24 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2014 9:06 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Major imbalances that are dictating the way your game is played.

l16ht

IED's are everywhere in this game. they have a huge blast radius, if you're lucky enough to be able to destroy one with a bullet before it's triggered to detonate, shouldn't you be rewarded for your awareness?  I mean you're sticking your neck out even shooting it, probably taking damage from the blast, and alerting whoever set it to your presence. Can we at least get some points for clearing the way for our team? 

Something has to be done.  They're everywhere in this game and as of current, there's no downside to the people using them.  They can toss one down in a doorway and be awarded a free kill because there's no counter for them other than running a perk that just tells you they're there.  The EMP nades in BLOPS2 rendered them dead and gave points for doing so making clearing a camper's hideout an effective role for a teammate. 

In Ghosts, 2-3 players can take a position, deploy IED's and Thermal Scope their way to victory.  Is this what you want?  Games where the time limit is hit before the score limit because people are hiding in corners afraid to move?

• Re: Major imbalances that are dictating the way your game is played.
          admunday

Sitrep gives you a massive advantage, by showing where IEDs are, they give you a good clue re the location of a likely camper.

Best thing to do it to shoot it from distance and then hide.  It's amazing how many campers will come to see what happened and you can pick them off.  If they don't, turn around and run the other way, this really can mess with a campers head, and cause him to have to start thinking about attacks from two sides or moving, both of which make him vunerable.

BTW, even without armor piercing, you'll be amazed how many IED you can shoot through walls.

You say they have no downside, well if someone uses sitrep and makes these redunent, then they are a wasted lethal which does nothing but highlight where a camper is likely hiding, which is a massive downside.

nicedrewishfela

You are saying IEDs are the issue?

IEDs are not a problem. They are powerful, yes, but using Sit-Rep they are easily spotted and give away enemy positions. I have even killed geniuses through walls who felt it prudent to camp on top of or next to their beloved IEDs.

The bigger issue is that it costs less in this game to camp than it does to move. A Thermal Sight/Tracker Sight takes nothing away from the player (only takes one attachment slot). An IED just goes in the Lethal slot and can be doubled for a minimal Perk cost. Can maybe use OTG or Incog, but perks are flexible and no need to get rid of any equipment to have enough useful perks.

If you want to move however, you MUST use DS (2points and countered by Amplify easily), Incog (3 points), Blind Eye (2pts), Sit Rep (2pts), Off the Grid(3pts), often Amplify(2 pts) to even the playing field with campers waiting to pounce... It is at a point right now where I don't have a class with a secondary and have sacrificed lethals and tacticals on many classes in order to even be able to move about the board with any effectiveness.

That, to me, isn't balance.

DalekonDrugs

Yes it can be countered however i agree that the people using have little downside to using them, the point system on black ops 2 is much superior than the camp fest that is Ghosts.

Be_sharp_Sabre

You can use Sit Rep to locate the IED's if you want destroy them they give you like 50 exp.

Ninebang fully cocked is an emp and equip two if you want.

its a shame that scavenger just recovers only ammo. 

I use this set for this kind of situacion

CBJ-MS

Muzzle Break/extended Clip

Nine bangs

Perks

Recon, Scavenger, SitRep Wiretrap,Focus,Extra tactical

The streaks depend of what you like to run assault or support.

Support streak

Satcom, Nightowl,Ground jammer

You could just use Blast Shield.

rankismet

l16ht wrote:

IED's are everywhere in this game. they have a huge blast radius, if you're lucky enough to be able to destroy one with a bullet before it's triggered to detonate, shouldn't you be rewarded for your awareness?  I mean you're sticking your neck out even shooting it, probably taking damage from the blast, and alerting whoever set it to your presence. Can we at least get some points for clearing the way for our team?

Something has to be done.  They're everywhere in this game and as of current, there's no downside to the people using them.  They can toss one down in a doorway and be awarded a free kill because there's no counter for them other than running a perk that just tells you they're there.  The EMP nades in BLOPS2 rendered them dead and gave points for doing so making clearing a camper's hideout an effective role for a teammate.

In Ghosts, 2-3 players can take a position, deploy IED's and Thermal Scope their way to victory.  Is this what you want?  Games where the time limit is hit before the score limit because people are hiding in corners afraid to move?

Yeah... you have sitrep. You have blast shield. You have the experience to consider where they might be. They have a blinking light.

Campers? You can equip a little thing called a tube. They go boom.

You're welcome.

ErUPtiON

The EMP nades in BLOPS2 rendered them dead and gave points for doing so making clearing a camper's hideout an effective role for a teammate.

