconnections and being booted back to the ghosts online page with no allies,no numbers , nothing for about 2-3 mins then it would adjust itself .

So the simple solution is this : go into the advance settings on the superhub and go to port forwarding , Give the port exception a name ( wii u would be a good start ) .

Start port : 1

End port : 65535

Finally add the last digit of the wii u's MAC address into the I.P address box and apply .

I went an found a site where someone had contacted nintendo and asked what ports they and third parties use , this was the port values they had suggested .

Reset the router and away you go . Honestly the last few days have been a total change for me , the game has still got some garbage features but has become far more tolerable .I'm connecting to a whole bunch of people who i could not before ,Actually getting into games in hardcore with people who i had seen on blops rather than just the same 20-30 people over and over .

An the best bit , No disconnections yet

BobbyMcGee

what did you mean by email paul? in my other thread that got locked.

I've been experiencing frequent disconnections more often since last month....glitch or less people/hosts?