1 2 3 4 Previous Next 103 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 12:18 PM by rewind247 Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
        Bielsalmighty

1) The IED is EASILY countered with Blast Shield, and campers are easily flushed out with DC'd explosives. Speaking for 'the community' and saying that everyone hates them rings somewhat hollow when camping is apparently so rampant. Cant be that much hatred for them if everyones doing it.

2) Larger maps were continuously and resoundingly requested throughout BO2's lifecycle. In any case, theres not that many of em, lets have a look at the small to mid-size maps shall we?

• Strikezone
        • Freight
        • Warhawk
        • Tremor
        • Octane
        • Flooded
        • Sovereign
        • Prison Break

Thats 8 maps off the top of my head that aren't 'huge'. Stonehaven, Siege, Whiteout and possibly Overlord would be the ones you are moaning about. 4 maps do not a whole game make.

3) Again, this was a change brought on from community feedback, people felt that the UAV offered too much for what it cost. Not saying that I necessarily agree, I thought that (before BO2) the UAV having its direct counter in Ghost was absolutely fine. Now, I like the fact that next to no-one runs satcoms, as people refuse to even attempt the teamwork needed to get the most out of em. No need to spunk 3 points on Off The Grid suits me just fine.

Before I get tonnes of flak for being a camper, defending camping etc etc etc 5.4 CPG (Caps Per Game) in Blitz, I have Marathon equipped to all but 2 classes. Not saying I NEVER camp, I go with what works, and that usually involves me being mobile.

• 11. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.

If you have not figured out how to avoid the IEDs yet maybe you should think of moving on to BF4 instead. Also if you have not yet found out the spots most frequented by campers using them for an extra kill see the above advice. Use a bleeping MK28 semtex launcher as a secondary if you have a hard time dislodging campers from the most frequented spots.

This is hands down the best CoD since MW2 if you take the time to learn how to play.The days of  Primary, secondary and perk 1,2,3 are finally gone.

• 12. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
            CallOfDutyFan88

1) im well aware that both sitrep and blast sheild counter ieds, that doesnt mean that they arent overly buffed reincarnations of bouncing betties/claymores.

2)  a certain some1 seems to always make his/her way to threads critical of this game and tries so dismiss the views of others in the same smug rude way everytime. Its one thing to be critical buts another thing to tell some1 things like 'its sad how they missed that the maps arent user friendly'' and not expect to be put in their proper place. Its the same thing by the same person EVERY time i hop on these forums. Im done talking to this person and i really hope they are done talking to me until they learn how to express themselves without being offensive.

3) i love every cod, i may have a mix of praise and critique about each one but i do love the series. When u take the time to stop by a forum it usually means u are invested enough to try to make something u love even better by offering feedback. Its not to be a activision yes man and/or troll ppl who find certain aspects not as enjoyable as they should be. I personally just want the constantly fast paced 60 fps experience eric hirshberg promised us on stage at the reveal event. Some of these maps and elements simply dont live up to that promise as much AS  I AND TONS OF OTHER VOCAL PPL FEEL THEY SHOULD. FEEL being the opertive word here.

4) somebody mentioned a very valid point about not all the maps being very big and they are absolutely right. I would say design is a bigger problem than size, like the boarded window from owens and the 3rd story of the red building on the map frieght, like the rooftoop on octane and multitudes of areas thoughout the maps that could have been skimmed out or edited for better map balance/game pace. Then u combine this with things like close range weapons being slightly less effective than they should be in a game with powerful snipers/800+ rpm AR's/lmgs, low visiblity ieds  that have huge blast radius and stick to walls, uavs that almost never help in seeking out consistent gunfights/campers, guard dogs that are seem to be mentally disabled on the move but work wonders at watching your back while u camp in rooms, target finders aka tracker sights, rampant soundwhoring problem that overly punishes movement, non cranked players having no reason to move in cranked as well as many other small things that combine to make a huge problem for ghosts.

• 13. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
              phxs72

I truly wonder if the pace isn't more of a console community problem than anything.  I rarely see a match go to the time limit on the PS3.  200 hours played and I'm in the action often.  I suppose that's a benefit of playing for 200 hours.  I know the maps, common routes, and hiding places very well.  So I typically don't need a UAV to find people.  I understand that not everybody has the luxury or desire to put 200 hours into a game but it's not like it took me 200 hours to get good at it.  It does, however, take longer than what most people are used to and I think that therein lies the problem for a lot of casual players.

