27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 2:53 AM by SirDarthVader RSS

I'm really trying to like Cod Ghosts BUT.......

Developer: "Let's sub-categorize the perks so there's sh*t loads, and then punish the person for not having a perk on"

The other day I called in a Sat-Com, went and made some tea and toast and by the time I came back the sat-com was there....

In Activision's next Cod, there's 137 perks and if you don't have STRONG ANKLE on, then you twist your ankle when running over rough terrain, and you end up with a contextual limp ...

... and rushing around for a laugh, has no bearing anymore. There's always some guy in the darkest corner, with a picnic hamper and deckchair, who's spent 3 minutes waiting for ye, polishing his silenced AK-12....

... "and well done for getting your care package challenge, now your next challenge is to find a skylight to drop it through" ...

And with Insta-kill ,Core nearly feels like hardcore. On a bad connection day, it's nigh on impossible.

I looked for the Connection Pro perk but it wasn't there... maybe in the next game...

...now where's that BlackOps2 disc?

(post usual abuse below v v v)

• Re: I'm really trying to like Cod Ghosts BUT.......
          Highwayman0226

Banzai_G wrote:

... "and well done for getting your care package challenge, now your next challenge is to find a skylight to drop it through" ...

I gotta admit.  This made me laugh.

gotsomestars

Looks like you found the crybaby pro perk

Kothar44

yep, all those perks and none of them will allow him to run like a headless chicken down the center of the map with all the speed perks and a pistol for his only weapon like he could in BO2.

Funny how in all his threads the only people that seem to kill him are campers sitting in a dark hole in a corner of the map far, far from the action who have laid motionless, not even moving to take a breath while they stare ADSed waiting so long (3 minutes) for "legitimate" players to shoot that at most they could go 3-0.  How do you die 9 times from a guy that only fires 3 rounds per game?  How do you not get revenge on a guy that is frozen like a statue ADSed the entire match?  I mean he MAY surprise you if you don't know the hiding spots, but if he is only looking one direction the entire match, he should be pretty easy to stab in the back after that.

He reminds me of a story from a long time ago, maybe on MW3?  Anyway, I see someone running towards the same building I am from the other direction.  It's a long way away, so I ADS, but it's too late for a shot, so I drop my gun and sprint to a door in the opposite side of the building of they guy I saw.  I run up to the opening between his room and mine and enter pre-firing.  I take him down and he screams "CAMPER!!"  I entered his room after he did and shot him within 1/4 second of ME entering HIS room.  As luck would have it, that kill ended up on the final kill cam and when he yelled CAMPER the entire lobby had a laugh and he left the lobby.

best comment of he thread hands down

"There's always some guy in the darkest corner, with a picnic hamper and deckchair, who's spent 3 minutes waiting for ye, polishing his silenced AK-12". Usually its LMG thermal with incog perk or off the gridd,really trying to like this game but too much campers,every gamemode and its boring.And spawns are like shiet.If you play domination and you have 2 flag and no one is in the c flag or even close and they still spawns behind,how is that possible?fix the spawns!!!!

Owsy78

My biggest issue with Ghosts is the connection. I live in the Philippines and on BO2 all I ever got was players from Asia matched with me so rarely a terrible connection (although being English a big problem when you cant understand a word anyone else is saying....!)

Now for Ghosts I find I am either a God like nigh on unkillable/killing machine or the exact opposite... I notice I end up in lobbies with US and UK players quite often which never happened once (literally in BO2) anyone else find this at all?

This isnt intended to open the BO2 vs Ghosts debate by the way so please don't take it that way....

Hah.

Couple you forgot to mention:

The crazy dramatic music that plays like the match is over.. but wait.. Oh sh*t I just got knifed in the back bc all I hear is dunit... dunit..  dunit-dunit-dunit

AND

Oh this is a close match better put on my tryhard pants.. but wait.. what's that??  Oh some 5-16 guy just dropped a nuke from tea-bagging someone.. game over. Have a nice day@!

BlandClan05

Yeah gotta say your subject title pretty much sums it up for me as well.

I'm fed up with the campers in this game, seems to be a lot of them, everything is out of whack.

