28 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 8:09 PM by BlockBurner415 RSS

gold division ?

travi

how do you get your clan in gold division we have won bronze then it put us in silver we won that now will we be in gold?

• Re: gold division ?

It is a very complex mathematical equation that only a select few can understand.  My clan started in the gold division, never won anything and got moved up to the platinum division after the first war.  We have stayed in the platinum division throughout and we have never placed in the top 3. 

I believe it is based off of your clans k/d and win%. 

OUHATEME

I would lean a bit more towards playtime and possibly wl , kd has nothing to do with it as I've seen a wide range of kd from the clans we have gone against in platinum. But until they release the actual way they do it we can only speculate and share what we have experienced.

Recruit more members... While I am not 100% the amount of players needed! about 20+ gets you into gold and 35+ is platinum. Be forewarned though, if you expect to compete in platinum division you want at least 75 active members who will communicate and play the target or you have zero chance of beating a well lead clan.

OUHATEME

Have no idea where you are getting your information from so please reference it. My clan is 10 members and we have been platinum for all except the first clan war which we were gold. And there are some 100 member clans that are silver . So no clan size does not have anything to do with being placed in bronze silver gold or platinum....

I know a guy at beachhead... You are probably seeing clans that have dropped members or picked them up mid war.

OUHATEME

I Doubt that as my clan has been at 10 members the entire time as have many others so try again. Read my post again I stated that we have been platinum for all but the first clan war which we were gold have not added any members and the other clans I'm referring haven't used that tactic of adding members mid war ,,,besides adding mid war wouldn't change division . .. Your information is flawed .

Is it possible that Vladimir is right?  Sure there are probably three person clans in the platinum division but is there any 80 plus members in bronze?  IDK.  Maybe he is half right.  Maybe a certain number of members does automatically put you into a certain division.  This whole discussion is one of the many reasons I cant stand the clan wars. 

OUHATEME

There are clans with 80 plus in silver. So no a certain number of members does not put you in any division.

LifeSong1

My clan had 80+ members and we were in silver. We are now down to around 50 (trying to kick inactive people) and have always been in silver. We want to get into Gold but no clue how to do it. It is NOT based on size as some clans with less than 10 people have also been in Platinum.

phxs72

It's the inactives holding you back.  My clan was silver with 100, we were silver with 75, and we were gold at 45.  We just had to keep cutting until the activity ratio of wins to members was high enough.  Of course we also have been adding more active people along the way as well.

LifeSong1

That's exactly why I deleted 35 people from our clan. I only wish they would have provided us with more stats on who is helping and who is not. It is SO hard to manage this without those stats.

phxs72

I hear you.  It's especially hard when you have members on other platforms (can't check those profiles anymore) and/or across the globe.  Outside of tracking hours played (which isn't telling you anything other than they played Ghosts) you really have nothing to go on.  I can keep an eye on the folks that happen to be playing on my console when I play but that's it for really knowing who is contributing and who isn't.  One thing that I will say though is don't overlook guys that have a lot of hours played already.  I've found some along the way that had a lot of hours played when they joined and weeks later their hours didn't move.  Even after all of these years, I'm still amazed at how many people join clans only to go on a several month sabbatical.

the wrestler

Clan size doesn't have anything to do with Gold or Platinum.

I know plenty of people who are in sub 10 person clans, that are ranked Platinum. Size definitely is not a factor. I think what affects things are a weighted formula that looks at WL%, KD, and other stats like SpM

TL_Bare_B_V2

Erm I don't know where you're getting your false information from but my clan has always been 10 members and we've been Platinum from the start, there are also clans of 100+ in bronze divisions. it's worked out by time played and win %

ManiacalMidget

Vlad, I don't know where you got your information but you are wrong saying clan size has anything to do with what division you are in. My clan had 5 members during the first clan war and we were in the Platinum Division. We finished 2nd place, and were placed in God Division during the 2nd clan war. We finished 1st place in that war (we had 6 members during the 2nd war). 3rd clan war we were back in the Platinum Division and with 7 members, finished 3rd place....yep, back to Gold for the 4th clan war...we finished 1st place with 6 members (we lost a member after the 3rd war).

we only have 12 members in our 1st clan war and were put in Platium...so im thinking the size of the clan does not matter...I do feel (like stated above) playing time is important in the placing.

In short, nobody knows.

Looking to get gold Camo for my AK only way to do that is unlock all other camos so I need to do the clan ones as well, can anyone help me out and let me join your clan in gold division or higher, also asks to get clan to level 23

cheers

BlockBurner415

I'm a clan leader and when Ghosts came out some of my older clan members broke off into their separate clan. There were about 7 or so of them. They aren't really the best players. They have very low KDs and LWs but they are in the platinum division. Now the clan that I manage has a positive KD and a higher LW percentage. We are in bronze division with 30 plus members. That being said my theory is that that it actually depends on how much a clan actually plays. Even though the new clan has horrible stats they play alot... and I mean alot. I'm finally understanding clan wars so soon my clan will be placed in higher divisions. Hope this info has given you some more insight.

phxs72

The number of wins accumulated during the last CW and the week in between divided by the number of clan members is the key factor that you want to maximize.  You placement in the last clan war also plays a factor but the primary factor seems to be total wins/membership.  So yes clan activity plays a huge role in your division placement.

BlockBurner415

The clan that branched off they have like -.50KD and their WL im sure is pretty low. Its just frustrating because this other clan still is claiming the same clan name that I run. I'm pretty competitive so I want to make sure that my clan is always doing better than theirs so people know we are the original/better clan. Their in platinum and we are in bronze so I'm doing my best to get in their same division to show them up.

phxs72

Their wl % has little to do with their placement.  It's how many wins they got total in comparison to the number of members they have.  Whatever amount of loses it took to get them those wins doesn't factor in all that much.  So they could have a low wl ratio but if they play a lot then they can still rack up a lot of wins to add to their total.

Bowey1988

Things I know for certain are;

a) Clan sizes do not determine which division you are in

b) Different clan sizes need different win amounts to make platinum

c) Sub division (7v7 clan war) matchmaking is determined by clan size vs wins made last season

All of these statements have been confirmed on my twitter page by Beachhead studio

CLan wars are based on placement games. The day before the clan wars is placement games it goes by how many wins and kd that day then they place you in the wars in the division that matches with the rest of the clans With the same win percentage  as you n your clan.

BlockBurner415

I'm pretty sure that it has to be how well you do in each clan war. To me that's the only thing that makes sense. I wish I had my phone working when they were doing the placement for the divisions. Since my clan didn't know anything about that we have to start at the bottom. Our only option is to move up! THCL