45 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2014 2:14 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

I'm sad to admit: I've reported some Xbone player for cheating.

This really pains me, but I just cannot take there are no hacks in Xbox One anymore.

The first weeks I saw very similar situation from some players to PC wallhackers, however everything here looks very organic, so I bite my tongue.

But for know the amount of position guessing and sudden extra health are really bothering me.

I'll start saying: I play CoD either with perk that leaves you with no running sound, or crouched, or both. With that said, I've been position chased with the aim of someone else with Dead Silence AND crouched, and I don't mean "possible causality" but total knowledge I was right there with no eye contact and me with Off the Grid since It's an operation I want to complete for the female uniform.

Some example Killcams:

Guy is running with a shotgun, stops running turn around to get his aim right into my "YOU" sign that shows your position before you were killed, however what he is staring at is a wall. Suddenly decides to backtrack and turn around a corner, BANG!!! buckshot in my face.

This one first three killcams, hes running, stops, ADS, shoots, I die. Now this fourth cam, he's sprinting and after turning on a corner he faces my YOU sign behind the wall in front of him, he stops sprinting, crouches and places himself in a corner, aim down, I appear on his screen (I repeat it again in case this wasn't clear: crouched and with Dead Silence and Off the Grid equipped), shoots, I die, he starts sprinting again while reloading with On The Go and Marathon...

Camper is camping in Warhawk top room in DOM nearby A; I enter the room, see a gun on the floor but no body, I turn back and head to the exit, and get shoot down on the back by the one looking at me from the wall sign you can step on in from of the room, since I entered the room, funny fact here: his aim always on me, to kill me he just strafed and ADS.

Guy with SMG is recovering health while reloading, cancels the reload as he quickly turns and shoots to a wall with the YOU sign right above it; takes his time reloading, two seconds later I enter thru the door right next to the bullet marks he left "accidentally" and, of course, I die.

Me and two guys run to the starting point of the enemy team right from the beginning of the game, one guy pops in front of us from medium range; I ADS with my sniper rifle while looking at my two partners shooting at him; I take my time aiming at his chest wondering how's he still alive, shoot, no hitmark, I see his reloading animation while I wait for the aim to fall quiet on him again, shoot again, nothing at all, I get a bit desperate and make a third shot before full steady aim 'coz this guy is about to shoot at me, still nothing. I die to him, just like the two guys who were on my sides. This guy was standing still the whole time and my sight was close enough to see his ghost mask and his reloading animation (imagine how easy to aim at his chest was). In the kill cam he does receive two hits with really weird timing between each other while the two guys on my sides were alive, yet survives in red, being the stand still target of a three men shooting fest... So he starts the match being 3/0.

I dare anyone to say these were lag issues, 'coz I got many more of these type of crap.

I'm also sick of watching people get scores like 30/4 every single match of TDM and their KDA being 1.0~ and their win ratio around the 80%, This is one of the things the piss me the most, because only explanation for this is as they get a 3~5 streak of TDM man-huting team carrying without camping not even once but they compensate it with a 4/30 score somewhere else when it's totally irrational having such a good score when it comes to gun fights but sucking badly in apparently everything else. Like I name it: they turn on and off their gaming skillz: hacks.

Fortunately the number of these kind of suckers is pretty small compared with PC, so I might still won something migrating to Xbox One. But it saddens me deeply keep seeing these kind of crap still around. I really hope Activision cheating team looks upon these people, because they completely ruin the game as whatever team has them won since loadout selection. Also notice that these people always comes in teams, even tho they rename themselves (I know this because a guy apparently didn't want to change one part of his name while his hacker companion was with his normal name). Another thing: most of them join in mid match, is really difficult to see them joining the lobby; they join in mid game, end up first in scoreboard, stay in lobby for some matches, then back off with his teammate(s) so fast sometimes its not possible to select their names from the lobby. Typical team boosting in my opinion.

• Re: I'm sad to admit: I've reported some Xbone player for cheating.
          zvers

I haven't seen anything near to what I saw on PS3's CoD's. Also, keep in mind that the spawns can still be REALLY cheap. And the extra health is due to Flak jacket. It's saved me countless times.

I'm not sure you replied to the proper thread lol.

