10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 3:26 PM by Hornet75 RSS

Kill Confirmed Disappearing Tags

nuttin2say

Yes, this was a question posed in the past. It was "assumed answered" and I can tell you that none of the suggestions offered are correct. So, yes, I am reviving an old question with a new thread.

Question: Why do some, not all, tags disappear practically instantaneously upon killing the opponent?

- It is NOT because the player left the lobby. When I saw this happen, my immediate assumption was that the player had rage quit. However, it was happening with only two opponents in the lobby and they were the top two players on the team. This happened for three matches in a row.

- I cannot 100% claim that this was happening because the players were killed so fast after I killed them, but I am 99% certain that it was NOT because they were killed so quickly again. I am 99% sure of this for several reasons. First, as stated above, the two players in question were the top players on the opposing team and they were not dying very often. Second, the map upon which I finally decided something was amiss was Stonehaven. Every time I've played this map I've respawned an enormous distance from the action AND I've always spawned well behind cover. Still, I understand that I was not there when those players respawned so I cannot say with 100% certainty that they were not immediately killed again. The third reason the disappearing tags did not feel right is because I killed two opposing players a very long distance away. I watched their tags twirling in the distance for well over one minute each.

- I cannot stress the speed with which these tags were disappearing with the "Kill Denied" phrase flashing on the screen. This was Core Kill Confirmed. In one instance, I actually knifed one of the guys from behind and was denied a tag. I am not going to assume the "collection" was instantaneous because you never know when lag is a factor, but the tag had to have disappeared in less than one second. That's not enough time to respawn. Not even in core. Even if it were, the tags should not disappear merely because the player respawned. That would prevent the player from collecting his own tag - an action that gives bonus points.

- Finally, as I've said, I've seen this happen in only three matches and it was happening with the same two players' tags over and over.

The last time this question was in the forums was in November. As I said and anyone is welcome to verify, the question was "Assumed Answered." Is this an unknown glitch?

• Re: Kill Confirmed Disappearing Tags
          nuttin2say

Hopefully I can get this bumped back up.

No one has anything to suggest? No one else has experienced this?

I know the cause of it I have even tested it to make sure. Basically after killing the enemy if they some how die again it will disappear I don't know if this is what you are experiencing or if what I experienced was a glitch but that's the conclusion I have drawn. However on your experience with the two players it may be a new hack no one knows about or it may be a glitch I haven't experienced tags disappearing instantly yet so I can only assume. My guess is it was probably a hack cause I don't think there is a glitch this extreme happening. Maybe there are more hackers then people predicted.

nuttin2say

To be frank, DarkOne, that's what I'm worried about. I am extremely reluctant to say "hacker" because TA did such a really good job of purging the community of them in BO1. In fact, I've not reported for much more than obscene badge art in BO1 and BO2 since then. I was going to go back and report those two but got pulled away from the game after leaving the lobby to do something for my wife and forgot about it.

edit - added the word "much" (in bold) because I have reported for cheating a time or two when my personal opinion was that a player was using a rapid fire controller. But for "cheating," I can't recall reporting for anything else. Well, not counting WaW, anyway. 

Hopefully it is just a glitch cause of these hacks and hackers on most of the systems is making me uneasy.

WNSA

They will also disappear is someone leaves the game after you kill them.

Also, if I may add to nuttin2say question... just a few day's ago I took out two players whom where all most next to each other but for some unknown reason only one tag appeared, thus resulting in only one "Kill Confirmed"

maccabi

it is simply they died again really quickly

nuttin2say

Here's what I'm going to do, guys:

I'm going to mark macc's answer as correct. I suspect it is as simple as he says to begin with but it just did not feel right because it was only two players for which I experienced this happening.

I'm also going to mark as helpful both one of DarkOne's posts and Uberd's post. I'm marking DarkOne's post about hacker's reportedly being present in greater numbers because, frankly, I'm in the same boat with him - it makes me uneasy. I haven't seen any (at least none that were obvious) but I think he's right - the community is on edge because of them.

I'm marking Uberd's post as helpful, as well, because a lot of players may not realize that can happen. I already know that can happen, but that is not at all what I was experiencing.

Thanks for the input. I am satisfied with the responses moreso than what I saw in the previous thread. I don't see any speculation from anyone else so it was probably just my own unease.

Hornet75

Its very simple and very bs and why Kill Confirmed has been sort of ruined....They are running with C4 and when they die they simply respawn and blow themselves up and die again ..denying you the tag and gaining a point towards their operation goal for denying you it!!