18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 2:25 AM by WillSims062 RSS

How do I increase my rank in Black Ops II Zombies?

How do I increase my rank in Black Ops II Zombies? I currently have the knife rank, but I am trying to get shotguns.

• Test #1
          Re: How do I increase my rank in Black Ops II Zombies?

Most people think ranks are about their kill/down ratio but it isn't. You need to avoid going down on early rounds, early downs affect your rank more than on a high round. It is much easier to rank up either playing solo or with reliable friends that you know won't leave the game. Public matches tend to end early on after someone goes down and leaves. You need to be aiming for at least 30-40s in every game with low downs, if you get a few silly downs in the low rounds it its better to stay in the game and make up for it by avoiding further downs.

Most maps have easy camping strategies that are pretty quick and can get you in to the 40's easily with little or no downs in just a few hours. Training strategies are fine you just need to be consistent, learn the zombie spawns and the map so you can find the areas you feel more comfortable running. If you don't know any good strategies have a look on youtube there are some great videos which you may find helpful.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 10:50 AM
          • Test #1

You play well.

Last Edited: Jan 11, 2014 12:03 PM
            • Test #1

I HAVE THE SKULL WITH BLUE EYES AND 5 TALLIES.

KILLS 69465

DOWNS 1647

ACCURACY 87 %

HEADSHOTS 19%

DOORS 1518

PERKS DRANK 887

GERNADES KILL 1525

MILES 1222

HOW DO I GET KNIFE THRU SKULL MY LAST GAME WAS BURIED 37 ROUNDS AND 2 DOWNS AND 2300 KILLS AND 1300 HEADSHOTS IVE BEEN STUCK ON THIS RANK SINCE JUNE

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 7:14 PM
                • Test #1

The ranking system is stupid and flawed, dont waste time worrying about it.

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 7:20 PM
                    • Test #1

I JUST WANT THE KNIFE ITS MY LIFE LONG DREAM'

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 7:21 PM
                        • Test #1

Create a second account just for zombies and you'll have it within a day. Thats how stupid and broken the system is. Even if the rank did mean anything or help you in ANY way this game is dying, there is no point anymore if there ever was one to ranking up.

Last Edited: Jan 12, 2014 8:28 PM
                            • Test #1

the ranking system isn't flawed. The trouble is when you first got the game you had lots of bad games and died on early rounds which trashes your chance of ranking to max prestige. If you simply kick ass from day one you will have no troubles ranking up.

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 12:05 AM
                                • Test #1

Isnt flawed? Majority of shotguns will back out in games because they dont want to ruin their rank, yeah thats a great system. I could be literally one of the worst zombie players out there but if i only finished the games where i had a great team then id VERY easily have shotguns.

Max prestige? There is no prestige. Just symbols that mean absolutely nothing, and dont have any value in game.

Lots of bad games? No. Its near impossible for me to get higher than a skull because when tranzit was like the only map out i gave many people that quick revive perma perk, although i couldnt care less.

If you need a meaningless symbol to feel like you're good at zombies, then you clearly arent very good.

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 2:23 AM
                                    • Test #1

As far as your comment with people leaving the game early to avoid having a bad game and deranking... I knew a guy who had shotgun rank and he kept doing farm and town solo just to open doors and back out so he could be at the top of the leaderboards for doors opened.. guess what.. he got deranked even though he never went down.

Ps, you sound very angry your not a shotgunner

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 2:46 AM
                                        • Test #1

That isnt the only flaw with that pathetic system, but if you're either too blind or too ignorant to see it then good for you.

Angry about rank? Thats more of a joke than your argument, if anything im mad a company like treyarch would put their name on such a TERRIBLE product. Ive seen F2P PC games with less bugs, issues and stupid decisions.

Personally i dont really like the Extinction mode on Ghosts, but the ranking system alone almost makes it better (ALMOST). They have prestige, not stupid symbols. They give you rewards for ranking up, its all actually worth doing and it adds a lot of replay value.

Even if it were something small like say a skull/knife/shotgun would start the game with different weapons or more points that would make me really care about rank.

You play zombies for what? Some pixels next to your name in the lobby? I play because i enjoy zombies.

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 3:03 AM
                                            • Test #1

I also play zombies because it's fun but you just come off as really angry. For not caring about stupid things like ranks you sound like you take this game wayyyy to serious. Name a game with no bugs or glitches if you can because I can't. Also you complain in a previous post about shotguns constantly backing out when I could flip it and say all skull ranks ALWAYS back out when things get too tough for them which is usually round 15 or panzer in some cases. So just relax man at the end of the day it's just a game if your not having fun playing this game play one that you do have fun with thats the point of video games.

Last Edited: Jun 25, 2014 1:57 AM
                                • Test #1

You last game was good but what about the 5-10 games before that? Were they of similar results? You are definitely playing alot better now compared to what your overall stats show.

Like a suggestion above, play with friends who are of similar skill level and play a few games that take you to high rounds with few or no low round downs.

You will get your knife soon after that. Just have patience. Important thing is to keep on improving.

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 5:12 AM
                                • Test #1

as well to the 'correct answer' at the top of the thread.

Its not all about high rounds, but domination of those rounds. I created a second account to see just how easy it is to get shotguns, all I played was farm survival with noobs. I never not once got past round 17 without everybody else quiting, at which point I would quit myself. I ranked to shotguns extremely fast.

Why? because I got between 400-700 kills (80% plus of kills) and anywhere from 30-200 revives by round 15 ish on the norm. Its about being a completely badass dominating player in the game. Being the best player in every lobby, not just high rounds.

Last Edited: Jan 13, 2014 2:55 AM
                                  • Test #1

Hello

Last Edited: Jun 25, 2014 1:20 AM
                                    • Test #1

stop going down

Last Edited: Jun 26, 2014 2:25 AM