5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 5:17 PM by OGHuxtable RSS

Black Ops 2 server down for 24h?

So, what the heck? I'm pretty disappointed. It's been just about over a day now, I've tried logging onto multiplayer and every time I try, the message that makes us all cringe pops up, "The Black Ops Server is unavailable..." blah blah blah. When is this going to be fixed? Why is this happening to only some of the players and not all of them?

I've tried logging on different accounts, within the last month I had my modem changed, and my internet connection is currently in mint condition. I'd appreciate it if someone could address this problem, or at least help me understand why it's happening to me.

• Re: Black Ops 2 server down for 24h?
          nuttin2say

You may not be holding your tongue in your mouth just right while logging on.

No. Just kidding. Actually, my little brother was experiencing this issue to a small degree as well. What we discovered was that his router's NAT, while set to "static," it was set so for the wrong device. It took me longer to download a program that allowed me to access his PC to change the router settings than it took to actually change the settings.

Having seen a lot of people describing the same issue you are having, those that have followed up with suggested solutions seem to trend toward the NAT being the culprit of your experience.

Alright, sounds effective. Hopefully this works for me. Thanks!

nuttin2say

If you need further help figuring out how to set your router correctly, post a follow up and I will dig up the links to ATVI pages that can help you with that. A lot of times, if you call your ISP, they can make the necessary changes for you. That is not always the case. Verizon and AT&T are horrible for helping with this issue. My bro has AT&T - he was on the phone with them for an hour and a half and, not only could they not fix the issue for him, they told him they had never heard of NAT. The thing that needed to be changed was right there on the first page of the first tab I checked ... and specifically said NAT and even explained what it was for!