11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2014 2:05 PM by Izjar11 RSS

2 Things I would love!

Hello fellow gamers,

Just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on this matter and possible this might be seen by IW devs.

No.1. my most hate against this game is not all the quockscoping or even camping! it's the bloody commando lunge from MW2... I though BO2 knifing was bad but to be lunged from 10 feet away or even through a wall is just plain stupid... And the damn dogs/wolfs have it too lol.

I would love to see knifing FINALLY fixed in a Call of Duty game! :-)

No. 2. the ballistic vests! OMG! they are so week! not sure if this is due to lag or something but some players are literaly killing me just as fast as if i had no vest on :-(

I always use the Ballistic vests due to doggy's, cant stand the bloody pests and with a vest they take 3 bites to kill you :-)

What is everyone else's thought? not sure if IW read these forums but please if they do I would be much happier if these were addressed :-)

• Re: 2 Things I would love!
          ghamorra

There needs to be a lunge. Black Ops II didn't have any kind of lunge at all and if you went to knife someone you often looked like an idiot standing at arms length but knifing air. If knifing is to be fixed they need to give knifes crosshairs. If the target is not within the crosshairs then you miss. Second they need to remove the ability to knife while taking damage. The only exception would be an armored Maniac or maybe if you have BVs on. If you're taking damage though you shouldn't be allowed to knife.

Izjar11

Every one complains about knifing in these games, on every game. Whats the deal, you either knife them or you get knifed, it happens.

BV are not weak, I have shot at players using them and they have turned around and ended my attempt. They are fine.

Fang_1192

Because the knife is an instant kill panic button. Not saying I am against it but sometimes the deaths are just stupid especially when it has a generous tracking range. You can tell when someone panic knives as well. They'll swipe their knife when they're not even in range because you surprised them - that shows how ingrained it is in less than stellar players.

Izjar11

Fang_1192 wrote:

Because the knife is an instant kill panic button. Not saying I am against it but sometimes the deaths are just stupid especially when it has a generous tracking range. You can tell when someone panic knives as well. They'll swipe their knife when they're not even in range because you surprised them - that shows how ingrained it is in less than stellar players.

I could care less, I get stabbed maybe once a match every 5 matches, it does happen to me that often. And yea, its annoying to shoot someone to have them still be able to stab you, but its part of the game, and its not so prevalent (to me)

Highwayman0226

I was starting to get bored with CoD, so I figured I'd give BF4 another go the other night.  BF has the knife animation similar to Ghosts (grabbing the enemy for a second).  I meet this guy face to face, I start to shoot, he stabs at me.  My soldier blocks his knife and I'm prompted to hit circle for a counter attack.  I'm not sure if this is a class specific action, or if all face to face knifing is handled this way, but it would sure discourage you from stabbing someone face to face.  

Izjar11

Highwayman0226 wrote:

I was starting to get bored with CoD, so I figured I'd give BF4 another go the other night.  BF has the knife animation similar to Ghosts (grabbing the enemy for a second).  I meet this guy face to face, I start to shoot, he stabs at me.  My soldier blocks his knife and I'm prompted to hit circle for a counter attack.  I'm not sure if this is a class specific action, or if all face to face knifing is handled this way, but it would sure discourage you from stabbing someone face to face. 

A counter stab would be cool to have,