Lets break it down then, to explain why this is the worst post of the year so far.
Everything else was balanced. Now you'll probably be like, One Man Army, Commando were balanced? Well yes they were, the concept of them was balanced and really they didn't ruin the game for me.
No, they weren't freakin balanced, infinite nube tubes, lunging from 10 feet away, this sounds like balance to you only. You are delusional.
MW2 was what I'd call the perfect CoD because it ticked all the boxes, maps design was fantastic and you could snipe on every map apart from a few or you could SMG on every map apart from a few.
Yeah, the UMP could definitely snipe on every map, wait, wasn't it an SMG? How could it kill people across the map with no damage dropoff? Oh, because it was broken, thats right.
The only gun to be nerfed was the model 1887, to me that was the best thing...nerfs didn't come so regularly.
To you only. SMGs should not have the lethal range of sniper rifles. And the models weren't nerfed, they were FIXED from being able to snipe.
Shotguns were really useable as due to the map design being on the large end they were secondaries and had some good range.
Worst. Idea. Ever. Never to be seen in COD again.
Perks - Perks actually counted for something, especially the red tier....depending on what you picked would depend on your style of play.
Danger Close OMA was all you needed.
Overall it was just a great game. I kinda wish CoD would go back to its roots. I mean this game has come close but its not the same.
Overall it was the worst game of the series starting from the drawing board to execution to final result. A beta would have saved that game. When people say COD needs to go back to its roots, MW2 is not included. MW2 does not represent CODs roots at all. Every single idea in MW2 was bad. The netcode was solid, and the maps were good, those are the only two positives.
opinions, opinions, opinions
I would like a new FPS that revolutionizes FPS. Did IW do this with MW2? No, because everyone complained about everything being unbalanced and OP in this game.
However, like i previously stated, MW2 has some of the best multiplayer maps ever, and the netcode made games balanced. Yes, the Host was practically God, but everyone was trying to get the best connection to be God, making it fun for everyone else. Now, people are trying to get junk connections to get the game in their advantage, making majority of games laggy and spikey.
MW2 may have been terrible, but it was undoubtedly the most fun COD game ever released.
MW2 was my favorite. It had the most balance regarding lag and gameplay, and I had a connection that was 1/4th the speed of what I have now. MW2 was FUN. That's the ONLY reason I play COD. MW2 is still my favorite. It was balanced as far as any COD has come close to being balanced - in my experience. Ghosts needs work to bring about balance on many levels.
Why do so many people not like useable shotguns? Oh yeah, because they want to nerf other gun classes that are even barely useable and force everyone to play their way if they wish to be competitive (like MLG). To you guys I say adapt instead of trying to get the game to adapt to you so you'll play better.
MW2 was the best CoD because of the amazing maps that weren't barrier filled flank maps and they actually placed an emphasis on realism -- completely unlike Ghosts. The maps gave you access to many climbable places and had many nooks and crannies, and both weren't just added as flank routes. This almost made the maps feel like real places and added a sense of freedom. They also got shotguns right, the graphics are better than Ghosts -- at least on last gen, I didn't experience 5% of the lag I get on Ghosts on MW2, the spawns on Ghosts are absolute garbage compared to MW2's, the guns are very fun to use, the aircraft killstreaks were actually good, its theme is military shooter (I don't even know what Ghosts is), it has way more guns than Ghosts, maps didn't restrict access to much of the environment and didn't have graham cracker walls, etc. I love to play on realistic maps and finding the best spots. In Ghosts, there's always barriers on some of the potentially coolest spots, or 5+ flanks leading to others, rendering them pointless.
I loved MW2. Excellent Maps, Great connectivity.
I hated W@W (never gave it a chance really, and I hated the campaign). I did not get the opportunity to play MW1 pre-hacked (*sniff*).
MW2 pulled me in. But would I say it was the best COD? NEVER.
- OMA nubetoob
- SMGs that dominated all ranges (UMP)
- Dual Wield SMGs and Raficas (really? Dual P90s!? Really?)
Shall I go on? Yes? Ok...
- Scavenger : Infinite Claymores... lol!
- 1:1 stacking kill streaks to a Nuke (7 gun kills and you can end the game - Harrier, Chopper Gunner, Nuke -> Game over and score a win, even though you were possibly losing)
- Tact Insert -> Nuke Boosting
Well that is about it. Wait, nope...
- Model 1887, how did they even release the game with them like that?!
- Not Hating on Sandy Ravage, but when you can dominate a game using a Secondary (Spas-12), something is wrong.
- Stupid insane Quick/No-Scoping (SOH+Stopping Power+Steady Aim+Skill(lol)+Physical Dot on TV screen = 1 man wrecking machine)
The game was fun as hell for sure. Balanced? no. Not saying the above is FACT that MW2 was not the best, but the things above (as well as others things I likely forgot) did make the game a little wonky. But maybe it was way by design.
- Maps (most) from MW2 (and add some decent ones from other games)
- the sniping mechanics of BO1 (post patch, when you could snipe, but SOH had no effect on snipers)
- The Killstreak per class customization of MW3
- A tweaked score streak system of BO2
- The best killstreaks of the series, but not those so powerful that once called in you can do nothing more than stay inside
- 3ARC logic of having no Nukes, No Moabs and No KEM strikes
- Perk customization of Ghosts (not necessarily all the perks themselves, but weighted perks of some fashion with a penalty of sacrificing the use of other stuff)
- Character Customization Ghosts
- Intelligent Avatars/Bots (easy or regular difficulty) replace people who leave the match, and the stats impact the player's stats (this would discourage quitting for stats preservation, and leaving those who remain with a full game and likely end up with improved stats...) - obviously a debatable twist!
- <add opinions here as I am out of ideas, lol>
You have a good game.
My opinions are my own and are only shared by those who have the same opinion as me at the the time that I express them.
I have similar sentiments regarding MW2. Well. Similar. I could care less about the perks & weapons from that game. What irked me were the massive amounts of glitches and hacks.
- Maps ... most maps I could go either way. True of every title. But some maps I loathe. Prison Break from Ghosts is one I loathe.
- BO1 sniping could work, but there were better sniping positions in that game than in this one.
- MW3 had the best streak customization of any COD hands down, IMO.
- The score streak system of BO2? Well, yes, it would have to be "tweaked" or else no thanks.
- That's a dangerous road saying "the best killstreaks of the series." MW2 & MW3 had good streak rewards, overall, I'd say. Nix the nuke, though.
- Yes, nix all three
- I don't like the weighted perk customization. Don't like it at all. And because it is probably here to stay, I probably won't be getting any more CODs
- The back out idea is fine for people that dashboard ... but I don't like it for people that back out. You score a loss and lose any bonus you had earned if you back out. That's penalty enough and backing out does not end the game. Dashboarding is a different ball game. That hurts everyone but the offender. However, I sense the community is being heard on this issue and that it will change to some sort of greater penalty if you back out.
The best of MW2 was the OMA Noob Tubers and the Commandos and any other extreme setup you could come up with. They all had counter play making it more fun then the current COD where it just doesn't matter what you use it's all the same. Lately I am just using the .44 Mag and doing just as well as I do with any other gun. Bring back the varied play styles please!