15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2014 8:50 PM by scotland-rules RSS

Panic Knifing Problem

OhZakka

Is it just me or is panic knifing too OP? It's a bit annoying then the MSBS in the game. Don't you think there should be a counter panic knifing from the front just like in Battlefield 4? What about you guys?

• Re: Panic Knifing Problem

Wow. Really complaining about panic knifing.  If you come around a corner and someone is right there you knife them. No time to fire your gun. Seriously complain about spawns or lousy match making. 

Why do people always complain about people having better reflexes than them? Learn to click the stick in when someone gets in your face. Problem solved! If you have the melee button on the O/B Button then you're a drop shotter & are no better than the panic knifers you oh so complain about.

vdubpdx1982

Running tactical does not make me a drop shotter. I prefer it on Tactical because it allows me to get to cover faster without breaking my line of site. I am also not a fan of the knife being the end all be all of weapons in this game. there either needs to be a way to counter it or it should require 2 or more inputs to kill. also it should make you more vulnerable after knifing not allowing you to knife someone then immediately go back to shooting within a blink of an eye there needs to be a min of a 4 second delay after knifing to the time you are able to fire you weapon as you will need to put the knife away before you can use your weapon again

There is, for the first time in COD, a delay when you knife. You now reach out, grab, stab in the ****ing heart, watch the life drain from their eyes, push them off your knife like the sacks of **** they are, put knife away & then bring gun back up. Just like BF does it except a little faster. In COD past you could knife feed easily. In Ghosts you can only do that with the Maniac. I can't tell you how many times I knife people & get gunned down but if I instead sprayed like hell I would of survived. Other CODs I could stab stab stab then snipe guy that was just a bit too far away to stab.

The only thing OP in this game is people's egos.

RexxCastle

Panic knifing has nothing to do with voluntarily clicking the stick ROFL, most of the time you get knifed its from some kid that just nearly sh it themselves and clicked the stick on accident while squezzing the controller because they werent expecting someone to come around a corner.  Thus the name "PANIC" knifing

agent9obj

The problem is not the act of panic knifing,  but the fact that they run through a half of clip of bullets and knife you from 5 feet away!  It's ridiculous!  But that doesn't annoy me the way I.e.d's do. Most of my deaths are from those.  No way to counter unless you use the dumb perk! The fact that you can put them under water on the flooded map is hilarious!  This game is all about helping people with no skill.  And with the Titanfall player count/AI announcement,  it looks like that will be disappointing too! I'll just play other games on my ps4!

Blee103093

Jesus Christ, someone who finally gets it. Panic knifing is a huge problem. Like the term implies, it's PANIC knifing.. It's literally the person knifing because they just crapped themselves from running into a guy around a corner. It's not "better reflexes." It's not "skill." I rarely had problems with panic knifing in BO2. Why? Because the knife was useless unless you used a combat knife or ballistic knife. And to be perfectly honest, I'd rather have the BO2 knife than this terrible knife any day of the week.

IndyOldGuy

Blee103093 wrote:

Jesus Christ, someone who finally gets it. Panic knifing is a huge problem. Like the term implies, it's PANIC knifing.. It's literally the person knifing because they just crapped themselves from running into a guy around a corner. It's not "better reflexes." It's not "skill." I rarely had problems with panic knifing in BO2. Why? Because the knife was useless unless you used a combat knife or ballistic knife. And to be perfectly honest, I'd rather have the BO2 knife than this terrible knife any day of the week.

YEP     been knifed in ghosts already more than MW3 and BO 2 combined...

Bielsalmighty

How do you know that though? I mean I'm certain you wouldn't make such a statement based on assumptions alone would you...?

I see no issues with knifing in this game. It leaves you horribly vulnerable, if you watch someone stab a teammate and then get gunned down by them then you must have the reactions of a sloth. Sorry, but its true.

OhZakka

I understand people have no trouble from getting killed from a "panic" knife. It's just an issue in Ghosts for me.

Izjar11

Knifing is meant to kill, so getting killed by someone with a knife, no matter the circumstance is no OP.

Nor was the MSBS OP.

Exactly! People also complain about spraying your gun. So if someone gets in my face I should just stand there like an idiot or try to run away so I can properly ADS & shoot. If you hate panic knifing then use the Riot Shield so it bounces off. Problem solved.

CallOfDutyFan88

The problem isnt knifing being a 1 hit kill, its the instant aim assist guided death lunge annimation it enters. In bo2 u can dodge incoming knife attempts but in this game you are dead once the knife button is pressed with no hope for escape. This lunge annimation happens frequently on what shout be just close range gunfights and its bs when you are killed by a lunge when u were shooting them and they pressed the knife button well out of knifing range. Knifing is fine but if you are not a manic juggernaut or u dont have a combat knife already in hand u should not be entering instant death lunge annimations at all.

Only time I lunge knife is if I'm dead on center looking at the guy & I had NUMEROUS times when the knife did a Treyarch. (Treyarch = against the guy & the knife just swings thru the air not hitting them)

Panic knife is just another excuse like Camping, using a OP gun, etc.

scotland-rules

In my opinion all they've done is make knifing a much more consistent and reliable option if you need it. Back in BO2 knifing wasn't reliable, sometimes you'd get a clean kill with a bit of lunge and other times you'd epically fail.