34 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2014 10:25 AM by s_paw1 RSS

I left for a reason

Ajaffaroo

Something every cod has suffered from is leaving a match only to be put back in the same one 5 times in a row. What ever the reason be it boosters, match almost finished or just plain hate for the level (for me its tremor) i left so find me another match

• Re: I left for a reason
          iHattoriHanzo0

Yeah but matchmaking doesn't care about your personal reason. It cares about your location and connection to other players Mr Selfish.

starbuckfrack

Stop leaving matches then.

When you leave a match you dreate a hole so when you join a match that hole must be filled in with somebody. If its a low populated game type your chances are a lot higher to fall into that match again. They design the game to fill the first match available, not to make just you happy.

I mean people do have a god given right to leave any match they want, but you must suffer any consequences of the choice you make.

Next time instead of leaving a match and jumping right into the next one give it time for someone else to join.

Or stay in the match so you dont get 5 losses. Then look when you get to the lobby.

If you paid 80 bucks to borrow the software you didnt pay Activision a dime to play it online. Online is AS IS just like when you made your gamertag.

And YES you are selfish if you decide to leave a match, because leaving a match was YOUR choice.

zingaa

Ajaffaroo wrote:

Something every cod has suffered from is leaving a match only to be put back in the same one 5 times in a row. What ever the reason be it boosters, match almost finished or just plain hate for the level (for me its tremor) i left so find me another match

You do realize you make no sense right?

YummyYummYum

OP try waiting about 30 seconds if it puts you in the same lobby you just left.Within 30 seconds the spot you were put in should fill up.That's really all you need to do in order to not be JiP'ed into a game over and over.

In other words stop leaving then mashing the A button as fast as possible to find another game.Wait a lil' bit.

Problem solved.

TheDonCartagena

That's why I like hardcore in treyarch games. If I keep getting put into a game I don't like and can't be arsed staying in it, two quick team kills and see ya later. Problem solved won't be put into that lobby again.

people saying wait for the lobby to refill..well this rarely happens the amount of time ive had to play v 1 person is a joke...

TOLAND

This happens much more when people dashboard out.  The game never realizes the dashboarder actually left, so it won't even try to fill those slots. 

That's the reason why the leave game button exists.  It helps the network run smoother.  Dashboarding is the cause of a lot of technical problems.  Not the devs but the players fault.  The devs gave everyone a way to leave games, but some players just can't seem to not dashboard and cause network issues.

That's my biggest complaint about dashboarding.  I could care less about anyone's stats.

nuttin2say

Excellent points Toland. I don't see what the big deal is with leaving using the in-game function. In a way, it's just like a job. You get credit for what you did, but you don't get a bonus because, in reality, you did nothing spectacular. If you win a lot of matches, scoring a loss now and then isn't going to affect your WLR. What's so bad about that?

Well this guy has a good point..im tired of leaving the same match 50 times.....when i just rather wait to find a match that is what i want...this developers assume too much and they give us too little options now come on...they really cant code for search to include parameters that recognizes lobby you purposefully left and to exclude that on the next search....Please a monkey can program that parameter...they either dont care, too lazy or too stupid,..i will just keep on quitn matches that i get put into where its 40-189 in dom and you just got there in time to get nuked....brilliant..they obviously have a empty slot due to the fact that lobby was laggn and people quit so lets just fill this with more people that deserves to loose a game they didnt even play and then count that on their record just to kick em some more while there down...My solution i only join certain Maps only when pre game lobby if i get put into already in progress match, i hit start and see what match/score is then leave if its loosing battle..which it always is because who else leaves a match unless they are loosing due to lag

starbuckfrack

Even a monkey knows that LOOSING is not a word. And "LOOSE a game" doesnt make sense neither. One of the reasons America is on a decline.

The programmers dont need to design something to help you when you leave a match anyway. You decided to leave a match which hurts the gamers. Leaving matches doesnt help the gamers who actually decide to finish a match. Thats like saying the store owners should help you out by leaving trash cans around the store for those people who want to throw out the wrappers from the candy they just shoplifted and ate.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

I suppose even a monkey knows that you're supposed to use an apostrophe in contractions like don't, doesn't and that's - and that "doesn't make sense neither" is poor grammar.