People running around with sniper rifles, laying half a mag into them to be killed by one shot. Last night 3 team members in a room with one guy, all shooting at him,  yet he comes out on top, all three lying dead WHAT!!

This also seems to be laggy, put BLOPS II back in no problem, can only assume that its the servers or they are punishing those of us who dont have super fast whizzy fibre connection

I brought the Season Pass as well, think I might ask for my money back

Izjar11

Yes the game is more complicated and more balanced than previous, this does not mean its bad or hard to get. It takes time.

The availability of pick and choose perks is brilliant, they improved what Trey did in Bo2. I congratulate them for this.

".. and rushing around for a laugh, has no bearing anymore. There's always some guy in the darkest corner, with a picnic hamper and deckchair, who's spent 3 minutes waiting for ye, polishing his silenced AK-12...."

And why would you just run around for "laugh". Who are you laughing at, at whose expense? Yes running without a clue just for kicks deserves a bullet in the back or stomach or head or what ever. Or you have not learned where people hide, it goes both ways.

Your final comment on "where is bo2" is classic COD give up behavior, we all dealt with what Bo2 dished out, we all dealt with the complaints, the glitches, the latency complaints, the target finder, to have people now come here on the Ghost forum and proclaim perhaps that Bo2 is better is the most (nothing vs you) moronic thing. Sorry, Ghost is better game than Bo2 (different) but much better.

ehess001

"Sorry, Ghost is better game than Bo2 (different) but much better."

Sorry, but no it is not.

Izjar11

ehess001 wrote:

"Sorry, Ghost is better game than Bo2 (different) but much better."

Sorry, but no it is not.

Sorry but yes.

BO2 sucked. Worst lag ever in any COD game. Campaign wasn't great, tranzit in zombies was a let down, multiplayer gets boring after you play ALOT. Overall BO2 was crap.

ehess001

I politely disagree Sir, I really didn't experience much lag in bo2, I find it more laggy with Ghosts personally. I would say that anything that you do "ALOT" is bound to become boring. I haven't done campaign on any COD since the first BO, and I'm not much into zombies. So I'll just have to take your word on that...

So in BO2 you NEVER got that 'connection interrupted thing'? You must not have played BO2 much. That happened in multiplayer but not as much as it did in zombies...from my experience. Countless zombie games the connection would get interrupted..on a high round the game screen would just freeze..where it seems like the whole game has frozen but your just moving around..within minutes your disconnected. Teammates would constantly get timed out and trust me it's not my connection considering every time it happened I was on of the few left in the lobby popped up with the message 'lost connection to host'. And that was a really frustrating thing when I was on high rounds especially. Now back to multiplayer, don't forget when your running and it lags you back to where you were 5 steps ago, you move somewhere but OH the game moves you back..LAGGING. Oh and don't forget the shoot first, die first thing, I can't remember how much times I would shoot at a guy first and I was the one to die...MORE LAGGGGG. Black Ops 2 had so much lag it's the thing I remember most about the game. With Ghosts so far i've experienced very little lag..host migration only pops up occasional now..I see hardly anyone getting timed out or disconnected in extinction or squads (safeguard) when I played like I did zombies. I've only seen the message 'lost connection to host' a few times, from playing I can see there's far less lag than there was in BO2. I played it mostly every day from launch day up until last christmas in which I played it again in January..being 4th prestige and bored of the game, so I only played it ALOT for 2 months and got bored of it, tanzit was boring to, because at the time no one could get above Round 20. Well as for the campaigns...MW3 campaign was dull and boring...but the ending mission with Cpt Price was epic and definitely the highlight of the game. As for BO2 it just wasn't as exciting as the BO1 campaign and it doesn't have as much diversity as the Ghosts campaign. In the ghosts campaign one minute your on foot, the next controlling Riley, being stealthy, blowing up stuff in tanks, having battles in space then the next underwater then on a moving train for the final mission and theres more. The game has lots of variety..alot of the missions see you do something different..you should really play the ghosts campaign..it's one of the best.

TheBeastlyDude

Banzai_G wrote:

Developer: "Let's sub-categorize the perks so there's sh*t loads, and then punish the person for not having a perk on"

If you are being punished for not having a certain perk on, that means your enemy is also being punished for not having a perk on, so it ends up being a wash. Why are you having such a hard time taking advantage of it?