I don't use lethals due to my operations not requiring equipment but lots of perks; but what I call extra health is literally extra health: four marks at SMG range, no kill; no obstacles in between, hitmarks with sound and everything, displaying in the killer's killcam, yet he is alive at four hitmarks and I die in 2~3 like almost everyone.

In the final example I wrote, the guy didn't take a single hit from a perfectly aimed sniper rifle, twice, not to mention the two guys on my sides shooting at him even before he stopped moving in front of us. Killcam showed he received only two hitmarks, it was so fast I couldn't tell from which source, but the three of us where alive, then he suddenly stop taking damage when he was about to die. First 60 seconds of the match, he got first blood; are you going to tell me it was oracle too ?

Tactics74

I've shot at many walls due to a friendly Oracle or should I say 'wall-hack'. If you miss the "enemy oracle activated" notification (which you don't get if you die at the same time) then this can be easily mistaken for a wall hack.  There should be a way of telling the entire time if there is a Oracle running. Actually, correct that.. there shouldn't be an Oracle at all.. that and Squadmate. Both of these can be spammed by a team and completely turn a match into a joke.

phxs72

I was thinking Oracle as well since Off the Grid doesn't counter it.  He'd have to be running Blind Eye for that counter.  I know that I've wall banged a few folks myself when I've seen the image appear and they didn't pop the corner right away.  I don't know that the OP hasn't encountered actual cheating but that would be my first thought to explain what was happening.  Also even with crouch walking depending on where you are on the map (ie moving through tall grass) your footsteps may not make a sound but your brushing past the grass will.  So it's still possible that someone heard him.  Although by the description I think it more likely that they saw him via an Oracle.

Oracle is an anti-campers tool, not a killing machine aider. It scan time is so bad, if you want to know someone, you know is nearby, position you must wait a few seconds and be facing the proper place.

Here I'm talking about people that cannot get one single "legit" kill cam in the whole match. You pop with a 14 kills support streak when I'm talking of situations where the guys I reported where all sending us Trinity Rockets and Battle Hinds like no tomorrow at the first 9 kills they get, and repeatedly at very 9 kills past that, except when they get one of their 4 or 5 deaths. And yeah, someone else in their team could easily had Oracle equipped, and yeah, I could had missed the callout, and yeah, I could have not see the Oracle scan in the 5 seconds time frame, every single time. But that's a bit of too many "could"s for me, sorry if I don't take it.

Oracle? riiiite, yep, I missed the oracle callout every single time when no one had the kills to call it and no one used it in the previous matches, I'm so dumb.

BTW did you know that enemy oracle shows in your killcam ? Yeah, if you were spotted by oracle within the 5 seconds your killcam shows it, weren't my examples clear enough to tell the guy spotted me without eye contact inside the 5 seconds killcam reply ?.

Also, you cannot post videos here, and the Kinetic gives me the creeps to record stuff since the time it signed me out when I said "Xbox Snap". But if you want videos of people with 1.0~ kill ratio and go 25/5 for four consecutive matches, sure, I'll toss you my YouTube site later on.

Oh and, in those five examples I referred only three people.

Bubbakush

if you think people with a 1.0 or below that happen to have 4 good matches in a row are hackers or cheaters do everyone a favor and please ask your team if they noticed what you claim to of happened. because honestly most people will agree kill cams are BS looking at someone's screen or game play through your internet will never be the same thing that happened due to difference in everyone's internet. to you in game they somehow manged to turn on you like a pro in the kill cam it doesn't even show you shoot everyone has there own story of something that looks like a hack, bug, cheat, glitch, or lag comp and all be honest over 60% is BS and just people crying because they aren't as good or someone just womped them due to a hosting issue

Kill cams are server based, which means they show what the server saw, not what you saw.

And again, I'm not talking about "people with a 1.0 or below that happen to have 4 good matches in a row" but to people that I see twice a day for each streak of 3~5 matches and they literally go 25/5~ each match by getting killcams like I described.

Now let's assume kill cams are totally wrong. What''s the difference ? they are still spotting out of nowhere, even if I didn't see the true part of the story.

Instead of trying to explain why people can have good scores for a few matches an a kinda bad record, read the killcams I posted and please explain me why did people do what they did if they couldn't see me in any way nor hear me neither ?

