15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2014 1:30 AM by Ozhm RSS

Why is K/D NOT the ONLY thing search cues are filtering

Skeets1point51

Connection shouldn't be that bad of an issue anymore with "DEDICATED SERVERS (LOL)." So why am I in lobbies (solo play) with players that are rocking 2.00+ K/D's?  Ridiculous.  It's called "Match Making" for a reason.  Place me with players of equal skill so the game will be half way enjoyable and I can not call it a complete and utter waste of money.

FIX THIS GAME!

• Re: Why is K/D NOT the ONLY thing search cues are filtering

I enjoy playing against these players! The best way to get better is to play people out of your league I would say. Forces me to step my game or suffer the consequences.

You know, if they went back to match making based 100% on ping, this non-sense would be done and the game would be enjoyable by many again. The match making is NOT done by ping thus dedicated servers or listen servers does not matter. They entire idea of lag comp to control everyone's connection ( and not being able to do it efficiently ) is the sole cause.

It started in black ops 1 and they are standing by it to current gen. Why? I do not know, it does not work, large numbers playing have had enough, a game is going to get released sooner or later which offers a similar experience ( Maybe Titan Fall? ) and when it does, we can move on from hope and enjoy an FPS experience.

I do not know about anyone else but since black ops 1 I feel like a mushroom communicating with the dev's.

Basing matchmaking on skillz instead of ping will end you in lobbies with players of your very same KDA stomping you because they are 2 seconds ahead of you.

The ping control actually improves the matchmaking. What the matchmaking needs is more accurate score matching.

Main issue are parties. Second issue is the large difference between skillz of players from the same region.

I'm used to play with 200ms lag and matchmaking keeps throwing me in the brazillian server where I have 60ms and I'm so not used to it. Add some 2.5+ KDA  players in the mixture and you get me in a 5/15 kill ratio. Send me to USA servers with players with 2.0 KDA and I'll easily go 20/12.

Noob_Lyncher

My K/D is just over a 2, and it tends to pair me up with idiots against halfway decent players most of the time.

electricfuneralfire

What you are saying is a good idea but something like that should be optional. Maybe have three levels of play you can choose to go into like recruit, veteren and hardcore. That way people can choose the level of competition they want to play with.

I would rather play with and against the best players even if it caused my kd to be as low as a .5.

AceKillaLOH

Here is what you have to understand. The game CANNOT match people up based on their K/D considering they have added Infected as a game type. Infected is a way for people to camp, door block and kill their way to a KEM strike and then just not play if they get stabbed by an infected player. If it matched people by K/D, then it would have matched the level 20 player with a couple hours of play time and a 22 K/D ratio against a possible tournament player who does not play infected at all and just matchmaking. That would get the low level player DESTROYED. Think about it rationally before a complaint is logged. People that play ONLY infected have a huge K/D, W/L ratio but are straight garbage in online play that is actual team-based.

phxs72

My kd is around a 1.13.  I can't say that I've ever run into a 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 kd player that had me running scared.  My suggestion would be to not look at the leaderboards.  Odds are you are plenty good enough to compete with whomever gets put into your lobby.  And if you are then you should appreciate that the matchmaking is based on connection and not forced to segregate you by stats.

I play with scoreboard open all the time; what I want to see is not who got killed by who using what in which way, but who are the ones I should defend to raise their kills or help to maximize their epic killwhoring; as well as which enemies I must avoid contact with.

It's just my preference, but it serves me a lot.

If you mean the lobby ladderboard, know that players don't look at it, they look at everyone one by one in lobby screen by pressing right on the stick, heh.

codchamp

I dont think the games search at all by K/D or W/L. If it did have a search function for any stat i would think it was by SPM.

Also i would not be to worried about other players K/D. Not saying there are not good players out there and there are many. But i find that most 2.00 K/D players that are running solo either camp it up or are not there at the end of the game.