35 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 7:29 AM by djacks400 RSS

Stop putting people into hopeless games!

Sick of getting dropped into TDM matches that are 60+ to my team being under 30....if you are going to do that, at least make the match neutral for the joining party regardless of the outcome...

NickLuvs
        • Test #1
          Re: Stop putting people into hopeless games!

This happens and has been happening since the dawn of CoD. It sucks. It's happened to me MANY times over the years. Just spawn and play defense. Sit in a corner if you have to until the game is over if you can't deal with it.

The problem is that people rage out of games and if they don't try and fill the games then there will be far more games ending with a few or no opponents on one side. Look at the flip side of the coin.

Last Edited: Jan 10, 2014 1:21 PM
          • Test #1

Blame the quitters. They put you in that situation.

Suck it up, play as hard as you can, and go back to the lobby on even footing.

Or play in a party, you will rarely have this happen.

Last Edited: Jan 10, 2014 1:32 PM
            • Test #1

I take it as a challenge. Step up my game to the next level, and try to overcome the difference. I've actually won a few games when being down 30+. The tactics that they used in the beginning of the match may not work against the new players that joined.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 12:24 AM
              • Test #1

Could you clarify something?

If people weren't being put into hopeless games, then what do you think the effect on multiplayer will be the moment someone quits in a game? No matter how what people do and how they say otherwise, you can't do anything about ragequitting, and there are times when it is justified. What do you do then? Do you keep it 6v5 where one team has the player advantage, only for someone else on the team to ragequit because of it? The game would be complete shambles by the end. If it matters to you, then stay in the same lobby, as you will not be put in losing games then. Even if you do leave lobbies, then it shouldn't be too much of an issue, unless you leave them consistently, in which case I must ask: Why?

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 10:55 AM
                • Test #1

1) Find a lobby

2) Stay in said lobby and don't quit

3) Enjoy full matches

I rarely see this happen with Ghosts. Granted the game is still young and players have more patience at first. It also helps that matches don't lag nearly as much as past titles and games don't become overwhelmingly pointless like they did in Black Ops II with the Scorestreak charity system.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 10:59 AM
                    • Test #1

The above works like a charm. 

Here's a tip for all the quitters out there.  The devs came up with a sneaky punishment for you.  If you quit games mid-match you will likely be put right back in the same match or another match that is just as negatively lopsided.  This way, you can enjoy two losses on your record when all you had to do is have some honor and not abandon your teammates.

If you quit out of games, I will never shed a tear for the consequences you face.

First game of every play session, I expect to take a loss due to filling a quitters shoes.  Been that way since day 1 of MW.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 12:56 PM
                        • Test #1

One time I got put into a WINNING match

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 1:33 PM
                            • Test #1

starbuckfrack wrote:

One time I got put into a WINNING match

This happens so much anymore. It's like God is rewarding me from all the horribly awful games that I was put into during Black Ops II reign. Only been in a couple super bad matches but I've been placed into winning matches quite often.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 6:43 PM
                            • Test #1

Ive quit a few games in the past for one reason or another, game nearly over and team getting hammered, one or two players left in team, or lag, its never put me back into the same game,as for a loss who cares anyway, i certainly dont, kd means nothing to me as a  game,

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 6:44 AM
                              • Test #1

Usually players quit because 'they are getting killed too much' , 'they don't like something an enemy is doing or how they are playing' , 'bad connection' , 'mismatched teams' etc.

A lot of the time these are the reasons are why one team is pounding the other (not always as matchmaking is pretty bad).

By 'punishing' these players by putting them in losing games or the same lobby just means that they will quit again. So idk if that's the best option.

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 9:50 AM
                                  • Test #1

What I'm trying to get at is quitting becomes habitual.  If you are getting thrown into so many lopsided games at the end of the game, I reason because you are quitting games way too much.

The number one reason people rage quit is they are dying too often.  Everything else is the reason they give for all those deaths.

It's easy to quit when you are alone behind a TV.  Would you do the same playing ball at the park when everybody can see you walking off and may say something?

I play out these lopsided games and, usually take the loss.  There has been times that the team I join comes back to win.  Those are awesome COD moments.  Why rob yourself of the chance to be part of one?

There has almost never been a time that the next game after the one I joined has been lopsided unless it's a full clan that is ruling that lobby.  Even then, I'll give it a couple of games to see if I can learn anything from it.

Everybody gives the reason, "It's just a game, why can't I quit", but I have to point out that if it is "just a game" why do you get so frustrated you have to pick up your ball and go home.

Cause in reality, that is what you are doing to your team mates.

Is it a capital crime?

No

Does it keep the person quitting from growing and getting better at COD?

Yes, because you never challenge yourself to learn how to overcome great odds.  My greatest game in COD happened to be 1 vs. 6 because everybody on my team quit.  I came back and won by myself.  You don't get to ever experience that feeling of accomplishment if you quit.

In the end, isn't that a far harsher punishment than taking a loss?

Peace

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 10:23 AM
                                      • Test #1

if i was playing ball at the park and i had a bunch of 12 year old's and my team while the other team was collage players damn right all take my ball and go home. which this matchmaking does constantly. cant count the amount of times iv been put in games against party's and all i have for teammates is players with 2 hours played tops. and as for you last point you don't feel a sense of accomplishment ether when you get pub-stomped by a party of clan members while your team licks the walls while they get shot finishing the game or not.

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 11:08 AM
                                • Test #1

If you would stay in the same game or lobby then you wouldnt be put into so many losing games. You create your own problem and you deserve whatever punishment you get for the choices you made.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 12:48 PM
                                  • Test #1

This was how I felt about Halo 4, but granted this was something new to Halo and join in progress should have never been introduced to that game. Call of Duty has been doing this for what feels like forever. I guess you came from Halo 2 or Halo 3 because then I could see where you are coming from. Call of Duty is a casual game and if you want a full lobby then stay through the match till the end.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 12:52 PM
                                    • Test #1

You do realize if you STOP BEING A QUITTER, you'll only EVER get put in one ongoing match per session, at most.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 1:37 PM
                                      • Test #1

I've been thrown into a few hopeless matches so far and it's definitely annoying. And I definitely leave matches early sometimes. But only when it's obvious there is cheating or hacking going on. I've seen people use a hack to give players infinite ied's, exploit wall and ceiling glitches and was actually the benefit of a hacker who somehow gave everyone scoring on steroids. I received 9,999 points for 1 kill. I hate cheating/hacking, even when it benefits me and I will ALWAYS leave a match if it's going on. I got thrown in a match yesterday where the leader on the other team was 35-2. I got behind him at 1 point and unloaded on him and it had no noticeable effect and he ended up killing me. He finished 42-3. Ridiculous.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 11:42 PM
                                        • Test #1

Lisen guys wat i do is i join a macht before i pick my class i press the B button to go to spectate mode and check the score if its not worth playing i back out..and because i didnt pick anclass when i bak out it didnt count as a lossed.

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 12:21 AM
                                          • Test #1

They could make an option to join mew games only. Would noot be a hard thing to do. You could have the old way as a default setting.

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 6:07 AM
                                            • Test #1

I disagree. They should always fill the lobby. It's fun to beat people into rage quitting.

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 7:58 AM
                                              • Test #1

Rage quitting and dashboarding are running rampant in this game. I love starting a match with a full lobby and find not even two minutes into the match half my team has bailed because they got killed once or twice. It's a huge problem. More so then any other COD I've played.

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 7:29 AM