I also noticed, it seems what you complain about is that Ghosts is harder than BO2. Ghosts isn't for everybody and those who are more tactical are those who are more likely to win. If you want to win, you have to change your playstyle to a more tactical one. If you want to just run around, play BO2. There should be plenty of people on there who claim that it is a game that is more fun so you all can just run around and chase each other while those who like Ghosts play tactically.

ghamorra

The thing is, and I felt that Black Ops II was the same way, there are perks you seriously cannot live without. What fun is it when you have to run Incog or get sniped by some guy across the map with a Thermal Scope. How much fun is it when the other team is calling in Satcoms every five seconds and you don't have Off the Grid?

Sure it's part of the game but anymore it's become too much a part of the game. In Black Ops II I once took down 20 UAVs, I got hit by so many C4's and grenades that I couldn't play Hijacked or Nuketown without Flak Jacket, and there were at least 2 people per game with the TF. So after all that is factored in you either play at a massive disadvantage or play every game with the same perk loadout.

TheBeastlyDude

ghamorra wrote:

The thing is, and I felt that Black Ops II was the same way, there are perks you seriously cannot live without. What fun is it when you have to run Incog or get sniped by some guy across the map with a Thermal Scope. How much fun is it when the other team is calling in Satcoms every five seconds and you don't have Off the Grid?

When Ghosts had just come out, satcoms were called in like kids collecting Pokemon cards. I had to use Off the Grid a lot during that time, however, now, I find I hardly need it. As for incog, I only need that perk on larger maps such as Stonehenge and prison break and find it's not really needed on other maps. That's why I like this game, I find there are no really "must have perks" whereas on BO2, you needed certain ones to not get ran over like a koala in Australia.

ghamorra

I find the Thermal used quite often. It wouldn't be so bad if Incog wasn't 3pts. Off the Grid isn't as needed but I still find that every few matches or so the amount of SatComs called in reaches unbearable numbers. I would guess that at least one gets called in every 90 seconds on a slow day. Fortunately the shortened it's lifespan over the UAV from past titles but the radar still stacks so if two or three are called in at once you basically have a real-time tracker and that's where I find it tough to go without a stealth perk. Support really makes this an issue.

TheBeastlyDude

Ghamorra, if I remember correctly, you play alone right? I usually play with my clan and hardly see UAVs pop up like that. I am seeing more people doing with support UAV>Vest>Squadmate. Because of that build, I don't see UAVs often. Then again, I am usually playing HC which might be different on core.

I think it has more to do with who you are playing with and what modes you are playing. There is probably no right answer on this.

ghamorra

Playing together really makes a difference. Random teams usually fare far worse than parties. Most of it has to do with randoms dying a lot which allows your enemy more airsupport and ground support. In Black Ops II if I was in a party it usually meant that I had 4 or 5 teammates that didn't die and this meant total domination for me. If I was alone then it was the other way around and I was the one who was on the receiving end.

I think the only solution is to increase the benefit of radar support and increase it's value in points. As it stands right now, the SatComs and UAVs are the easiest to earn and the counter for them are the most expensive perks. That doesn't add up to me and when you think about it the perks are incredibly passive. They only counter that one single aspect of the game which really doesn't do much for the player. It doesn't increase how fast the move, their strength or physical abilities, nor give them an equipment advantage. It's very passive making it all the more confusing as to why it's so expensive.

IndyOldGuy

In all seriousness, fix these things and the game will be much much better IMO
                                                  1. Spawns, worst of all time, always players spawning 2-5 feet from one another
                                                  2. Spawn immunity, I.E.,  spawning in and some tool has placed an IED at the spawn point, grrr
                                                  3. No fire cap on the Bulldog, I mean seriously, players can spam that thing so fast, it completely lags you out..
                                                  4. and of course sniping..lol
                                                  5. The character animations, why do I see a guy with hands over face, gun pointing at ground because he was flashed, but in reality he is pointing his gun right at me and looking me in the face...?

RepublicSoldier

Yea I hear you some days I just say forget this I am going back to my Battlefield 3