You see: you have Marathon, On the Go, an SMG and you suddenly stop to camp for a second and wow! you got a kill! No oracle, no luck, no lag. running stopped, waited for me, killed me, started running again. It wasn't even a camping spot, he just crouched and back a bit while aiming at the corner of the wall where I was going to appear.

The one in the room in warhawk, aim steady on me behind the wall, I turn back, he strafes to take aim on me thru the window, shoots me from behind. Let's assume he stopped caring if he was visible to the rest of the people (because he was standing still looking at a wall, was an easy target if anyone saw him), just to check there was no one coming to catch him from behind, 100% luck he finds someone checking the room, and just turned back when he checked ?

And everyone knows people tend to panic and shoot to the nearest wall even if they need to cancel their reload, rite ?

But of course, killcams are crap, we will never know what really happened... [/sarcasm]

Bubbakush

kill cams are server based if your on a server other wise its up to hosts connection making them unreliable and BS seeing as unless your on a dedi players pings will very tremendously more than they would on a dedi.

as to what you describe could be multiple things

1. someone saw you running to that area because you know there are 5 other guys on his team that can say dude someones behind you.

2. dumb luck.

3. really bad lag comp.

4. your not as good as you think you are.

as for canceling a reload ya shooting, knifing, or sprinting are all things people due to cancel a reload

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

Killcams are misleading and unreliable. Nine times out of ten what you see on a "killcam" is not what happened in the match. Lack of theater mode makes it ever more frustrating.

FalconR6

Just to clear up Ozhm - you can post videos in the forum - as long as they relate to a topic that can be discussed. Youtubers saying - check out my video and subscribe - are not.

Recording on the X1 I have not done, But suffice to say - you don't need snap. I believe you need to say something like "Xbox Record That." try it out in a random match and work it out.

Note: Wall hacks / aim assist hacks (like that occur on PC) have never been seen on the 360 - and as far as I know not on the X1. Of course the 360 does have modded lobbies / prestige loobies - but never the above hacks.

Don't get the any of the above forum members wrong - it is just impossible to validate something we have never seen before on the xbox systems - or has never been documented.

FalconR6

recording gameplay tutorial

KC135R

Also, if a bot has been added to balance a team they can be VERY 'psychic' and suddenly stop, point at a wall and shoot you through it.

Bubbakush

bots cant be added to MP. someone just got lucky, they where wearing SS headphones, or he was called out by someone

SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

If you consider Support Squadmate a bot then yes, bots can be added to multiplayer match.

Bubbakush

yes but if you read why the OP said he reported players nothing he said could be a squadmate they have no perks they only have a riot shield and pistol. so as i said bots cannot and are not added to MP to balance teams.

The NPC with a riotshield ? [sarcasm] yeah, it also was in all the killcams, did I forgot to mention? [/sarcasm].

I don't follow the logic: you can create a lobby with the winning conditions of your choice, with the scoring multiplier of your choice, etc, but you cannot have a simple wallhack ?

phxs72

Of course you can have a wall hack.  It's just not expected to be there on a new console.  I haven't followed this thread too much since my original post.  So I may be speaking out of turn here but you may very well have come across some real bonafide hackers and as such I'm glad that you reported them.  Even if it turns out that somehow they didn't hack, I'm still glad that you reported them because there's really no downside to it.  I think that others (again I haven't been following too closely) have offered some alternate scenarios that you feel didn't exist in your situation.  Fair enough but they would have been remiss to have not mentioned them.  Often folks come to the forum thinking that they've discovered cheating only to find out that they just didn't know what they were looking at.  Occasionally, someone comes to the forum and they are correct that cheating has occurred.  I don't know which one you are but try not to take it personally that others have offered other possibilities to explain what happened.  Their presentation of their ideas may have been lacking somewhat but their intentions were good (or at least most of them where).

I'm not exactly stating they are hackers. I am, however, desperately looking for other explanations, that's why I'm here saying "sadly I reported someone" instead of "yay! I reported a hacker, where's my reward??".

I've analyzed most of the possibilities people state here, but I'm afraid they still don't fit.

I'm also a very paranoic person that sees with bad looks any killcam that doesn't look legit, however these cases I've been following for long and that's why I ended reporting. So my word is never final when it comes to cheating.

I am, however, still looking for a fair explanation that could suit the situations I explained, 'coz, like I said, I have many more of them from the same users, so it's still looking too suspicious for me.

