1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 3:46 PM by appledaniel Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
        PUR4IDO

What Balance??????  What's complex about hiding in a room, i.e.d, otg, doing absolutely nothing to help your team win the game..

Do you work for IW??? Because all you do is defend this game when the game has a lot of problems. (Most of them do, but that's another subject). This is IW's second game and while it improved in a lot of areas, it also suffers from a lot stupid things that can be fixed but they probably won't.

This game needs to be compared to MW3 n Not Blops 2. MW3 is its contemporary.

Treyach's & IW's vision for the game are vastly different, so it's unfair to compare them.

Is this game better than MW3? Yes, but it also has problems that it should not have.

Spawns (Nothing worse than getting killed from behind by the enemy you just took down)

Perk value (Some of these perks are either priced to high or priced to low.)

Graphics are no better than MW3 and in some cases worse.

Kill streaks are fine, except for one or two... I could care less.

Hit detection is fine.

I wish IW would have taken some of the positive things from Blops 2 and incorporated into this game.

1. In this game the 1st person gets on the flag on Dom, gets the point towards his streak. I've literally watch as some of my teammates walk off the flag before it's capped because they are not getting that point. You need to give certain ppl incentives.

Same goes with KC, there is nothing worse than losing a game because some of your TM get kills but refuse to get the tag, because there is no incentive for them to get it.  Easy fix for both those game modes.

In dom, give all the players who try to cap the flag, the point and in KC give any player who collects 2 consecutive tags a point. There is no reason why a 65 point KC game should end in time limits when 1 team has more than 65 kills. Why should I bust my ass trying to get 20-25 tags, yet my teammate has less than 10 w 25 kills.

Some things that can help improve the game.

• 21. Re: Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
          Izjar11

What Balance??????

I'll help you with a enumeration of things:

1. Perk system
          2. Better connection
          3. Fantastic TTK
          4. No overwhelming score streaks (dependency)
          5. Aiming is improved

What's complex about hiding in a room,

You really think I was saying that? The game is complex not how someone plays.

Do you work for IW??? Because all you do is defend this game when the game has a lot of problems. (Most of them do, but that's another subject). This is IW's second game and while it improved in a lot of areas, it also suffers from a lot stupid things that can be fixed but they probably won't.

I get that question allot: And no, i wouldn't mind working in the gaming industry though.

I defend this game as I did Bo2 when it was the game being played.

What you consider "stupid" is in reality a conclusion from previous CODs and complaints from previous players. Funny how that works.

This game needs to be compared to MW3 n Not Blops 2. MW3 is its contemporary.

Treyach's & IW's vision for the game are vastly different, so it's unfair to compare them.

Uh you created this thread asking just that, I gave you my response. I enjoyed BO2 and defended it back when, dont recall seeing you post your defense on BO2 when it was being bashed left and right by many as well. If so please attach your BO2 thread here_____________________

Is this game better than MW3? Yes, but it also has problems that it should not have.

Spawns (Nothing worse than getting killed from behind by the enemy you just took down)

Perk value (Some of these perks are either priced to high or priced to low.)

Graphics are no better than MW3 and in some cases worse.

Kill streaks are fine, except for one or two... I could care less.

Hit detection is fine.

I wish IW would have taken some of the positive things from Blops 2 and incorporated into this game.

1. In this game the 1st person gets on the flag on Dom, gets the point towards his streak. I've literally watch as some of my teammates walk off the flag before it's capped because they are not getting that point. You need to give certain ppl incentives.

Same goes with KC, there is nothing worse than losing a game because some of your TM get kills but refuse to get the tag, because there is no incentive for them to get it.  Easy fix for both those game modes.

In dom, give all the players who try to cap the flag, the point and in KC give any player who collects 2 consecutive tags a point. There is no reason why a 65 point KC game should end in time limits when 1 team has more than 65 kills. Why should I bust my ass trying to get 20-25 tags, yet my teammate has less than 10 w 25 kills.

Some things that can help improve the game.

You asked us to compare vs Bo2 not Mw3 (change your headline to reflect that if that is your intent)

In both Bo2 and MW3 the spawns were bashed equally, this is not new.

In regards to people not playing the objective, about as old as crying "camper". I played a game of DOM yesterday and guess what I was on the only capping and dying and capping and dying on my team, the only one. Frustrated hell yes, complain, hell no its COD people do as they wish, that is uncontrollable no matter what the developers add or remove.

• 22. Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?

IMO, scorestreaks had more negative than positives. While completing objectives gave scorestreaks, it was just too easy to get them. Picking up tags was equal to a kill - If you worked a little smartly you needed no gun skills to get a chopper. Now the chopper was so OP that no matter what it will chain you to Lodestar or swarm. Just collect few tags, get an Orbital VSAT going and you could just enjoy the killstreak without having to engage in any gun battles. Ever wondered why BO2 would almost always put you in games halfway with opponents having OVSAT constantly up? Its all because of the scorestreak. Never before had I seen any COD with people rage quiting all the time.

I have hard time getting killstreaks in Ghost because the good hit-detection along with powerful guns means you really have to play good to earn them. BO2 was a joke of a game, it had faults in its core - A very poorly designed game. The only positive BO2 had over ghosts was that hackers had a little hard time cracking or modding bo2. Ghosts seem to have same coding design as MW and MW2 which was completely hacked to death.

• 23. Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
              Highwayman0226

I kind of dug the way BO2 did score streaks at first, but the rewards were too strong for how easy they were to obtain.  If winning isn't incentive enough for someone to collect tags in KC, you shouldn't be playing KC.  I used to get mad when I'd get a kill in BO2, and reload my gun going for the tags only to have a team mate shove me aside to take them for their points.  Funny how now people are content to sit and camp tags now, rather than going to get them.  A game is hard enough to design, without taking the selfishness of your community into consideration.