I personally like the complexity of the maps.  I find they bring a welcome challenge to the game.  It probably would be better if player names popped up like they did back when Marksman was a perk but as is it encourages the usage of sights that I generally didn't bother with in the past.  So worst case scenario, I'm not just using a sight to complete the challenges for it anymore.

Could Ghosts use a few more small maps?  Yes I think that it could if for no other reason but to give SMGs a natural home.  It's not that you can't use them on the original maps but it is more complicated to be successful with them.  So I do think that the more casual crowd would appreciate a few more small maps to be added.  As is Strikezone and Free Fall are the two truly small maps.  Although I personally can wreck havoc with an SMG on Chasm and some of the other larger maps but again I've got 200 hours played.

As IED's go they don't bother me.  Yes I've gotten killed by them plenty of times but pretty often I can spot them before I even get inside of their radius.  Like anything else it takes practice and like every other CoD before this one you are going to die on occasion from a well planted lethal.  So I don't let it bother me.

• 14. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                aaces101

Ditto phxs. There are so many different combinations of things to try on this game. You have only 6 class loadouts which in itself is a challenge. Nothing about BO2 was all that challenging for me and I got bored of it quickly. I think you are dead right about the casual player. If you are a casual player, you will suffer. If you are a solo player, you will suffer. If you do not invest in a good headset, you will suffer. Personally, I think IW did a superb job of listening to the customers. It took some getting used to, but I like it.

• 15. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                  Bielsalmighty

How are they buffed though? Honestly, as soon as I put on Blast Shield it was a revelation, IEDs are a non-issue, unless the user is prepared to spunk a whole 4 points into Danger Close. Claymores were every bit as deadly, typically if you saw one, you were dead. End of.

Apologies if I came off a little tetchy, but lets be honest you are categorically not right in saying huge maps are a big fixture of this game when there are twice as many maps that fall into the small/medium area. And dont mind my being contrary, you might find this weird but I enjoy debating design features so if I see something I disagree with I'll point it out. I enjoy each CoD for what it is, not for what I want it to be. Are there parts of Ghosts that I dont like? Sure, of course there are! I dont like Ricochet in HC as an example. So I retract my 'moaning' accusation and invite you to some proper debate.

Also, you are dead right about Cranked. I'll admit I was vastly amused to find out just how effective camping is in that gametype

• 16. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                    GotBannedAgainhaha

Here's my idea.

1. Change your name.

2. Buy Battlefield 4.

3. Stop supporting IW/Activision

4. Expect everyone at IW to not fix what you want.

5. Enjoy raising your blood pressure while I go study and be successful in my life.

• 18. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.

This game is great it has a mixture of large down to small maps.

I for one am very happy not to see little kids running around with shotguns and sniper's quick scoping from 2 feet away.

ghosts has grown up yes it has many problems but not as many as blops 2 did.

also have you seen that you don't get as many kids trolling on this game..? Reason it's to hard for little kids enjoy your studies child. Your name says it all.

• 19. Re: Seriously, IW. U guys slowed the game to a time limit crawl with these maps, ieds and nerfing the uav aka satcom.
                        rainmaker6

phxs72 wrote:

Could Ghosts use a few more small maps?  Yes I think that it could if for no other reason but to give SMGs a natural home.  It's not that you can't use them on the original maps but it is more complicated to be successful with them.  So I do think that the more casual crowd would appreciate a few more small maps to be added.  As is Strikezone and Free Fall are the two truly small maps.  Although I personally can wreck havoc with an SMG on Chasm and some of the other larger maps but again I've got 200 hours played.

AR have always been the jack of all trades of weapons. As such they should be the predominant weapon. SMG are a specialty weapon design for close quarters but even in Ghost there are at least 5 maps that you can easily use SMG on; tremor, sovereign, strikezone, chasm and flooded. Although I am very effective using the MR-28 on most maps these 5 I do better with a full auto weapon.  The only map with extreme ranges is Stonehaven. Even though Seige is a big map most encounters are mid to short range because of bad map design. The problem that SMG players have isn't that there aren't any SMG playable maps. It's that all the maps aren't skewed in favor of the SMGs.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next