40 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2014 5:00 PM by Trffc3s RSS

Should C4 Be Nerf Yes or No?

I think C4 is over powered when used with a riot shield, what do you think?

• Re: Should C4 Be Nerf Yes or No?
          gotsomestars

Its cheap. But no where near op.

brsox

C4 is fine. The Riot shield and danger close are the problem. The riot shield does this glitchy thing where the user is not exposed while throwing equipment. I assume this will be patched? Danger close should never have been in the game seeing how it is a perk used only by people that rely on explosives for kills.

NickLuvs

100% yes. Its ridicules playing an entire team in SnR and getting completely dominated by C4.

There is literally nothing you can do against it. The range is stupid long, the blast radius is huge and they can duck behind there shield in an instant.

Fix this bullshit, its terrible.

gotsomestars

Literally NOTHING! Except for blast shield, trophy systems, night owls, noob tubes, grenades, and rocket launchers. But that's literally nothing..almost....

wraithoverlord

Yes but in search and rescue you don't have time to reach a night owl.

The real problem is not the C4 or the riot shield, both are fine. But it should be the same when an under barrel attachment is attached a lethal cannot be used . but with exception to maybe the throwing knife.

Fang_1192

What a stupid idea. It doesn't even make sense. Both underbarrels kills as lethals do. None of the attachments on the riot shield can kill. That is the equivalent of foregrip taking up your lethal slot. You want to give me an attachment to use a gun while the riot shield is up or makes the riot shield a OHK bash, then you can talk about that attachment taking up a lethal slot. At best, you can make an argument for it to take up the tactical slot, but then the team better benefit from the radar.

Stop trying to nerf the riot shield. Seriously. It's pathetic. You want to deal with a set up that you consider unfair, deal with the actual part that kills you. Tired of people trying to penalize the riot shield when it is already the worst primary in the game and inconsistent at blocking bullets at best.

Ajaffaroo

wraithoverlord wrote:

Yes but in search and rescue you don't have time to reach a night owl.

The real problem is not the C4 or the riot shield, both are fine. But it should be the same when an under barrel attachment is attached a lethal cannot be used . but with exception to maybe the throwing knife.

What you just wrote is so stupid, it should be acceptable for me to report you for abuse

Trophy System!!!! + Blast Shield + reflex + Off the grid

You will kill those C4+riot shield easily.

matuzz

gotsomestars wrote:

Literally NOTHING! Except for blast shield, trophy systems, night owls, noob tubes, grenades, and rocket launchers. But that's literally nothing..almost....

Blast Shield does not counter C4.

Trophy System is viable option if you camp but last time I checked you need to move in Search and Destroy.

For Night Owl you first need 10 (9 with HL) kills.... Thats a lot more kills than people get average in SnD and you will stil get C4 in your face before you get to that killcount and it protects you for only a 1 round.

Grenades have 5 second timer, plenty of time for the shield user to smash you with C4.

Noob tubes and rockets are as lame and stupid  and not really a solution to the whole explosives everywhere situaton there is now with Search modes.

if you have reflex, you can set up trophy system quickly. and put on blast shield as well. If you see those C4 riot shield, just let them come to you or use some launcher. You don't need to camp to use trophy system, but you need to be smart to use it. I love watching those riot shielder died from their own C4

wraithoverlord

To answer your question C4 is fine and should not be nerfed.

Ajaffaroo

i dont see a prob if its used properly

i dont see why people dont put it an a b or c and wait until its being capped. used to work great and get several kills back in the day

throwing it at someone because your crap is a bit silly. one of the riot shields camos is using the shield plus c4 so i guess its being encouraged.

imo if people wanna use up a huge chunk of their perks by using danger close when explosives cant be scavenged then thats their issue.

TOLAND

No, and this is coming from someone that never uses C4, Danger Close or a riot shield.

But I have to ask, what is it you and your team are doing, or not doing where this is a problem?  There is Blast Shield and Trophy Systems to counter Danger Close and simply using movement and flanking will destroy people using riot shields.  If I see someone using one, I know I'm going to get a lot of free kills.

Can I take a guess?

1)  You are playing SnR, probably hardcore.

2)  This only really makes you mad when you are planting and defending the bomb site.

and here's what I think is happening.

1)  You are not clearing the area before you plant.  Thus, leaving enemies close to you, who are naturally going to throw some explosives your way, riot shield or not.  These guys should have been taken out or your teamates should be defending you while you plant.  Of course, the bomb planter should be running blast shield or have a trophy system, and no one else on your team should be so close to you that an explosive could take them out.  Notice, that you have a designated bomb-planter.  They are the only ones who need to have this perk and equipment.  The rest of the team's job is to protect and revive the bomb-planter.