If one of the reasons America is on a decline is due to people with poor writing or typing skills, then you're only serving to help that process along.

Good day, sir.

NoLifeKing32

No he doesnt have a good point and neither do you, the solution has been clearly presented, no reason to make any changes to accommodate quitters.

Ajaffaroo

At least someone agrees

Guess now theres 2 selfish people for asking for a simple solution. couldnt care less to my loss ratio tbh. if i dont want to play a match then il darn well leave and find another

iHattoriHanzo0

Don't take it to heart. Just call me Mr Smartass, and we're even.

Don't get me wrong either, I've been there done that numerous times. I just wouldn't ask the developers to cater to my quitting requests. BO2 had me raging like a madman!

images-4.jpeg

Shadowelite555

I was going to make thread about this myself. Let me leave the match. Dont see why I have to keep being thrown in the same game.

Lucent76

I couldn't agree more. When a game runs as poorly as Ghost does there are a myriad of reasons for quitting out of a match.

Its annoying to be put back into the same match again.

zingaa

Lucent76 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. When a game runs as poorly as Ghost does there are a myriad of reasons for quitting out of a match.

Its annoying to be put back into the same match again.

Dude you're still complaining? Why don't you just sale your copy and move on? It make no sense to me to be so unhappy with something but you stay, that only happens in marriages, not video games

Lucent76

Lol I would love to get rid of it but then how am I going to get my free for all kicks?.

Even more I would love for it to run well.

BlackOps 2 doesn't run as well now that most of the population is on Ghost.

MW3 sucked to start with but is fun for the odd bash.

Halo 4 doesn't have the cool guns of COD.

So I am stuck with it until Black Ops 3 .

That doesn't mean I wont complain about things that I find unacceptable.

Consider it a free service to the COD community on my part.

starbuckfrack

Thing is that in a marriage if you call it quits you lose half of everything you own.

To a person attached so badly to a video game you lose your entire life.

Most men in a relationship will complain to the ends of the earth about their girlfriends. But the real men would actually do something about it. There are many more fish in the sea. Just like there are many other ways to have fun with your time.

I find it absolutely pathetic that someone will constantly complain about something and never do anything about it. Like for example my nephew who complains he pays so much for sucky internet service and has been doing so for years. He keeps asking me what internet he should get and all I say is "you have an internet connection, use it to search for one." Every month its the same thing. Some people just dont know how to move on with their lives.

I got SR 4 with my birthday money from family, I hated it after 2 minutes. Dropped it like a bad habit. My wife loves it so she can have it. I only lost 30 bucks and it really wasnt my money anyway.

420gigaman

i rage quit almost every time i play chasm and freight. i love tremor, but i feel you.

Sledgehammer23248

i feel your pain here.  if i'm in a game that is laggy, there is no reason to stay. and if you think it is then you're lying.  if you've been in a game where everyone is skipping around and  you are running into walls because of lag, then i'm not staying period.  or if i join a game that is 125-10, i'm not staying.

however, i agree in that nothing needs changed, you just have to wait about 30 seconds.  i find this is the best time to tweek my classes or check on operations.  by the time i do both and go back, then it's a new game.

nicedrewishfela

You are complaining because you caused your own problem.

You realize that, right?

NorcalBob

Black Ops 2 almost never puts you back into the same match.

starbuckfrack

TITLE I left for a reason.

Everyone plays the same exact game and has to deal with boosters cheater hackers overpowered weapons spawning lag issues etc etc etc.

But I left for a reason and that reason was out of all the other gamers out there I am the one that cant cut it.

Pretty much sums it up.

If the game is about to end, why not stay and play the next game? Just stay and try and get some kills.

robrod

This is why I never play alone. If I play Duty, I have to be with at least one clan member, because I can not stand getting dropped into a DOM game 173 - 21. Not really anything else to do, if you leave and then search again, you will just be dropped back into another game lol.

s_paw1

Ajaffaroo wrote:

On top of that, each map takes forever to load. Wait, wait and they put you in the same lobby you just left. Real frustrating.