13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2014 9:04 PM by DarkMega RSS

people are hacking zombies

the hackers are using mods with color names and they can change there psn name god mode and ranks 

• Re: people are hacking zombies

hes psn id is BNT__ANIMEYH

DeathBringer-Zen

Naming and shaming won't help matters. Hackers have been ever present since WaW when it comes to zombies, and now it is even easier to apply these hacks, so it was only a matter of time before hackers invaded BO1 & BO2.

Just forget them mate. Activision do next to nothing about these issues as banning too many people from playing online is a loss of revenue to them, so they only ban people on rare occasions. Even rarer when it comes to zombies.

Take the guy BlackMagician. He has been sitting near the top of most BO1 and BO2 leaderboard's for as long as I can remember, yet he has never been removed or banned!

WTF!?!

boybad

Calling these modders hackers is disrespectful to actual hackers, they are nothing but glitchers and cheats.

They do ban the accounts but the fact that the score remains on the leaderbord is just disgusting, should be the other way around, wipe the score and dont ban anyone then we can actually look at a clean leaderbord. As long as this is a game people will always find a way to cheat, its like that in any game even Olympics.

DeathBringer-Zen

Calling these modders hackers is disrespectful to actual hackers, they are nothing but glitchers and cheats.

I was actually referring to real hackers myself. BlackMagician is a hacker, not a glitcher. They just use modified game save files to apply the hacks. You can find the hacks and how to apply them (within seconds) using a simple Google search.

The hackers are not skilled or talented. The people who make the hacks are though. Anyway, a usb stick and 5 minutes of your time and you can have god mode, infinite ammo and more in your game.

Sad that Treyarch don't just ban them all. Who cares if they lose revenue? Most players would just make a new account, even at a cost.

Video-Game-Hero

treyarch cares about the revenue...

DeathBringer-Zen

Nah man... it's Activision who care about the revenue. Too much if you ask me. I know it is tough to fight cheating, hacking, glitching etc, but it would be nice if they were to do more about it than what they currently do.

Look how many people got taken off the leaderboards through glitching but did not get any kind of ban, be it permanent or temporary.

boybad

The word hacker lost its meaning a long time ago, hell they call anyone who can install a mod on a phone a hacker these days yet still there is a big difference between a hacker and cracker, anybody who can actually code wouldn't waste time on a silly game and can get a well paid job, still calling these crackers hackers is an insult to those who actually are.

DeathBringer-Zen

Fair point, but again I was only trying to separate the fact that some are glitchers who sit in barriers, and others are people who use hacked game saves. I know it is nothing to root a phone, flash an Xbox, soft-mod a Wii etc... I do it frequently enough. lol.

I was letting the OP know that people with colored GT's in zombies are people using modded ISO's or game saves, and not actually barrier glitchers.

maxslick

We have all tried to hack zombies in one way or another but just don't have the right weapon to finish the job.

We will just have to be happy with a Bowie knife to do the job...oh you mean that other hacking?

So anyways it happens like any other game. Best you can do is report it and leave it.

Block their psn but there is an unwritten rule of naming and shaming. That is a no no. You won't achieve much by doing that in this area. It becomes a me vs them story.

Video-Game-Hero

if it wasn't for hackers I would have never played nuketown grief, thank you undisclosed hacker whos name I will not mention