1 2 3 4 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2014 8:22 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
        Izjar11

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

I like IW and not 3rch.  But if this was a BO3 game I would play it, unlike BO1 and 2.  But I am more of a MW fanboy at the end of the day, and this definitely doesnt have a MW feel.

I hate to sound rude: But I have no clue what you are trying to say.

• 11. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
          Izjar11

Highwayman0226 wrote:

I'd wager the people that complained about "lag comp" and "rubber bullets" are having fun now, and the bullet sponges that used to be able to sprint 24/7, hipfiring down everything that popped up in front of them are the culprits of the "It's no fun" trend.

funny how the tables turn and now the game is "boring" to them.

• 12. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
            Tygrastic1

I think everyone has done a good job summing up "fun".  For me there are a couple more things I would like to add that have to do with the emotional response to the game.

Does the game illicit a physical response from the player?  Does it inspire me to jump out of my chair yelling and doing a couple fist pumps cause we just pulled out the 'W' from an almost impossible situation (the day we played S&R, went to OT, I was lone survivor and it was 1v6 and I pulled it off against an amazing other team).

Does it cause frustration AND a challenge?  We have all been there.  It is tough dealing with your achilles heel in this game, but when you overcome it, its like Christmas morning!

Does it provide variety and diversity?  Obvioulsy with all the options Ghosts provides, there is a good chance you might come across a loadout that you might not know how to counter.

Lastly, do I get excited or look forward to going and and playing?  I am sitting here in my office, its 1:00pm on Friday and I am trying like hell to get everything done so I can go home in a hour and enjoy the double xp weekend.

On a side note, we have all had to deal with our fair share of trash talkers, racists and whiners, but my experience has been quite different with Ghosts.  I have increased my friends list more in this title than any other previous title and I am very picky as to who I add.  I can probably attribute it do the transistion to the PS4 and not all the children have picked one up yet.  I don't know though?

• 13. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
              HEREIAMNOW

It's okay.  I've been sitting at work for 14 hours straight.  I'm surprised I can still type words.

• 14. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                Izjar11

HEREIAMNOW wrote:

It's okay.  I've been sitting at work for 14 hours straight.  I'm surprised I can still type words.

Man! that in itself is reason enough for me to want to sleep for 48 hours. Good luck

• 15. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                  Tygrastic1

The "Hacker" perk from BO1 has got to be my most favorite perk in all of the games.  It was hilarious to hack players own claymores, pop off a few rounds to get them to run through it or hacking a Sentry Gun and watching the person who placed it run through it and get mowed down.  You know they would spawn and scratch their heads going wtf?

The hacked care packages were my favorite.  Those rare times when you would booby trap it and it would change to a chopper gunner or dogs.  I would sit and bait them with kills to get the whole team to push it and "BOOM"!  I remember the day I got five kills from one package.

• 16. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                    zvers

I can't really add anything else myself since everyone here did such a good job of summing it up. Good posts.

• 17. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                      Tactics74

I'm not saying I hate COD Ghosts, there is actually a lot of good things about it.

But as far as fun factor goes.. Basically, I personally did everything you can do in this game in the first couple of days of playing it. The only learning came from the maps, but that's the same with any game ever. Guns and perks can be unlocked within hours making leveling up meaningless. Blitz, is just capture the flag without the capture part. Cranked is better than just TDM but since is has a wacky point system, players don't realize that going 23-18 actually lost you the match- and endlessly continue to try to get as many kills as possible no matter what. Most guns take no skill and have no learning curve. Secondary's, lethal and tacticals are almost pointless unless your playing competitively. There is hardly any incentive to play the objective other than your teammates calling you names the entire time.

Really, this game could be a hell of a lot more fun with some changes and/or additions.. and I think that players complaining about the 'lack of fun' is them just knowing how much better this game could be.

Overall, I'd say the game is a let down. I just expect more for the number one selling title as far as innovation goes. Actually is many ways this game has taken steps backwards when you look at the lack of separate audio controls or a pov slider- these things are in the most basic games today yet are missing in a #1 title..?

• 18. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                        Izjar11

Tactics74 wrote:

I'm not saying I hate COD Ghosts, there is actually a lot of good things about it.

But as far as fun factor goes.. Basically, I personally did everything you can do in this game in the first couple of days of playing it. The only learning came from the maps, but that's the same with any game ever. Guns and perks can be unlocked within hours making leveling up meaningless. Blitz, is just capture the flag without the capture part. Cranked is better than just TDM but since is has a wacky point system, players don't realize that going 23-18 actually lost you the match- and endlessly continue to try to get as many kills as possible no matter what. Most guns take no skill and have no learning curve. Secondary's, lethal and tacticals are almost pointless unless your playing competitively. There is hardly any incentive to play the objective other than your teammates calling you names the entire time.

Really, this game could be a hell of a lot more fun with some changes and/or additions.. and I think that players complaining about the 'lack of fun' is them just knowing how much better this game could be.

Overall, I'd say the game is a let down. I just expect more for the number one selling title as far as innovation goes. Actually is many ways this game has taken steps backwards when you look at the lack of separate audio controls or a pov slider- these things are in the most basic games today yet are missing in a #1 title..?

good response and I appreciate this decent feedback on what one expects.

question: how did you accomplish "everything" in the first couple of days? Did you gold all guns? unlock all headgears, uniforms, faces, patches, etc? I have seen this as well, people say (played a few hours) and I got bored. Well I've played 164 hours and I am still finding, new spots where people hide, people are learning and becoming better and surprising me daily with new attacks. I am learning how to use each weapon as well as one could, attempting to improve my usage of the Juggernauts.

The ability to unlock things was picked up from BO and I don't mind that at all, I prefer to be given free choice in the subject then to have to wait for a certain level.

I've also have read this what you say "there is little incentive to play the objective" what other incentive was there except for winning? The objective modes in this game are not easily won if you face a decent team, there is resistance something that wasn't present as much as it is now. If you are referring to no more points towards streaks, then use your weapon. The WIN is the objective not the streak (if that was your intent).

There are things that no doubt would make the game better and hopefully like other titles they pay attention to what people say. Good luck gaming.

• 19. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                          newm8n

I Find it fun but I can't play till the wee hours with it why I don't know, with treyarc games I would hit sticks and stones towards the end of the night and sometimes find myself in gaged for a couple hours, I wish they had a mess around mode. Now I go to core(ugh) FFA and run a shotty with a throwing knife for $hits and giggles.

it dosnt help that nobody I know plays on the one, I always found playing as a group was loads more fun

1 2 3 4 Previous Next