I definitely don't get into games in progress as much in Ghosts, and I still haven't seen a host migration.  It was nothing to have a match end once an hour in BO2 because the host pulled the plug.

Good point on the VSAT thing too.  UAV>CUAV>VSAT.  Get a UAV and watch the assist points flood in.

• 24. Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
                PUR4IDO

#1 I didn't create this thread

#2 I didn't ask you for shyt!

#3 I stated that Ghosts should not be compared to Blops2 because it's not made the same developers, hence how can you justly compare two different visions. This is Infinity Wards 2nd game and it needs to be compared to their 1st game Modern Warfare 3.

Problem w cod now is simple. What is COD? Is it an Arcade Shooter or a War Sim? It used to be an Arcade Shooter when the original devs were there, but this new dev group might have a different vision for the game who knows...  Here's where the problem starts, the same game made by a totally different dev group. Blops 2 was an Arcade shooter and treyarch's vision is driven by MLG style game play, which sucks. So every year you get a new game, which plays totally different from the previous one. You get ppl who pick up Blops2 as their 1st cod game ever and then play a game like Ghosts and hate it because they have a hard time adjusting and vice versa.

#4 you mention this (

1. Perk system
                2. Better connection
                3. Fantastic TTK
                4. No overwhelming score streaks (dependency)
                5. Aiming is improved )
                1. Perk system is flawed, but it always is.
                2. Never had a problem w connection on either Blops or MW
                3. The TTK in IW games has always been fast compared to Trayarch, so that is NOT some new innovation.
                4. Ghosts is the only COD game in recent years doesn't reward the better players with streaks, sucks but you live it. It's done not to improve the game overall, but to give the lesser players a chance to compete.
                5. Good player will always be good, bad players will always be bad and average players will always be average.

#5 we all spent  our hard earned money to purchase this game and we have a  right to voice our opinions. Just because you like the game the way it is, doesn't give you the right to tell others not to play it or to say that they are terrible at the game. Sandy doesn't particular like the style of this game and I’m pretty sure he's 100000 better than a lot of us here.

• 25. Re: Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
                  Izjar11

#1 I didn't create this thread

Your right, didn't realize that my apologies.

#4 you mention this (

1. Perk system is flawed, but it always is.
                  2. Never had a problem w connection on either Blops or MW
                  3. The TTK in IW games has always been fast compared to Trayarch, so that is NOT some new innovation.
                  4. Ghosts is the only COD game in recent years doesn't reward the better players with streaks, sucks but you live it. It's done not to improve the game overall, but to give the lesser players a chance to compete.
                  5. Good player will always be good, bad players will always be bad and average players will always be average.

1- Flawed? Whats flawed, this game grants freedom to choose.

2- You must be extremely lucky if you never saw a host disconnect or experienced latency in either game, very lucky indeed.

3- This TTK is new, ask anyone, its fast and its great.

4-  This is a yes or no, because many "camped" to earn a very high end score streak and now that is not the case (as much). But yes, this game is more about fighting and wining with your weapon than the last games and that is balanced for all.

5- Nice observation.

#5 we all spent  our hard earned money to purchase this game and we have a  right to voice our opinions. Just because you like the game the way it is, doesn't give you the right to tell others not to play it or to say that they are terrible at the game. Sandy doesn't particular like the style of this game and I’m pretty sure he's 100000 better than a lot of us here.

And you really think my words will change thier gaming choice? I voice that question because it makes ZERO sense to play a game that is not liked, or hated or "garbage" so I ask the question. Many do not have the words to say why they play or come here and bash the game.

Who is 100000 times better than who again?

• 26. Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
                    Frenchy_68

Choosing between BO2 and Ghost is conflicting.

1. I hated Zombies but I enjoy Extinction

- Point for ghost

2. I hated the small maps of BO2 and enjoy the larger maps of Ghost

- Point Ghost

3. I enjoyed the challenge layout in BO2, I dislike this in Ghost

- Point BO2

4. I prefer the Prestige benefits of BO2 while I see no value in Prestiging or even gaining XP in Ghost

- Point BO2

5. I enjoyed how BO2 attempted to provide skill match lobbies while Ghost make absolutely no attempts

- Big Point for BO2

Multiplayer: I prefer BO2 but would easily chose Ghost if it provided skill match lobbies

Extinction / Zombies: I prefer Ghost

Squads: Is an idea that was never fully developed

• 27. Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
                      NoLifeKing32

Owsy78 wrote:

Anyone that tells me the spawns were bad in BO2 compared to Ghosts simply cant have played both games.... As already posted in another reply the spawns in BO2 werent that bad unless someone got in your teams spawn and BO2 certainly never led to me spawning with someone stood BEHIND me which does happen in Ghosts although I can see why sort of, its the size of the maps and as I'm rarely in a party on Ghosts the team goes in every direction and I suppose you have to spawn somewhere and if there is no real central point of your team well...

You lost me here. I guess you never played Magma, Vertigo, Detour, Cove, Hijacked, Slums, Nuketown, Encore, Plaza...worst spawns in the history of COD.

• 28. Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
                        zzyzzwix

3-4 of those are standard rotation maps, and the rest are DLC, not too bad of a record. Out of all the maps, I can't say I've ever had problems with Plaza of all maps.

• 29. Re: Whats Better Ghosts Or BO2?
                          NoLifeKing32

I could have named them all, I just couldn't be bothered. Multi-kill spawnkilling was possible on any map, except for maybe Turbine which was awful for other reasons. So yeah, its a terrible record.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next