Bubbakush

on the 360 yes its a system that's been around for years with a game that uses MW3 coding. on the One its very hard to believe new system new game coding not to mention that most people are still on the old gen so most hackers are still there. you got to understand its trail and error when modding or hacking something if you mess up there is a possibility you just fried whatever your trying to mod or hack. with all that its slim to none that you saw a hacker and didn't just have someone get lucky or there team call out your location through there mic.

OK, new update:

I've played five matches with a couple of people with his clan tag in gold ( 'sup with that BTW? ). They start dominating everyone, specially one of them, scores like 28/7 in TDM in my team. Second match, another score like that from the same guy. Third match, that one guy gets a lame 15/8 or something like that, and his clan partner gets a 26/6. I watch them play and they are constantly running around killing everyone without issue at all. Fourth match, they are in the enemy team, we lose, and their scores are again like that. fifth match, they are back on my team, they both go 19/12~, and I end 19/9 winning the lead by 60 points for 3 assists; achieved MVP Team Deathmatch Patch, "Public Enemy".

I'm AFK to celebrate and use the toilet; come back and check my operations, and I notice I earned points towards perks I didn't have, like Quickdraw and Blind Eye.

So, what's you explanation here ? More oracles and Squadmates ? [/sarcasm]

(Before you even bother to ask: no, I didn't use the Gambler perk).

phxs72

The gold clan tag is earned once your clan reaches level 11. However, there is a hack out there where people are changing their clan tag colors.  So it's hard to say whether or not their tags are legit but there are quite a few legit gold tags out there at the moment.  Honestly, their scores look pretty normal to me.  Heck my own scores run in those circles.  I can have one match and go 30-5 with a Loki and the next match I might end up 15-12 if I don't get into a good rhythm against the opposing team.  The only thing that I can't explain is earning points towards perks that you don't have unlocked.  It sounds like a glitch in the game but it could be that someone forced it upon you by giving everyone on your team those perks.  Perhaps that's how these guys are cheating?  Maybe they have found a way to give themselves the benefit of all the perks without having to display that they have them on the killcam?

Is it even normal for the golden clan tag to show as part of their names on the scoreboard ?

BTW, their KDA were nearby 1.7 each of them, they don't seem to have bad matches, and like I said: if one sucks, the other makes an epic comeback.

About the perks: If it's a glitch it can be googled, else... well ya know: HACKS ^_^ Notice that the points I had didn't match the times I'd use the perk in question. Would of need a theater mode to check, but I'm sure if it was a glitch, it wasn't triggered by me, but made me a much more skilled player that I am.

phxs72

The gold tags are supposed to show on the scoreboard and in game.  Although they don't always show and that is a game glitch.  Again I don't know that those guys weren't cheating.  I know when I'm running with one of my better clanmates, we often finish first and second place on our team.  Whose in first and whose in second just depends on who found the enemy more often but we both tend to do well.  The big problem with TDM though is that it's kill limited.  So if one person just goes ham then it's pretty likely that there will be some folks on that team that struggle to do much simply because one guy hogged all the kills.  That's something that I have to remind myself when I'm playing in a party of skilled TDM players and find myself bouncing around from top dog to last man on the totem pole.  As the perks go, I'm sure that you didn't make it happen.  Sometimes we are just the unwilling beneficiaries of strange things.  I've been playing for enough years now that I've seen the game do some rather random crazy stuff but I've also seen my fair share of hacks.  Sometimes figuring out which it was is next to impossible.  So when in doubt I always report.  I figure even if no hacking is found the devs should at least be able to see that something wrong was happening and maybe that produces a patch down the road.

FalconR6

Coloured clan tags = ok

if gamertags are coloured - suspicion

omhz - I'm not saying that modding can't /won't occur on the X1. I can just go on what I know. First - aim bots/wall hacks have never been seen on consoles. Modded lobbies like prestige - yes. But for the X1 specifically - the only hacking I know of are the leaderboards.

By the way - if your suspicious of something use the X1 record feature - I gave you the tutorial above.

Here's the thing - @jeepchick is correct 100% - you can't post videos of actual cheating when gamertags / or instructions of cheating which could damage the community are seen. However, if you record something you can send video /links via PM to forum members - hopefully trustworthy ones.

