17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2014 5:08 PM by Aimbotting RSS

Reinstall the 6GB fence as a block - pls

Hey IW,

in the first patch you "fixed" this:

Changed the less than 6Gb RAM minimum spec. fence from a blocking error to a warning screen.

Pls switch back to a blocking error. Due to the "warning screen", the most people with weak PCs think they could run the game.

These are the people how cry out loud for a "fix" of the "bugged" game.

If someone would like to play the game, then they should invest in good hardware.

A DirectX11 game could not be played with a weak or medium spec PC.

To avoid more crying, pls reinstall the 6GB fence as a block.

Also it prevents the game from beeing flooded with hackers.

To all who are now hating me - it's ok. Buy some new hardware and then get back to the game.

Regards,

LearD

P.S.: Since X-Mas it gets worst. It seems that all the low end gamer get the game for X-Mas. So Activision has made it's cut on the X-Mas sell. Now it's time for a switch back to the good gaming settings.

• Re: Reinstall the 6GB fence as a block - pls
          radical_53

The problems this game has won't be solved by this. The game doesn't run well on bad hardware, well that's obvious, but it doesn't run great on good hardware either.

You're extremely arrogant and misinformed. If you fail to see the flaws in game performance, then you are inexpirenced. It doesn't matter what kind of hardware you have, the game is poorly optimized. I get higher FPS on BF4 with "very high" settings than I do in a lot of the maps in ghosts, and I play ghost on lowest settings. I also have 8GB of ram, a GTX 680, and a 3770k running at 4.6Ghz. There is no reason for an XBOX 360 to have less fps drops than my pc running the game on lowest settings, other that flat out poor optimization.

Momba1

Ghost lost approximately 43% of its player base on day one due to excessive requirements due to its poorly ported game. The 'graphics' were 'supposed' to be great but instead all I and others see are muddy textures and horrible frame drops and periods of incredibly unplayable lag.

My rig is overkill, i7-3930K, 32GB RAM, SLI GTX 770's, 2560x1440, etc and I've had to not only lower my settings to play but to endure SLI Strobing that would inflict seizure inducing screens upon anyone.

e_moffett

I have more than an adequate computer to play this game. Yet without lowering the resolution to less than native, and dropping the video settings greatly do I get a playable frame rate. Your "fix" is laughable.

Oh, just what I thought - crying from the medium specs.

I use an AMD octacore @ 4.1 GHz (non oc), Radeon HD9750 (3 GB) and 16 GB RAM (1600) and the game runs fine on high settings.

Also I did not say "do not patch the game anymore"!

Only the 6 GB fence should be a blocking, as in the beginning.

TheOnlyFool

How slow are you??!!

The MAJORITY of people complaining about the issues in this game have HIGH END hardware, I have a 4770k @ 4.2ghz, 12gb 1666mhz ram, and 2X GTX 670's. this is FAR more powerful than your computer, yet the same issues arise, although SLI is known to have stuttering and such, its almost unplayable. And where using a single card should be flawless, its still plagued with stuttering. With my current hardware, I can play Assassins Creed Black Flag (a FAR MORE demanding game) at MAX settings, 60fps perfectly smooth, no stuttering what so ever HOW IT SHOULD BE, SLI worked properly at release.

Pull your head out of your ass. If your having no issues, YOUR EXTREMELY LUCKY.

Momba1's specs trump mine too.... ( i7-3930K, 32GB RAM, SLI GTX 770's)

Rethill2

LearD78 wrote:

Oh, just what I thought - crying from the medium specs.

I use an AMD octacore @ 4.1 GHz (non oc), Radeon HD9750 (3 GB) and 16 GB RAM (1600) and the game runs fine on high settings.

Also I did not say "do not patch the game anymore"!

Only the 6 GB fence should be a blocking, as in the beginning.

9750 or 7950?

Because as far as I can see a Radeon HD 9750 does not actually exist.

AMD processors are pretty trash, especially compared to Intel ones. Sounds like you're the type of person who thinks core counts / GHz = power.

I have a GTX 570, 8GB of ram [I had 12GB when I played the game], and a Phenom II X4 965, which is fairly outdated but run 90% of games today on fairly high settings and this game sucked for performance. If you're talking about a 7950 then I'd say you're barely high-end nowadays, what with R9 290X and 780TI on the playing field, lol.

IIRC the 6GB block is pointless, but was on purpose because Ghosts doesn't even use 3GB from what I saw in Task Manager, memory usage was around the same as BO2.

Crying from medium specs? xD My PC is better than yours, so I'm not sure why you're so confident about you're build. All you did by listing your specs was show how poor your part picking skills are.

Maybe it belongs to the 4/6 cores of your intel cpus or the oc setups you all use. Even a friend with i5 runs the game smoothly with high settings.

By the way, my CPU is more powerfull than yours. :-) Without oc.

SLI is cause of most probs.

But as mentioned before, my point is not the lag of smooth gaming on my side.

All i want is the 6 GB barricade for the low end machines.

Non of the ones who write here are affected by this. (Oooow 32 GB RAM)

So why are you upsetted by my discussion?

If you ask ingame, there are so many with 4GB RAM and the lower end CPUs. These are the people who bother me.

Momba1

Did you read anything I wrote?! Wasn't the 43% less players enough reason?

TheOnlyFool

LearD78: "By the way, my CPU is more powerfull than yours. :-) Without oc."

Oh no nonooo no no nooooo, f*** no. You obviously don't have a clue in the world of CPU's buddy.

The 4770k has the best per core performance on the market. Per core it can be as much as 50% faster than the FX8350, even in multithreaded benchmarks the 4770k matches, if not exceeds the FX8350. Because of hyper-threading, it pretends it has 8 cores, and its "logical" cores are the same if not better than AMD's physical cores.....

Games only use 2-3 threads most of the time, so a higher per core performance CPU is optimal for gaming.

CASE AND POINT, Don't believe me? search "4770K vs FX8350" on Google. I thought I told you to pull your head out of your ass.

AS for the ram business, 4GB is very little, but the game SHOULD be playable on low-med settings with that amount of ram, this game is supposed to be designed to allow even those with older hardware to enjoy. But IW ****** it up, even for people with high end hardware, like the MAJORITY of the people complaining.

4770K beats even 9590, your 8350/8320 doesn't compare. And now it's painfully obvious you have no idea what you're talking about everyone can just ignore you now. If you actually read the "mid range" complainer posts it's 90% people running 3770/4670 (which are STILL better than your 8 core) systems with gtx 670 or better cards trying to run the game without stutters on ANY settings.

Oh look, another kid that switched over from console to pc gaming, and thinks he knows everything because his mommy and daddy bought him an alienware.

You really don't have a clue wtf you are talking about. These are people who have high-end PCs and they are still experiencing problems. Personally, I have no problems running the game at all. And guess what? I only got 4gb of ram. And I run the game with a constant 60fps with no problems.

So keep crying all you want. Cuz we're here to stay with our low end hardware. Lol enjoy being underage while it lasts. It clearly shows with how stupid you are.

rofl.. i have an i7 3770k @ 4.2 32 gb vengeance ram gtx 560ti vid card 1500 watt psu and run the game with 90-120 fps constant and it is smoooooth