10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 10:40 AM by TOLAND RSS

My Bubble

scotland-rules

Now we all know this game has specific or certain vantage points that really allows you to see across the map or a good spot to surprise or attack the enemy.

One thing I wish people would understand is personal space. Ever heard the phrase too many cooks spoils the broth well the same applies. If I get to a window or vantage point, I would appreciate a little space to work. All the player(s) at one area just gives the enemy more chance to kill in quick sucession and gives me and others positions away.

Example: I was at the window in warhawk with the fridge behind me and I'm looking out the window aiming with my sniper and just as I'm about to pull the trigger my team-mate sits in front of me. Now I'd assume this was a troll but he then goes out the window and gets shot by the person who I was about to kill and by the time I get my sights on the guy....he is gone.

Another Example: Same map except now I'm at the upstairs window with the shop below that you can go into. So here I am. I'm sitting slightly far back so to expose as little of me as possible and a guy (different person) comes and sits in front of me to aim out the window. Same thing I was tracking a guy at the end of street I was looking down and he goes in front of me and fires his UNSILENCED assault rifle and misses the person and then gets shot. Well done!

Now I get people want to go to these places but really one window, one person.....

I think people need to respect space. I mean if someone wants to be in those buildings I described in example one and two they could go prone and protect my back...that's what I do when I go in and someone else is in that building. I respect people's space and I wish everyone else would.

I see no reason why one window has to have more than one person.

• Re: My Bubble

This is so true.

Often when playing with greenies (not a derogatory term, just a term for everyone I don't know and aren't partied up with - referring to the green arrows on the minimap in previous games. So no offense, guys!:P) I experience the same. I don't spend as much time in one spot, but if I decide to snipe or keep overwatch, more often than not a greenie will come "join me"... There's no reason for that, greenies!

Sch4effer

I am in complete agreement with you. In the warhawk map you describe i actually prefer guarding the back entrance to the upstairs bakery shop, it gives me a great opportunity to get some much needed lean kills and I can still run out to defend the B or C dom points when needed. Other times though if I am just setup in a 1 person spot and someone else comes along to squeeze into my position I just think of it as them coming to relieve me and take over my watch, so I just move on. Lucky for me I am more of a roving hunter type player, I get itchy feet if I stay in one place too long.

The thing that winds me up more is when a player who does not use dead silence decides to come and run with me, stomping around like an angry T-Rex and leading us both to a very unpleasant and unneeded noisy death.

Not to mention the people body blocking you when you sprint.

Trying to avoid the open door that would leave me in middle of a sniper's sight; but my teammate is in an urge to get pass there and drags me with him, two kills for a sniper with one bullet... Am I the only one who actually takes care what's around him when he sprints ?

I understand people urge to use camping spots; I, however don't fully understand why would they do it being totally exposed (typical sniper standing over a truck or outside the window or crouched on it), especially when there's a teammate there trying not to be spotted ya know...

0 team play FTL

rankismet

scotland-rules wrote:

Now we all know this game has specific or certain vantage points that really allows you to see across the map or a good spot to surprise or attack the enemy.

One thing I wish people would understand is personal space. Ever heard the phrase too many cooks spoils the broth well the same applies. If I get to a window or vantage point, I would appreciate a little space to work. All the player(s) at one area just gives the enemy more chance to kill in quick sucession and gives me and others positions away.

Example: I was at the window in warhawk with the fridge behind me and I'm looking out the window aiming with my sniper and just as I'm about to pull the trigger my team-mate sits in front of me. Now I'd assume this was a troll but he then goes out the window and gets shot by the person who I was about to kill and by the time I get my sights on the guy....he is gone.

Another Example: Same map except now I'm at the upstairs window with the shop below that you can go into. So here I am. I'm sitting slightly far back so to expose as little of me as possible and a guy (different person) comes and sits in front of me to aim out the window. Same thing I was tracking a guy at the end of street I was looking down and he goes in front of me and fires his UNSILENCED assault rifle and misses the person and then gets shot. Well done!

Now I get people want to go to these places but really one window, one person.....

I think people need to respect space. I mean if someone wants to be in those buildings I described in example one and two they could go prone and protect my back...that's what I do when I go in and someone else is in that building. I respect people's space and I wish everyone else would.

I see no reason why one window has to have more than one person.

The problem is not playing with a full crew and the reality is most randoms are very selfish.

They have spots they go to...

...and you were in their spots.

I will actually ask a guy (when I'm playing with randoms) when they are in one of my spots if they are going to hang there or if they're just passing through. Seems silly, I know... but you would be amazed at the number of times they say they were just scoping things out (so to speak). What does annoy is when they're in my spot and just don't know how to work it right. But I have more than one spot on any map. Yay me.

Curious... have you ever told those peeps, "You're in my line of sight?"

I once told a guy prone right in front of me, prone too, aiming at him with an ACOG, " -hey [player-name], nice a**- " and he got up and shooed.

So why trying explain something to them when you can make fun of them ? ^_^

xxphenomen4xx

Its funny because all they're thinking is, camper, so they "teach you lesson" and ruin your "camp!?"

Highwayman0226

It's real fun on HC when a team mate steps in front of you while you are firing.  At least you don't get booted out of the match like you did in BO.  You see a guy in a spot, find a different spot.

Shadowelite555

No way, I thought I was the only one that thought about personal space in Ghost. I hate when I run to a window and the whole team follows me up there. What do people think when everyone is in the same window? I mean honestly? Why go up there when everyone else is also up there?

TOLAND

The worst instance I ever saw was on BO.  On Hanoi, there is a spawn point in that little courtyard that has just the single gate to get in and out.  Our team was winning when one of our teamates decided to lay down in that gate.  As you can guess, he became the spawn anchor.  So I notice that my entire team of green arrows start to bunch up and I am wondering why they aren't fighting anymore.  I made my way back around and saw what was happening.  Since you can't jump over people, everybody was stuck.  They are all shooting at him, screaming get out of the way, etc.  I ran up and starting telling him he was blocking everybody in...and no response.  I don't think they were intentionally trolling because they were playing normally earlier in the game.  I think they just had everybody muted.  I know they were still controlling the character because they were still scanning back and forth.  I literally got down prone face to face with them thinking at least if they think I am trolling them, they will at least get up and move away.  Nope, stayed that way the last minute of the game.  Everybody behind him/her quit, and me and idiot took the loss as the last two on our team.  Way to go, Einstein!