2) After you plant, the entire team does that foolish thing I've seen where everyone squats down 3 feet away from the bomb thinking they are defending it.  See above, everybody within the vicinity of the bomb is about to experience some explosives launched their way.  It happens every time if you are playing a good team or good players.  Unless you are running blast shield, or have a trophy system down, one shouldn't be around the bomb, or flag in Dom for that matter.  SOP for the attacking team is to soften up the assault point with explosives before moving in with guns.

If you aren't using the proper counters and techniques to deal with what the other team is throwing at you, no pun intended, then I don't know how anyone will ever convince you they aren't OP.

But no, they aren't OP even when used together.

Peace

thebiindsniper

C4 in combination with the riot shield is a bit too powerful.  IMO, the reflex perk should grant less speed to equipment usage/pistol swapping while the shield is in front.  In addition, C4 should only detonate via remote once it lands on a surface and NOT in midair.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

DalekonDrugs

Danger Close needs to be removed from the game or Blast shield needs a serious buff as the danger close practically counters blast shield and that is retarded for balancing.

nuttin2say

If you want to nix Danger Close, then you need to make lethals and tubes a little more powerful. Tubes are like pop guns without Danger Close. It's been that way for too long.

matuzz

Are you sure you want tubes to be more stronger? I mean REALLY sure?

nuttin2say

Absolutely. I had no problem with them in MW2. I didn't even have any issues with OMA. The only time it was an issue for me was on Rust or Scrapyard. But I could start out with Ext Mags and a tube without OMA on those maps and counter anyone using OMA. OMA switched classes too slowly. Left you vulnerable to being killed.

And I only point out MW2 because that's where all the complaints about the power of explosives culminated. They nerfed explosive power in every game since.

I know a lot of people hated infinite nades on Wetwork in MW, as well. But it was still a fun game and I remember the gunfights on that map moreso than the nade fights.

Explosives have been way too weak for a long time. That's why C4 became so popular. Because everything else is so weak.

Fang_1192

Don't forget that C4 also requires the least skill to use. Just lob and detonate whenever it gets close to them. Frags need to be cooked and can bounce, semtex sticks and has a timer, Canister bombs have a poor throwing distance and a prep time, Grenade Launchers needs some distance and have a slight arc.

nuttin2say

That's true, Fang. I actually love using frags best of all. People have gotten so accustomed to not seeing them that, especially if you cook 'em, they panic & don't know how to react. But frags you can get into places C4 won't go by bouncing them off walls, window/door sills, etc. Plus frags travel farther.

But when the job absolutely must get done, you can't beat C4 ... because it has the best explosive power. Bring back the damage to other explosives & it would be a different ball game.

bigjon00

it  fien yes ok it dose get annoying when a whole team uses , but if your good you can counter them ,, trophy system and sit behind it if you know they are coming they dont stand a chance . i wish people would stop moanign about how other people play and think about how your playing and yes i kno wADPT.

C4, I.E.D, and Danger Close all need to be nerfed

No.

P.S.: I don't use it, nor do I use the riot shield.

I Think that the C4 should be nerfed and shouldn't be when a guy walks around a corner there's most likely a guy hiding in a corner with a riot shield with of course a c4 then I die by a c4 point plank range so yes it should be nerfed.

PUR4IDO

Who asked for Danger Close to return?  Terrible problem in MW2 and they bring it back yet again..  Again the problem w the shield is the stupid animation. Fix that.

KurtK24

Get rid of danger close!

Is it just me, or does the C4 detonate slower in this game than it did in BLOPS2 and MW3? I thought the C4 was better in those games. I dont think C4 by itself should be nerfed.

In no way should RiotShield / Reflex / Pistols get nerfed IMO. If you think it should, go get 1000 kills with it and then get back to me.

C4 is not a problem at all. You want to know what is? All of the complaints about it. There is a thing called adapting and maybe if you tried it instead of just trying to rush them and thenend up getting C4'd, you would do better. Maybe Danger Close Noob-tubes would be the answer. If not then run something called Blast Shield and Off The Grid. its not that hard.....

It isn't even a case of adapting. C4 has been in most COD games. It is not any more powerful in Ghosts than it was in previous titles. Sure it kills you every once in awhile but that doesn't mean it is OP. In fact it is probably one of the most useless lethals in the game. These people get killed a couple times by a weapon or lethal and feel like it is "OP" so they come on here to make a pointless thread.

You guys are so annoying with the constant "Nerf this DURR" threads. C4 is not OP at all.