Peace dude

big tip - if you are ever in a lobby you don't trust - leave immediately. To be sure - run over to your console and press the glowing power button. Reason - you can be punished for taking advantage of glitches,, with the latest round of the Banhammer - no prisoners were taken. Perps get bans,, "innocents" seen to take advantage get suspensions. Read the Code Of Conduct stickied in general discussions

OK I played some FFA, top player went 30/5 in three consecutive matches, full killstreak (Trinity Rocket, Battle Hind, Helo Pilot) without failing. Every single one of his killscams totally bulls't. He leaves after the third match, on fourth match there's another guy that goes 30/5, full killstreak (Trinity Rocket, Battle Hind, Helo Pilot) without failing. Every single one of his killscams totally bulls't, their rank where different, their stats the same.

Some one please dare to say this one wasn't hacking.

Bubbakush

i believe me and about 4 other members have told you multiple times kill cam is BS and doesn't accurately represent anything do to everyone in the lobby's different latency and internet connection. its more of a tool to show you where you died from nothing more. you do realize that there are people that play nothing but FFA ever so they basically know the spawns everything about the lvls. games been out for a couple months its not hard to figure out. also if im not mistaken the match limit is 30 points so ofcourse there going to get 30 points if they got all there killstreaks there just a good player. im sorry but like phxs72 said its a new console and most PC hacks have never been seen on the old 360. also giving the fact you always mention the kill cam and have said you are a paranoid person and we have all repeatedly told you that kill cams mean nothing and are not accurate. its easy to tell you he wasn't hacking you (just as you have stated on other threads) have a bad connection or just aren't as good a player as they are. doesnt make them a hacker and until you can come up with more than this player did really good i think he was a hacker no one is even going to really pay attention.

Another update: clan tags. In Purple. ? ...

You know, I didn't leave the PC's hackers hell to join the Xbox One's one.

Bubbakush

the clan tag coloring have been in CoD sense CoD2 its a pointless and non game effecting hack get over it.

starbuckfrack

Even though the colored clan tags arent a "hack" you actually dont need a hack to get them.

All you do is when you make your clan tag you insert special characters in your name.

Its more of a glitch than a hack.

Let me get this straight. Supposedly these people have some form of aimbotting on the Xbox ONE according to the OP, cause they can detect him thru walls.

So how come they can go something like 25 and FIVE ? If they were hacking wouldnt they go 25 and ZERO ?

Also their lifetime KD ratio wouldnt be 1.0 if they were hacking . Their lifetime KD ratio would be more like 5.0 , wouldnt it ?

mcdonamw

Exactly.  The OP is just over exaggerating. Sure there are a lot of BS moments in this game, but I guarantee they are nowhere near as much as the OP claims them to be.  He's just getting owned and like one gets tunnelvision, when the BS starts, that's all he sees from then on out.  He sees what he wants to see.

I do it all the time.  Admittedly when I start getting frustrated, that's all I see is the BS kills that get me, yet I'll finish the match 30/5.  My friends constantly yell at me cuz I'm griping for every one of those 5 deaths lmao.

There are no hacked Xbox Ones.  While there are game glitches, they don't affect the game.  You can detect glitched clan tags because the first "[" is not colored, but the rest of the tag is.  Clan tags that are completely colored, e.g. both "[" and "]" are colored, are benefits of playing in a REAL clan who rank up and earn those colors.

Get over it OP.  You're full of crap.

I believe this topic seriously went off  topic due to people skepticism to believe in Xbox One hacking and replies that have nothing to do with possible explanations for situations I keep finding on some specific players.

BTW it wasn't the scores what was the suspicious thing to me, in fact, one of the three I mentioned in the original post had a not-that-good one.

/(not answered). but Thread please

Bubbakush

multiple people have given you reason it could of happened you just don't want to believe its not hackers while multiple people have told you that the hacks you think are involved have not been seen on anything but a PC. you just chose to ignore and keep thinking people you are playing against are hacking 

starbuckfrack

This post will have me critiquing you as opposed to the other post I was giving you a suggestion.I can guarantee you the Xbox one has not been hacked. You can keep on filing false reports if you want to thats your choice but nothing will happen to them even if you file a hundred reports on one person. If they werent guilty then 100 reports still wont get them in trouble.

You are just wasting your time and the PETs time. And you are destroying your rep. You are only hurting yourself.