I don't have a problem with them. I run sitrep on almost every class. They.... "IED's"... tell me where the enemy is on the map and i use this to my advantage.

The last thing i want is to revisit the EMP spam fest that was BOII........

TheDarkOne123

IEDs aren't overpowered you are just rushing wrong.

ObeySwag420

Blowing up the IED by seeing it with/without Sitrep still tells the enemy that someone is nearby and is looking to kill them within the next 5 seconds. They turn around, aim at the doorway and have a massive advantage over people who enter and have to scan the room to locate the camper. Bakery second floor on Warhawk comes to mind. It's even worse than simply running over it with danger close and being able to close the distance on the still unwary camper, and having perhaps a 0.5 second knowledge advantage over the camper because the person who tripped it knows someone is nearby and likely at the usual camping spot, but the person who set the IED is facing the wrong way, or may be in the middle of something and hesitate between choosing to turn around or continue what they are doing.

belly120

defo agree we should get 25 to 50 points for taking out an IED.  That's protecting the team and yourself, if we get points for satcoms and IMS then why not IED's!!!

tools

Sledgehammer23248

i disagree, i use an ied with most of my classes and about 1/4 actually work to my benefit.

Sebrod10

What imbalance? Sit rep is amazing for countering I.E.D.s not only can you avoid them but you can pretty much see where the opponent is setting up shop, theres also a perk called BLAST SHIELD. if they are in EVERY game than you should mind sacrificing 2 points for one of the above mention perks. I cant count how many times i have just ran through multiple I.E.D.s using blast shield

Yes i also had a major problem at first with IED's.Was dying left and right from them.Then by level 20 i said screw it and used Sitrep.Only time i die by them now is from people throwing them like C4 or when they don't show up on Sitrep.Which is not very often.In some games i am IED chasing instead of dot chasing by watching the radar.

I don't think they realise that i see the IED being thrown down in real time.Which essentially tells me exactly where they are.Think of Sitrep as a low grade Oracle that is always active.

I found shooting the IED then watch the door for about 10 seconds usually works, and if they don't come out they are either somewhere else or weren't paying attention and i just run in and gun them down.That or shoot the IED and wait right outside the door if i am using amplify since i can hear them scurry around which allows me to shoot em in the back when they go to cover the other entrance.

Every now and again i kill them by shooting their IED.Always funny to do, and must be absolutely embarrassing.Seen a few people quit right after haha.There are so many IED users that i don't even need a lethal anymore.

ChronoZombie

(1)Blast shield, (2)Sitrep, and (3)not running like a chicken with its head cut off through every doorway you see- no less than 3 counters to IEDs.

If you are walking(not running) and hear the beep, you can get away from the kill radius very easily.  IEDs are just fine, and if they were any less deadly at all, they'd be as useful as the motion sensor, which is probably the most useless piece of equipment ever in COD.  Otherwise, you are saying "I should be able to run anywhere I want without paying any attention to my surroundings with no consequences."  You may as well complain that running oout in the open gets you sniped.  Well, what else is a sniper supposed to do to some idiot who doesn't use cover?

You should get points for shooting one, but since points no longer count towards point streaks, it is hardly critical.  Point streaks were much, much better than 1 point per kill we get now, as it doesn't incentivize objectives.  1 flag is worth the same as 1 kill, which means nobody fights for flags like they did in BO2, and only the first person gets the point, which is stupid.  I'd give anything for BO2's point system to work in Ghosts, just increase the point values for support a little.

Izjar11

ED's are everywhere in this game. they have a huge blast radius, if you're lucky enough to be able to destroy one with a bullet before it's triggered to detonate, shouldn't you be rewarded for your awareness?

I have exploded them and received streaks for it.

there's no counter for them

Sit rep

Blinking light

beeping sound

Blast shield

Marathon with light weight

your eyes

There exist many counters

In Ghosts, 2-3 players can take a position, deploy IED's and Thermal Scope their way to victory

If you permit them, getting campers is has never been easier if you approach it the right way.

s this what you want?  Games where the time limit is hit before the score limit because people are hiding in corners afraid to move?

Why are many so inpatient? If the enemy is not moving, then so be it, let the game end (if you are winning) through time (most games don't go past 10 minutes). People love cry campers in this game (like other titles) but the truth is I see many players running about, getting kills ending games and the only maps that ever end on time are stoneheaven and siege and that is rare. But honestly, once you commit to playing, expecting the time limit to be reached is not a bad thing but part of the game.